I'm writing this not having watched any shows or movies with the new variable speed feature, but I am so pleased it's now available...congrats! But what I did do is go into Infuse on both my iPad and aTV to have a look at how it's implemented. Here's some suggestions on things I'd like to see added...
Editable list of speed presets
- I'm a simple bloke...and probably won't use most of the speeds there.
- It would be great if I could delete a few and then just have the ones I want...which would probably just be 0.5x, 1x, 1.3x (as default...I seem to like the results) and 2x.
- Why editable? Well, it helps with the following...
Tap to play or Press and hold to select speed
- I go into Infuse, navigate to the movie I want to watch.
- On an iPad, if I just tap the play icon/button, the movie plays at the default speed
- If I press and hold my finger down on the play icon, my list of speed presets pops up and I can decide which speed I want to watch the movie in
- On aTV, similar...I could press the play button on the remote and get my default speed.
- If I tap the glass touch surface (at the top of the remote) after I have moved to the play icon, I get the same thing...playback at the default speed
- If I hold down the glass touch surface after I have moved to the play icon, I get my pop-up list pf presets appear above the playback icon and can select the speed I want for that movie
Just a thought
Looking forward to trying out the new feature out!!