70 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 18, 2019 - 11:09am
efthymis's picture
Kudos: 0

I just wanted to ask if you guys are still having issues following the tvdb outage.

Most of my TV shows are now “gone” since yesterday, as in they do not appear on the lists at all. They have been merged with other shows.

For example, Game of Thrones is now inside The Walking Dead. Season 1 has all the episodes from both shows’ 1st season, etc.
Sure I love both shows, but never expected them to happily marry.

Same with 9 other shows.

Attachments: 
  November 18, 2019 - 11:13am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,206

Welcome to the forum!

When TheTVDb started to come back online yesterday, it was returning incorrect info for a period of time. This could lead to issues like the ones you are seeing.

To resolve this, you can use the Edit option on the affected episodes and Infuse will be able to refresh the metadata and pull down the correct info. You should only need to do this for a single file in each series.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 18, 2019 - 11:31am
efthymis's picture

Thank you for the quick reply, and thanks for this great app. I’m glad I purchased PRO.

I tried to do what you suggested, yet it says it finds no matches. Tried it on several episodes of different shows too. Same result. It displays the filename of the episode I try to edit, then I input a query and get no results

Attachments: 
  November 18, 2019 - 11:56am
james's picture
Staff

Hmm...can you try force-closing the Infuse app, and try the search again?

November 18, 2019 - 12:34pm
efthymis's picture

You were right, this worked. BUT new issues arose. Have a look:

1) Blank folders with not so helpful names. For example, the folder 14GKW0~W is actually 13 Reasons Why when I open it, containing the episodes with the poster, synopsis, all details, etc. i tried refreshing the metadata but nothing works.

2) The second blank folder is The 100. When I open it, I only see the episode filenames. No posters, no synopsis, no details.

3) Many shows have the wrong posters, even when the rest of the metadata are correct.

4) Other shows have posters in the wrong language. (Yes my ATV is in english, and the language options in Infuse, too.)

5) Per-season covers have vanished. For example, The Big Bang Theory had a specific cover for each season. Now one for everything.

I am definitely NOT blaming you, I am just reporting the issues caused by theTVDb.

On a sidenote: Can we please have an option to search for other covers/posters for the main folder AND the subfolders/seasons? Other apps search in sites such as theposterdb, fanart.tv, cinematerial, etc.

Attachments: 
  November 18, 2019 - 12:37pm
james's picture
Staff

We're getting a few lingering reports of issues with missing artwork in some case. It seems this is related to some of TheTVDb's CDN caches which may still need to update.

I'd give it a few hours (or maybe a day) and try refreshing the affected series, and hopefully everything will appear normally.

November 18, 2019 - 6:15pm
Wynnn's picture
  james wrote:

We're getting a few lingering reports of issues with missing artwork in some case. It seems this is related to some of TheTVDb's CDN caches which may still need to update.

I'd give it a few hours (or maybe a day) and try refreshing the affected series, and hopefully everything will appear normally.

Is Infuse going to be using TVDB's new API or is it already using their new API? (Not sure if their API is versioned or not)

November 19, 2019 - 4:45pm
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 147

How does one refresh a series? Do you just re-select its match when choosing to edit metadata? I have a bunch of Russian-language posters for English shows.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime
  November 19, 2019 - 6:58pm
james's picture
Staff
  danemacmillan wrote:

How does one refresh a series? Do you just re-select its match when choosing to edit metadata? I have a bunch of Russian-language posters for English shows.

Yep.

1. Select an episode from a series
  2. Tap Edit
  3. Select the correct series name

Note: It looks like they are still working to get the artwork fix pushed out today, so it may not be live yet.

November 19, 2019 - 6:59pm
james's picture
Staff
  Wynnn wrote:

Is Infuse going to be using TVDB's new API or is it already using their new API? (Not sure if their API is versioned or not)

The new API is backwards compatible with the older APIs...at least for now.

We'll likely be moving to the new API at some point.

November 19, 2019 - 7:03pm
Wynnn's picture
  james wrote:

The new API is backwards compatible with the older APIs...at least for now.

We'll likely be moving to the new API at some point.

Do you know what's the benefit of their new API?

November 19, 2019 - 7:11pm
james's picture
Staff
  Wynnn wrote:

Do you know what's the benefit of their new API?

We haven't had a chance to dig into it yet, but I'm sure it's more modern, future proof, and easier to maintain...all good things.

As of now, all the APIs are accessing the same data, so there won't be much of a difference to the average user.

November 22, 2019 - 5:46am
Rogi's picture

Hi,

Also a new subscriber. Just want to tell i have also the exact same issue as described here.

November 22, 2019 - 8:54am
enterfornone's picture

The current state is that finally the English language is respected for the posters.
BUT we still have the generic poster for all seasons.
This is hard to be seen as a CDN/cashing issue, as the posters for the seasons are separate altogether. Probably this issue needs to be looked at?
It’s ok for a series with 1-2 seasons, but for 25+ the separate posters are a big deal

November 22, 2019 - 9:14am
james's picture
Staff
  enterfornone wrote:

The current state is that finally the English language is respected for the posters.
BUT we still have the generic poster for all seasons.
This is hard to be seen as a CDN/cashing issue, as the posters for the seasons are separate altogether. Probably this issue needs to be looked at?
It’s ok for a series with 1-2 seasons, but for 25+ the separate posters are a big deal

Can you provide an example or two of a series you are seeing this with?

