17 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 10, 2019 - 9:06pm
nopea's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 6
Kudos: 0

Hi,

I have been considering re-encoding all my rips using HEVC and AAC to save space on my library. Is the pro-version required to play HEVC and AAC or does the free version play this format?

Cheers

  November 10, 2019 - 9:12pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,785
Kudos: 383

I never ran the free version so I can't really say but why not try a sample video and see? Shouldn't take a lot to drum up a x265 AAC video.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

  November 10, 2019 - 9:15pm
nopea's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 6
Kudos: 0

Thanks for the reply. I am currently running the Pro version and HEVC/AAC files playback fine on my ATV 4k. But I am wondering if this a format that only the Pro version can playback.

Cheers

  November 10, 2019 - 9:17pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,785
Kudos: 383
  nopea wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I am currently running the Pro version and HEVC/AAC files playback fine on my ATV 4k. But I am wondering if this a format that only the Pro version can playback.

Cheers

Are you running the free version with a subscription or are you running the Buy once pro version?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

  November 10, 2019 - 9:18pm
nopea's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 6
Kudos: 0

I have a yearly subscription.

Cheers

  November 11, 2019 - 2:15pm
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,091
Kudos: 1,206

FWIW, Infuse Pro includes quite a bit more than just codec support.

A list of everything you get can be found here.
https://firecore.com/infuse#pro

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  November 11, 2019 - 3:59pm
nopea's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 6
Kudos: 0

Thanks James,

I am aware of the other features that Pro does bring in addition to extended codec support. However I am looking specifically if the non Pro version can do HEVC and AAC ( I am sure it can do AAC, but I cannot see anything about HEVC support requiring Pro).

Cheers

  November 11, 2019 - 4:07pm
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,091
Kudos: 1,206

Unfortunately, codec licenses and costs can change, and in the past some codecs have gone from free to Pro (and vice versa). It could theoretically happen in the future, so for this reason we don't publish an explicit list of codecs that require Pro.

Since you're already using Pro you should be all set, regardless of what happens in the future.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  November 25, 2019 - 3:45pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 781
Kudos: 120
  nopea wrote:

Thanks James,

I am aware of the other features that Pro does bring in addition to extended codec support. However I am looking specifically if the non Pro version can do HEVC and AAC ( I am sure it can do AAC, but I cannot see anything about HEVC support requiring Pro).

Cheers

HEVC mkv works fine for me with a stereo AAC. I have all my movies ripped into "digital copies" for traveling and guest access.

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

  November 29, 2019 - 9:58pm
zibawal's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 31
Kudos: 0
  james wrote:

FWIW, Infuse Pro includes quite a bit more than just codec support.

A list of everything you get can be found here.
https://firecore.com/infuse#pro

I did upgrade to pro through the app but still my DV files were no go

  November 29, 2019 - 11:35pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 781
Kudos: 120
  zibawal wrote:

I did upgrade to pro through the app but still my DV files were no go

I don’t see it on the list of supported formats, unless I completely missed it. You can add a suggestion to support it in future releases.

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

  November 29, 2019 - 11:51pm
zibawal's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 31
Kudos: 0
  munpip214 wrote:

I don’t see it on the list of supported formats, unless I completely missed it. You can add a suggestion to support it in future releases.

how can I do so

  November 30, 2019 - 12:05am
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 781
Kudos: 120
  zibawal wrote:

how can I do so

https://firecore.com/forum/suggestions
Add a “New Post” at the top

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

  November 30, 2019 - 8:13am
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Online
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 557
Kudos: 52
  zibawal wrote:

I did upgrade to pro through the app but still my DV files were no go

my DV movies play without issue. Use mediainfo on a PC and post your output here. Do the files playback with other apps such as MrMC? If not then you might have bad files.

  November 30, 2019 - 1:08pm
zibawal's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 31
Kudos: 0
  JarvisMeier wrote:

my DV movies play without issue. Use mediainfo on a PC and post your output here. Do the files playback with other apps such as MrMC? If not then you might have bad files.

Netflix, vudu, and all rest streaming DV works fine. These are SL, Mp4 rips on my LAN, NAS storage. Btw MrMC do u need standard or pro version to play VC?

  November 30, 2019 - 2:11pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Online
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 557
Kudos: 52

You need the paid version of MrMC. Post the media info for the affected files. Do DV demo files from Dolby playback in Dolby vision? They work for me and I’m running through a Sony strdn1080 receiver into an LG oled b7p.

  November 30, 2019 - 2:21pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 781
Kudos: 120

My bad, I thought you were referring to .dv files not Dolby Vision…

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+