11 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  December 30, 2019 - 1:21pm
zeyegffn's picture
Kudos: 17

Hey all!

I felt a little inspired after seeing xazac's post on a version of Infuse that more closely aligns with tvOS's design guidelines, so I though I'd throw my hat in the ring with a redesign of my own. I'm happy to field any questions as I go through this progress, but here are some current highlights:
- The favorites section has been moved to a Tab Bar. It defaults to Watch Now, Movies, TV Shows, Playlists, Search, and Settings, although these would be customizable.
- Movies and TV Shows have been given their own sections; each now has their respective filters persistently in the side bar. (That way you don't have to go back and forth between menus).
- The new play screen ups the visuals and adds some additional, scrollable info, similar to the stock Apple TV app.

Again, this is all a first draft so I'll be working on it in my free time. Feedback/criticism is always welcome!

Attachments: 
  December 30, 2019 - 11:07pm
Reaos's picture
Kudos: 1

Wow, this is impressive! I'd love to see an updated design similar to this. It's a small detail, but the little badges for 4K, HDR, and TrueHD look much better than the way Infuse handles these tags currently. I would prefer to hide the filters on the left side for a full view of all my movie/tv show posters, but I'm sure this could be toggled on or off in the settings. Overall, looks really good!

December 31, 2019 - 12:52pm
ztarbugz's picture
Kudos: 0

To be honest, this is the Infuse I would like to see on tvOS. I hope James and his great team will bring Infuse more closer to this.

January 2, 2020 - 2:19am
.javiervitorero's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 21

Impressive, awesome, wonderful, it would be great if Infuse was like that, without a doubt it would be the best player on Apple TV and surely Firecore managed to sell a lot more.

January 6, 2020 - 6:00pm
Sketchthis31's picture
Beta Tester

Love this! +1

January 8, 2020 - 4:42am
themilkman's picture
Kudos: 0

+1
I love the current Infuse Client, but I can most certainly get behind this as I love the new TVOS design.

January 14, 2020 - 5:17pm
zeyegffn's picture
Kudos: 17

Just wanted to drop some updated visuals! It's mostly just a handful of tweaks but I'm also working on implementing Reaos's request of a library sidebar toggle. Additionally, I've added three home screen modes: Standard (similar to what Infuse uses now), Theater (which mimics the Apple TV home screen), and Details (which borrows inspiration from both Standard and Theater mode.) Feedback/criticism is welcomed!

Attachments: 
  January 14, 2020 - 5:41pm
Sketchthis31's picture
Beta Tester
  zeyegffn wrote:

Just wanted to drop some updated visuals! It's mostly just a handful of tweaks but I'm also working on implementing Reaos's request of a library sidebar toggle. Additionally, I've added three home screen modes: Standard (similar to what Infuse uses now), Theater (which mimics the Apple TV home screen), and Details (which borrows inspiration from both Standard and Theater mode.) Feedback/criticism is welcomed!

Totally love this!

January 18, 2020 - 2:28pm
damdam's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 4

Great job! Love it.

+1

January 21, 2020 - 1:35pm
lyskamm's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 15

+1

It’s time for infuse, the best tvOS player, to be also the best looking one.

Time passes and now Infuse looks dated, definitely not in line with the tvOS 13 look and feel.

January 22, 2020 - 2:53am
Grifone1893's picture
Kudos: 1

+1
Looks amazing