12 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 30, 2019 - 5:38pm
lozkin's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi guys - I love Cloud Streaming through infuse - I have an Apple TV in the main family room and we all have ipads that we use too - I have a 1tb One Drive account that I drop movies onto and it works like a dream.

I currently have a 20tb plex library on a NAS - made up of 4k / 1080p movies, TV series and photos and wondering whether it's possible to get a library of this size into the cloud and able to cloud stream via Infuse

Cloud storage offered to personal users seems to be limited to 1tb subscriptions, and whilst there seems to be workarounds for business storage accounts I'd be keen to see if anyone has actually uploaded their entire Plex library to the cloud and using Infuse to cloud stream it as required

Thanks

December 3, 2019 - 3:39pm
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 151

I’m not using Plex, but you would be totally fine streaming from libraries that exceed 20TB.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime
  December 3, 2019 - 4:13pm
lozkin's picture

Thanks - the problem is now finding the right cloud provider that is compatible with Infuse, allows me upload >50gb files and doesn't cost a fortune!

December 3, 2019 - 5:50pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 66

You're not going to find a cheap option. If you really want to stream from the cloud you might want to look at co-location with an ISP or hosting provider. You're basically connecting your NAS to their pipe. They look after the power and internet connection and you pay rent on any rack space used.

December 13, 2019 - 9:18am
airpoint's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 3

G Suite Business offers unlimited Google Drive storage if you pay 6 seats at least. Costs $12 per month per user on a 12 month plan. Find a couple of friends to share with and that's the best deal there is.

Why do you need cloud storage though? Why don't you connect your devices directly to your Plex library on the NAS? Much better in every sense!

December 17, 2019 - 1:27pm
simon_lefisch's picture
Kudos: 9
  airpoint wrote:

G Suite Business offers unlimited Google Drive storage if you pay 6 seats at least. Costs $12 per month per user on a 12 month plan. Find a couple of friends to share with and that's the best deal there is.

Why do you need cloud storage though? Why don't you connect your devices directly to your Plex library on the NAS? Much better in every sense!

Actually you dont need to have 6 users. I have only myself and currently have unlimited storage.

Local Server:
E5-2620v4 2.1Ghz
56GB RAM
2x 250GB SSD (RAID1, OS drive)
2x 4TB HDD (RAID 1, media drive)

VPS:
SSD Nodes (CentOS 7)
GSuite (media drive)

Clients:
2015 Shield TV (16GB)
Apple TV 4K
Fire TV (2nd gen)

December 18, 2019 - 4:22am
gertgerman's picture
Kudos: 6

Hi,

I use gdrive and stream fine from my plex library. Have files up to 80gb in size and no issues whatsoever. I have around 22tb on there at the moment.

December 18, 2019 - 5:14am
lozkin's picture

This sounds great, but surely the price for that much storage is very high?

December 18, 2019 - 7:45am
gertgerman's picture

no, I pay €12 a month for it. Then pay €17 a month for a vserver with a gbit line to upload the files.

December 18, 2019 - 8:35am
lozkin's picture

Hi - sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you get all that storage for 12 euro?

The list price is £9.99 for 1tb!

December 19, 2019 - 2:32am
gertgerman's picture

Hi,

I have it as part of group. A friend of mine signed up for a business account and five of us share the costs. Rumour has it, that the 1tb single user account isnt limited to 1tb as google doesnt enforce the limitation. I've heard this from a few people but have never seen it myself. Uploading my library took a while however as there is a 750gb daily upload limit.

December 19, 2019 - 2:39am
gertgerman's picture
  lozkin wrote:

Hi - sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you get all that storage for 12 euro?

The list price is £9.99 for 1tb!

If you would like to join the group I can always ask the account holder and he can add another member I'm sure. Think it's €12 per extra user so around £10 if you're interested? The drives are all separate so unless we share them specifically, the content can only be viewed by the user himself and we all have our own login details.