36 posts / 0 new / Last post
  January 11, 2020 - 3:49pm
trenetics's picture
Kudos: 0
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Seems that getting metadata from thetvdb the last few days is like trying to start a grumpy tractor. Lots of cranking and the occasional pop and chug but there's signs of a comeback so hang in there. Wink

Reboot worked.. Smile Thanks!

January 11, 2020 - 4:02pm
Roger Weir's picture
Kudos: 3

Just throwing this in (BTW my problem with it not recognising MASH TV series is now solved), perhaps the developers could consider a more flexible approach to metadata matching in a future release. I find it’s current inflexibility one of the only drawbacks of an excellent product. Considering multiple providers and a more iterative solution to miss-matches along the lines of Plex could be the answer. Just my two pence worth.

January 11, 2020 - 11:44pm
magsol76's picture
Kudos: 0

Everything works for me again. These changes that tvdb did to their api, did they undo them and if so, can this problem occur again later on?

January 12, 2020 - 9:54am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 397
  magsol76 wrote:

Everything works for me again. These changes that tvdb did to their api, did they undo them and if so, can this problem occur again later on?

They appear to be in a pretty major revamp so I'm guessing that there will be glitches for a bit until they get it all settled in. Luckily, they seem to find the gremlins pretty quick (so far) and address them.

They are making some nice improvements and also improving their security so it's still a big benefit for us.

Also don't forget, with thetvdb changing things both in the web site, databases and the APIs that gives Firecore a moving target to hit with their implementation of the API so kudos to them for marksmanship. Just my personal opinion. Wink

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

January 13, 2020 - 7:57pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 397

An update, tonight 1-13-2020 I had a couple of series that had previously been identified that after sync showed up in Other on the ATV. They wouldn't find the correct show (or any show for that matter) when trying to do a metadata edit. I found that while the restart of the ATV would have probably solved it, the less invasive Force Quit of Infuse and restarting solved the issue also so that's a bit easier to do and as effective. (so far Wink )

I'm guessing that thetvdb is still wearing down erasers on their pencils doing maintenance.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•