7 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  August 24, 2019 - 11:28pm
ravenofdoom's picture
Kudos: 0

Can we add add an option among the zoom setting for a partial crop zoom (like “normal” but instead of zooming to fully expand the top and bottom to the screen edges to zoom to half the distance)?

I ask because the normal zoom often crops too much of the sides off for 16:9 widescreen on iPads and so a 50% vertical height zoom (and side crop) would provide a compromise of sorts to not lose so much of the sides while filling more of the top.

August 27, 2019 - 1:51pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,190

Infuse allows for partial zoom via 'Aspect Ratio' option.

This is handy in cases where you want to crop out some of the bar area, but not all. Simply change the Aspect Ratio setting from Auto to the ratio of your choice, and Infuse will crop accordingly.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

August 27, 2019 - 2:03pm
ravenofdoom's picture
Kudos: 0

Got it. I guess what would be more convenient is if there was a way to quick-switch or be able to pinch-zoom (in or out) to adjust the zoom while the video is playing, as otherwise you have to find the precise aspect ratio that will zoom it to the desired amount (which is tricky to figure out so that it zooms/crops to the desired amount). Not sure if there's a way to allow pinch-zoom (and keep aspect ratio) while the video is playing.

September 20, 2019 - 1:40am
bl4ck's picture
Kudos: 8

@james
"Aspect Ratio" can be work with compressed rip file, but not with 1:1 blu-ray rip because picture with as top and below black bars.
So please add zoom function. Thank you.

September 20, 2019 - 10:41am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,190
  bl4ck wrote:

@james
"Aspect Ratio" can be work with compressed rip file, but not with 1:1 blu-ray rip because picture with as top and below black bars.
So please add zoom function. Thank you.

This should actually work with all videos.

1. Select the Crop zoom mode
  2. Select an aspect ratio (usually around 2.35:1) to partially zoom a video with embedded black bars

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

September 20, 2019 - 10:42am
bl4ck's picture

Ok give me some time I will check.

September 20, 2019 - 1:58pm
bl4ck's picture

@james
False alarm everything's work, thank you!