11 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  September 28, 2019 - 1:40am
Royrigley's picture
Kudos: 1

Hello -

Since updating to iPad OS 13.1.1, my install of Infuse 6.1.7 crashes on launch. No visible error messages. My IPad is a third gen 12 inch iPad Pro 1TB.

Rebooting the iPad does not resolve the issue.

Is there any thing I can do to fix?

Many thanks
RR

September 28, 2019 - 8:23am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 371

Welcome to the forum!

Was Infuse 6.1.7 working ok with iOS 13.1? Or did you by chance do the update from 6.1.6 to 6.1.7 on Infuse and the 13.1 to 13.1.1 on the iOS at the same time? The two updates came out very close in time to each other.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

September 28, 2019 - 8:46am
Royrigley's picture

Hi - thank you for your response NC Bullseye.

Honestly I'd not tried it knowingly.

I can say with certainty that 6.1.5 was running fine on all betas of iPad OS 13 including beta 13.1. Once the OS got to GM, I moved the device off the beta track as my own app development no longer needed it on that device.

I certainly have a large volume of content in my Infuse library (not coming from my network drive) (~850GB) but that hadn't been a problem previously.

Let me know whether there is anything else you'd like me to check.

Many thanks for your help
RR

September 28, 2019 - 9:09am
NC Bullseye's picture

If Infuse is crashing back to the iPad home screen when launching it's possible the last Infuse update got corrupted in some way. You may want to try deleting Infuse and reinstalling.

Now if Infuse is launching but crashing when trying to play you should let it crash and then on the next restart, instead of trying to play a video, go to the settings and send in the diagnostics as outlined here https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...

September 28, 2019 - 10:09am
mrzippy's picture
Kudos: 0

Also crash on startup with iOS 12.4.2 on iPad mini 2. Believe was fine before this iOS update.

Updated. I just deleted and installed again and working. This affected 3 different iPads.

September 28, 2019 - 11:16am
NC Bullseye's picture
  mrzippy wrote:

Also crash on startup with iOS 12.4.2 on iPad mini 2. Believe was fine before this iOS update.

Updated. I just deleted and installed again and working. This affected 3 different iPads.

Was this your post a couple of hours ago that's down just a couple from this thread? Wink https://firecore.com/forum/topic/23857

Glad it's all working now. I'm wondering if Apple had some issues with their download servers. The last few weeks have been hit and miss with other apps (not Infuse) also.

September 28, 2019 - 1:40pm
AstroShine's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Was this your post a couple of hours ago that's down just a couple from this thread? Wink https://firecore.com/forum/topic/23857

Glad it's all working now. I'm wondering if Apple had some issues with their download servers. The last few weeks have been hit and miss with other apps (not Infuse) also.

No, that was me. mrzippy and I apparently have the same problem with the same configuration at the same time Tongue Wink

I will try the reinstall fix, though Infuse was updated and working prior to the iOS upgrade.

September 28, 2019 - 1:45pm
Royrigley's picture

This worked and everything is now operational. Thanks for your help guys.

I had the OS offload the app rather than deleting it so that the OS retained my library. Fresh re-install and everything was working and library was fully in tact.

Thanks again
RR

September 28, 2019 - 2:04pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  Royrigley wrote:

This worked and everything is now operational. Thanks for your help guys.

I had the OS offload the app rather than deleting it so that the OS retained my library. Fresh re-install and everything was working and library was fully in tact.

Thanks again
RR

You're quite welcome. Glad you're back in operation!

September 28, 2019 - 2:07pm
AstroShine's picture
  AstroShine wrote:

No, that was me. mrzippy and I apparently have the same problem with the same configuration at the same time Tongue Wink

I will try the reinstall fix, though Infuse was updated and working prior to the iOS upgrade.

The reinstall fixed worked for me as well.

September 28, 2019 - 2:10pm
NC Bullseye's picture

Wanted to add something, Royrigley Thanks for the lesson on offloading. I'm a bit of a neophyte on the iOS and had to google offloading. That's the best of both worlds. I appreciate the tip!