The implementation of playlists in Infuse 6.2 is a very welcome addition! I've already started compiling "Favorites" playlists for each family member.
Here are a few suggestions that I think could make the feature even better (I'm referring to the iOS app, but I would like to see similar functionality in the tvOS app as well. Please reply with your suggestions.
- Ability to set a playlist artwork/cover. Currently, the first title in the playlist determines the artwork. If you make any changes, you can select "Refresh Artwork" and it will update. I was surprised when I saw this menu item at first because I thought Firecore sneakily added the ability to refresh/update artwork for all titles.
- Ability to tap and hold on any movie artwork for a haptic touch menu that contains the same menu items when you tap on the movie, then the ellipses.
- Ability to manually sort playlists. Intuitively, I tried tapping and holding on a playlist to see if it would activate a rearrange function. The ellipses menu items are not currently functional. I would like to be able to rearrange playlists in the same way titles can be rearranged within the playlists.
- When adding a playlist title, I think the first letter of each word should be automatically capitalized.
- Please enable the ability to sort titles within specific playlists according to release date.
- In list view, I would like to see release dates below or next to titles.
- As playlists are shared over iCloud, I worry about family members editing my existing playlists. I'd like them to be visible, but only editable by the creators of the playlists.
- I feel like the "Playlists" option in the search menu would be better placed below maybe "Unwatched", above "Collections". Especially because I think everyone is used to "All Movies" being at the top.
- Ability to add "Playlists" to favorites (it's grayed out for me for some reason).