8 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 17, 2019 - 7:46am
HellocK's picture
Kudos: 8

It would be great if infuse would be able to detect local .nfo files I came from KODI and all my TV libarary has its .nfo files had a terrible headache when tvdb was down wouldn't have made any issue if infuse was able to read local .nfo files attached a sample for the tv show and an episode

attached png (screenshot) files of the NFO files for illustration

Attachments: 
  January 21, 2020 - 5:00am
ginmare's picture
Kudos: 0

I've also been trying to setup .nfo and local posters for TV series, as some series are not series arent in thetvdb correctly.

January 21, 2020 - 2:04pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,269

This is not supported at this time.

Moving to suggestions for now. Thanks.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

January 26, 2020 - 2:24am
Hamuko's picture
Kudos: 0

Strong agree here. The .NFO files allow for much fine-grained control over my library and the ability to use another data source than TVDB.

January 27, 2020 - 6:56am
jhoyos's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 9

Just write in this post to show +1000 to this suggestion. We wouldn't have any miss identification anymore.

January 30, 2020 - 4:58pm
n00b's picture
Kudos: 2
  james wrote:

This is not supported at this time.

Moving to suggestions for now. Thanks.

So you had this feature and removed it? How come when I go to 'edit' metadata, if I have a local .nfo file I can choose it? (I haven't gotten it to parse but I am not starting from a known working nfo file, just trying to get them to work from scratch. So I don't know if it "works" but infuse certainly detects and allows me to select it.)

https://firecore.com/comment/67913#comment-67913

February 7, 2020 - 6:38pm
n00b's picture
Kudos: 2

this definitely works as i've just been thoroughly testing it

February 10, 2020 - 1:14pm
NSBrad's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 6

This would be great to have since my Emby server automatically adds a .nfo file and artwork to a title's folder when it gets added and edited. Having everything reading the same metadata and art would make customizing it very nice.

Also, Infuse should really use the video file's date for what's new instead of the folder date. It gets annoying to have a "recently added" title when it hasn't actually been added but the artwork or metadata have been updated.