70 posts / 0 new / Last post
  December 3, 2019 - 5:16am
Rogi's picture
Kudos: 0

Indeedm still issues. All seasons of a show have the same cover.
Is infuse only dependent from tmdb?

Have also a Zappiti solution on Dune streamer, there I can scrape with IMDB for example.

December 3, 2019 - 9:48am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 383
  Rogi wrote:

Indeedm still issues. All seasons of a show have the same cover.
Is infuse only dependent from tmdb?

Have also a Zappiti solution on Dune streamer, there I can scrape with IMDB for example.

If you're having issues with metadata from tmdb you're having a different problem. This is all related to changes at thetvdb.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

December 3, 2019 - 10:07am
Rogi's picture

Where is infuse pulling the data from?

December 3, 2019 - 10:20am
yatesfox's picture
Kudos: 6

For tv shows - the tvdb

For movies - tmdb

December 3, 2019 - 10:29am
Rogi's picture

Ok thnx, i mixed things up. Issue is indeed only for tv series, so same issue as all others.

December 3, 2019 - 10:38am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,206
  Skinch wrote:

Infuse doesn’t speak about these issues anymore and the tvdb seems to struggle a lot for fixing things (look at this list of stuff which gets longer and longer each time it is updated : https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122...) so I don’t expect any improvements soon ...

We've been in contact with them, and they have been working actively to get the outstanding issues resolved. The list of known issues has gotten a bit longer, but the list of resolved issues is growing as well. Currently, it looks like the fix for season posters is going through their internal QA, so it should be available soon.

efthymis wrote:

Since I created this post, I just waited for things to sort out; they haven't. I still don't blame Infuse, and I enjoy their apps. Emphasis on their APPS, not the third-party services they rely on.

However, this makes me think that today's "as-is" free services cannot offer quality services anymore. Hell, even paid services from major companies are riddled with bugs. And to be honest, not even Plex was a smooth ride for me, since it also relied on several third-parties.

I'm sure many people work hard at sites like tvdb and other free services, and I have no right to demand anything from them.
So, for me it has become pointless to keep trying for certain things. Do I have my library on my NAS? Yes. Can I watch the episodes and movies I want? Yes. Thus, I'm done with artwork and metadata and stuff like that. Back to the old days where I just hit play and be done with it.

Yes, and no. In our experience, the infrastructure and APIs provided by TheTVDB have proven to be much more robust and more reliable than some of the big name metadata providers we've worked with in the past. TheTVDB was acquired by a larger company earlier this year, so I expect things will to continue to improve. The amount of active development over the past 2 weeks has been encouraging to see.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

December 5, 2019 - 2:04am
Skinch's picture

Thank you for the update James, they push an update last night, so I've delete my metadata database to check ... let's say it's not good ...
After that, I don't have specific seasons poster anymore ... So I had to take shows one by one and do the "edit manoeuvre" so that infuse was able to get the seasons poster back ... but not all are good (good doctor, the 100, etc...)

And on infuse home screen i still have the oldest banner available for some shows, for example on supergirl, it's the first one with the cast that looks so young ... or His Dark Materials that doesn't have a wide one at all ... For the Chicago franchise (Fire, PD, MD) it's the one with the original cast ...

December 6, 2019 - 10:01am
yatesfox's picture
Kudos: 6
  Skinch wrote:

Thank you for the update James, they push an update last night, so I've delete my metadata database to check ... let's say it's not good ...
After that, I don't have specific seasons poster anymore ... So I had to take shows one by one and do the "edit manoeuvre" so that infuse was able to get the seasons poster back ... but not all are good (good doctor, the 100, etc...)

And on infuse home screen i still have the oldest banner available for some shows, for example on supergirl, it's the first one with the cast that looks so young ... or His Dark Materials that doesn't have a wide one at all ... For the Chicago franchise (Fire, PD, MD) it's the one with the original cast ...

This is a long shot, but something I didn't try the first time round when I was having issues - but have you tried rebooting your AppleTV?

December 6, 2019 - 2:44pm
Skinch's picture

Yep I did.

For me it’s infuse that can’t get the right stuff from thetvdb or thetvdb that can’t give wgat infuse is asking for.