4 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 30, 2019 - 5:38pm
lozkin's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi guys - I love Cloud Streaming through infuse - I have an Apple TV in the main family room and we all have ipads that we use too - I have a 1tb One Drive account that I drop movies onto and it works like a dream.

I currently have a 20tb plex library on a NAS - made up of 4k / 1080p movies, TV series and photos and wondering whether it's possible to get a library of this size into the cloud and able to cloud stream via Infuse

Cloud storage offered to personal users seems to be limited to 1tb subscriptions, and whilst there seems to be workarounds for business storage accounts I'd be keen to see if anyone has actually uploaded their entire Plex library to the cloud and using Infuse to cloud stream it as required

Thanks

December 3, 2019 - 3:39pm
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 147

I’m not using Plex, but you would be totally fine streaming from libraries that exceed 20TB.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime
  December 3, 2019 - 4:13pm
lozkin's picture
Kudos: 0

Thanks - the problem is now finding the right cloud provider that is compatible with Infuse, allows me upload >50gb files and doesn't cost a fortune!

December 3, 2019 - 5:50pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 52

You're not going to find a cheap option. If you really want to stream from the cloud you might want to look at co-location with an ISP or hosting provider. You're basically connecting your NAS to their pipe. They look after the power and internet connection and you pay rent on any rack space used.