12 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  October 23, 2019 - 6:30am
Wmanser's picture
Kudos: 0

The recently added that is below the favourites, has the first movie as “Dumbo”. All newer movies appear in second place and to the right as they should. I removed the movie and the recently added works. When I put it back, it stays as first even when I add more new movies. This was happening before I upgraded to the new 6.2. I use atv 4K. Is there something in the metadata that does this so I can fix this, or should I be looking elsewhere?

October 23, 2019 - 1:09pm
rajohns's picture
Kudos: 1

I’ve also noticed my “recently added” section isn’t always ordered correctly. Sometimes I add a new movie and it will be like 8th in the list or something strange like that.

October 23, 2019 - 1:18pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 383

Per James, You might check the creation/modified timestamps on the videos themselves, as Infuse will use these to determine which videos are recently added.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

October 23, 2019 - 1:29pm
rajohns's picture

@NCBullseye/James, that seems like an unintuitive way to order things in a section titled "recently added". Intuitively, I would think a "recently added" section in Infuse would show me the most recently added item to my drive that Infuse is reading from.

E.g. say I modify a video in 2012 and it's modified timestamp shows 2012. Then I add that video to my shared drive today. Infuse is going to order it in the back of the "recently added" section. Granted, maybe there is just no metadata that exists on the drive or file that would indicate when it was added to the drive?

October 23, 2019 - 10:24pm
kubrick7007's picture

I have addressed this problem for nearly 4 years now. Recently Added is not working properly. In my selection, I have had the same 4 movies placed as the 4 first for the same amount of years as my complaints about this not working function.

October 24, 2019 - 12:18pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,206

Using the date from the files is the best option we have right now.

Previously, when we simply looked at when a file was first seen by Infuse, the recently added list would be composed of items in reverse alphabetical order. Which wasn't a great experience for most people.

We've seen a few cases where some files may have dates which are set way ahead in the future, which can cause the same files to appear as the most recently added, but these cases are pretty rare.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

October 24, 2019 - 12:22pm
rajohns's picture

Previously, when we simply looked at when a file was first seen by Infuse, the recently added list would be composed of items in reverse alphabetical order. Which wasn't a great experience for most people.

I'm not following. Why did ordering by the time Infuse saw the file result in reverse alphabetical ordering?

October 24, 2019 - 12:26pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,206
  rajohns wrote:

I'm not following. Why did ordering by the time Infuse saw the file result in reverse alphabetical ordering?

When setting up Infuse for the first time, Infuse would scan through your files alphabetically, so the last added files (ie recently added) were just the ones it scanned last.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

October 24, 2019 - 12:33pm
rajohns's picture

When setting up Infuse for the first time, Infuse would scan through your files alphabetically, so the last added files (ie recently added) were just the ones it scanned last.

Ah understood. In that case it might make sense to only start ordering by the "Infuse seen time" after the initial scan is complete. That would solve the problem from my perspective as an end user.

December 3, 2019 - 12:49pm
Wmanser's picture

I guess infuse has a sorting problem, and until they fix it, there is nothing we ca do. I now have removed the recently added from my favourites as I find it annoying when it doesn’t work. I’ll keep an eye out and will star using it again when fixed.

Wmanser

December 3, 2019 - 2:08pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 383
  james wrote:

Using the date from the files is the best option we have right now.

We've seen a few cases where some files may have dates which are set way ahead in the future, which can cause the same files to appear as the most recently added, but these cases are pretty rare.

Personally, I find that using the date a file was first seen by Infuse to be far more pertinent (and accurate) than using a file date that may or may not be in order with other files being added and even may be so far out as to not even show in the list or garner the first spot forever. I've had several files that I have added that were created long ago and are just now being moved to Infuse and they never show in the recently added.

It seems that the term "Recently Added" should reference when they were added to Infuse not when they were created or modified.

I know that it's easy to get bloat in the options screen but at the very least, could we get an option of which date to user? Either the date first seen by Infuse or the created/modified date?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

December 3, 2019 - 4:05pm
Wmanser's picture

Maybe my issue with recently added is what I was expecting. After the library is set up I added more movies. The movie I added yesterday (regardless when the movie was made) should appear in the recently added as the first movie on the left. When I add a movie today, it will appear as the first movie on the left. The one from yesterday will now be the second one from the left.
If I add A group of movies, I don’t care what order they show as long as they appear on the left to indicate they were added in the last group. If this not what was intended by infuse, then it should be stated somewhere what to except.

Wmanser