November 22, 2019 - 9:19am
gggplaya's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12

Same problem here with nearly all series.

-The Last Ship
-Smallville
-Game of Thrones

for example.

November 22, 2019 - 9:41am
enterfornone's picture
  james wrote:

Can you provide an example or two of a series you are seeing this with?

Sure, here are pics, but that is for ALL series. I don't have a single one with separate posters per season like they used to be before the tvdb issue

Edit: I have no idea why the pics are upside down. They are ok on my laptop.

Attachments: 
  November 22, 2019 - 10:03am
MPicci89's picture

Same problem with TV Series season like Saint Seiya, also for The Mandalorian the poster is in Russian.

November 22, 2019 - 10:05am
gggplaya's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12
  MPicci89 wrote:

Same problem with TV Series season like Saint Seiya, also for The Mandalorian the poster is in Russian.

The Mandalorian russian poster is fixed for me. You may want to update it, as it seems the TVDB cache for that movie has cleared.

November 22, 2019 - 10:45am
MPicci89's picture

Ok, I've found the problem, for the metadata Italian the problem is still there (Russian poster), if I choose English metadata it's ok

November 22, 2019 - 10:53am
Rogi's picture

GOT, All seasons the same cover
X-Files, All seasons the same cover
Black Sails,
The Last Ship,
Hawaii five0, strange extra old episode listed

and more others.

Attachments: 
  November 23, 2019 - 1:54am
Skinch's picture

Stil got problems too with artworks on TV Shows

It seems that Infuse is picking the oldest artwork ... For example, for This is us season 3 it picks season 1, For Chicago Fire season 8 it picks season 1 ... etc ...
In fact all my shows have the oldest artwork displayed ...

November 23, 2019 - 8:00am
Skinch's picture

And for example still not getting the wide banners for some popular shows (picture joined)

A million little things still gets the spanish artwork.

This tvdb update is a real disaster !

Attachments: 
  November 23, 2019 - 9:12am
Fingerprint's picture

I also still have issues with TV shows.
When i try to manually edit the metadata of my TV shows, search results only provide movie titles, no shows...

Examples:
The pacific: only showing movie names with pacific in it
Death Note: only showing movies
The Walking Dead : only showing movies

November 23, 2019 - 9:47am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 385
  Fingerprint wrote:

I also still have issues with TV shows.
When i try to manually edit the metadata of my TV shows, search results only provide movie titles, no shows...

Examples:
The pacific: only showing movie names with pacific in it
Death Note: only showing movies
The Walking Dead : only showing movies

That may be due to how you have the file named. If you have a year right after the series name before the season and episode numbers it may not think it's a tv show and will only search themoviedb. Could you provide a sample of how you have each of those series files named?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

November 23, 2019 - 10:43am
Fingerprint's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

That may be due to how you have the file named. If you have a year right after the series name before the season and episode numbers it may not think it's a tv show and will only search themoviedb. Could you provide a sample of how you have each of those series files named?

Those series were missing the season (S0x) part in the filename. I renamed them and they show up properly now.
So i guess when the naming convention SxxExx is not found you can only search the movie db?
Thanks for your help!

November 24, 2019 - 4:35am
Skinch's picture

Added 2 new files to my library this morning (Chicago PD S07E08 and A Million Little Things S02E08) :
• No Wide banner (it stars blank with the dots) on recently added section of infuse
• No Banners on the home screen of the Apple TV
• Old seasons artwork

Please update on that issue !

November 24, 2019 - 6:39am
Bobsmo's picture
Kudos: 1

Almost every new episode added still has to be manually edited as of today. And the naming is the same as it was way before this all started.

November 24, 2019 - 6:50am
Skinch's picture

Yep, it's really problematic ...
But for me, even if i edit de metadata manually, it still doesn't provide de wide banners and I still keep the old artworks and not the one for the ongoing season.
Conclusion, it's far from being over !

November 24, 2019 - 11:34am
yatesfox's picture
Kudos: 6

On my TV Shows when I try to ‘edit metadata’ I always get a Nothing Found error 100% of the time. Almost like it’s not even trying to search the tvdb anymore. Any ideas?

Also, on some random TV Shows which previously had artwork it’s suddenly chosen a completely random poster to display. Which is both weird and annoying. So on about 3 TV Shows I now have the poster for Ren & Stimpy. Nothing against Ren & Stimpy like, but I don’t want that for the cover of another TV show! Again, any ideas?

November 24, 2019 - 11:53am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 385
  yatesfox wrote:

On my TV Shows when I try to ‘edit metadata’ I always get a Nothing Found error 100% of the time. Almost like it’s not even trying to search the tvdb anymore. Any ideas?

Also, on some random TV Shows which previously had artwork it’s suddenly chosen a completely random poster to display. Which is both weird and annoying. So on about 3 TV Shows I now have the poster for Ren & Stimpy. Nothing against Ren & Stimpy like, but I don’t want that for the cover of another TV show! Again, any ideas?

The search has been working flawlessly for me the last day or two. How do you have your files named?

The missing artwork is still plaguing me too though.

Do you by any chance have Use Embedded Metadata" enabled?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•