6 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  September 14, 2019 - 9:29am
bhampster's picture
Kudos: 2

Hi,

I prefer infuse to plex in every single way except for one.

There's one thing Plex can do that to my knowledge infuse can't and it's something I find terribly useful.

I use a projector so when I just want to listen to something like my surround sound mixes of Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here for example I tell Siri to open Plex on my ATV4K. Then I open Plex on my iPhone and I can navigate the TVOS Plex using my iPhone and what I play back is not "cast" to the ATV4K but it's played directly using the ATV4K.

Maybe this can be done and I just don't know how to do it. If I could do this with infuse (I bought 6 Pro standalone for now) I would have no need for Plex (Aside from the fact it's actually tremendously useful as an organizer of a library for infuse.)

-Brian

September 15, 2019 - 2:42am
elchupete's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 85

iOS (not Infuse but native iOS) has a build in aTV remote app. Wouldn't this solve your issue?

September 15, 2019 - 8:20am
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 48

That’s just a remote. What he’s looking for is a “second screen” feature. Infuse on iOS would pickup that infuse on atv is running. You could then pick the media to be watched on your tablet/phone and it would start playing natively on tvOS infuse.

September 17, 2019 - 8:03am
hansooloo's picture
Kudos: 0

This would really be awesome.

September 22, 2019 - 7:12am
bluskye's picture
Kudos: 14
  JarvisMeier wrote:

That’s just a remote. What he’s looking for is a “second screen” feature. Infuse on iOS would pickup that infuse on atv is running. You could then pick the media to be watched on your tablet/phone and it would start playing natively on tvOS infuse.

Yeah, its called "use the Apple TV remote". Why would you need to be in same room with a phone, and not just use the apple tv remote already available? Sounds like a scenario that does not need fixing.

September 22, 2019 - 8:45pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 48
  bluskye wrote:

Yeah, its called "use the Apple TV remote". Why would you need to be in same room with a phone, and not just use the apple tv remote already available? Sounds like a scenario that does not need fixing.

Second screen is actually quite handy. I’ve used in on plex quite a bit. The Apple TV remote is kind of a turd and apples remote app is just as bad. It’s nice to be able to quickly scan your library on your phone, pick a movie, and have it play natively on the AppleTV