3 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  August 11, 2019 - 2:16am
Mike McInnarney's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi. I'm having problems connecting my PC as a NAS to my Apple TV 4K. I've set up my folders to be shared. My OS is 64 bit Win 10.

Connecting through Network Share if I use My PC name ("DESKTOP..."), stay on SMB protocol, use the current IPv4 address and use my Microsoft username and password I can connect easily and access the folders I keep my video files in. . However as the IPv4 changes every few days, I lose the connection and have to set up again.

I do see my desktop under available shares but can't see the folders I use for my video files if I connect through that option.

How do I set up a connection that is permanent and allows me to select the specific folders I want to use?

Thanks in advance.
Mike.

August 12, 2019 - 11:36am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,154

Welcome to the forum!

Generally, you can use your PC's name as the network address (Infuse should default to this when auto-detecting the share). Then, just enter your username/password and you should be able to access all the shared folders you have set on your PC.

Alternatively, you can set your PC to use a static IP address (guide here: https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address...) which would allow you to use the IP to connect today and in the future.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

August 16, 2019 - 3:14pm
Mike McInnarney's picture
Kudos: 0

Thanks for the help James. That appears to have done the trick.

Regards
Mike.