9 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  December 19, 2019 - 2:49am
gertgerman's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 25
Kudos: 6

Hi,

Has anyone else had this issue? For some reason the seasons for my TV shows always have the oldest season at the end so like 2, 3, 4, 5, 1. I’ve attached a few pictures to better show what I mean. Any ideas why it’s happening?

Thanks.

Attachments: 
  December 19, 2019 - 6:59am
NC Bullseye's picture
Moderator
Online
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 3,325
Kudos: 414

Does this happen on Infuse in tvOS also?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

  December 19, 2019 - 9:26am
yatesfox's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 74
Kudos: 8

The only time I ever see this happening is when the naming convention in the filenames is different in that one season than the rest of the seasons.

For example, even dots (.) can cause this.

Let's say you have Doctor Who season one filenames without dots like so:

Doctor Who S01E01 episode name.mkv
Doctor Who S01E02 episode name.mkv
Doctor Who S01E03 episode name.mkv
and so on...

But then all other seasons with dots (.) added in the filenames like so:

Doctor.Who.S02E01.episode.name.mkv
Doctor.Who.S02E02.episode.name.mkv
Doctor.Who.S02E03.episode.name.mkv
and so on...
Doctor.Who.S03E01.episode.name.mkv
Doctor.Who.S03E02.episode.name.mkv
Doctor.Who.S03E03.episode.name.mkv
and so on...

This can cause that issue to happen.

Might be worth checking that first to see if the filenames in those oddly ordered season numbers are different to the other seasons.

Let me know.

  December 20, 2019 - 12:51am
gertgerman's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 25
Kudos: 6
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Does this happen on Infuse in tvOS also?

Hi, yes also happens on tvOS

  December 20, 2019 - 12:52am
gertgerman's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 25
Kudos: 6
  yatesfox wrote:

The only time I ever see this happening is when the naming convention in the filenames is different in that one season than the rest of the seasons.

For example, even dots (.) can cause this.

Let's say you have Doctor Who season one filenames without dots like so:

Doctor Who S01E01 episode name.mkv
Doctor Who S01E02 episode name.mkv
Doctor Who S01E03 episode name.mkv
and so on...

But then all other seasons with dots (.) added in the filenames like so:

Doctor.Who.S02E01.episode.name.mkv
Doctor.Who.S02E02.episode.name.mkv
Doctor.Who.S02E03.episode.name.mkv
and so on...
Doctor.Who.S03E01.episode.name.mkv
Doctor.Who.S03E02.episode.name.mkv
Doctor.Who.S03E03.episode.name.mkv
and so on...

This can cause that issue to happen.

Might be worth checking that first to see if the filenames in those oddly ordered season numbers are different to the other seasons.

Let me know.

that's a possibility, I will check and get back. Thanks for that. Odd bug if it is the case.

  December 20, 2019 - 1:22am
gertgerman's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 25
Kudos: 6

@yatesfox it would appear you're right with the naming convention. Annoyingly seasons 9, 10, 11 have been named Doctor Who (2005).S09.E01 and season 7 Doctor Who (2005) S07.E01 so the full stop between the ) and S is whats causing the season to be put out of order. I wonder if this is something infuse can look into. Wont take long to correct but is a pain. Will be more careful in the future. thanks ofr your help guys.

  December 20, 2019 - 3:21am
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 276
Kudos: 151

You're ordering your libraries by date added instead of title. Done. Go to your settings and change this.

  • Infuse Pro Lifetime
  December 20, 2019 - 4:48am
gertgerman's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 25
Kudos: 6
  danemacmillan wrote:

You're ordering your libraries by date added instead of title. Done. Go to your settings and change this.

No I'm not. If that were the case they would still be in the correct order or reverse order depending on whether the newest or oldest added was set to be shown first. I resolved the issue. It was the naming causing the issue as explained above. Changed it and now all showing perfect.

  December 24, 2019 - 10:09am
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 276
Kudos: 151
  gertgerman wrote:

No I'm not. If that were the case they would still be in the correct order or reverse order depending on whether the newest or oldest added was set to be shown first. I resolved the issue. It was the naming causing the issue as explained above. Changed it and now all showing perfect.

Alright--glad you resolved it. It should be noted that Date Added does not guarantee the reverse order for seasons. I have plenty of shows where the seasons are unordered because they were not added chronologically, but sorting by title sorts them from 1 to 10, for example.

  • Infuse Pro Lifetime