69 posts / 0 new / Last post
  February 26, 2020 - 4:00pm
Sperious's picture
Kudos: 1
  james wrote:

Thanks.

We'll take a look and see if we can find any clues.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Here’s another file, same issue: V0QGF

February 27, 2020 - 3:54pm
haggis's picture
Kudos: 0

I'm experiencing similar issues, but much more regular stutters (making it unwatchable), but only on some files. I'm running the latest version of Infuse pro 6 and tvOS.

February 28, 2020 - 6:25am
Sperious's picture
  haggis wrote:

I'm experiencing similar issues, but much more regular stutters (making it unwatchable), but only on some files. I'm running the latest version of Infuse pro 6 and tvOS.

I’m not sure which technical “level” you’re at but is your Apple TV outputting the same frame rate as the source material? If not, you will get more or less problems with stuttering depending on what frame rates are involved and how your TV deals with it.

February 28, 2020 - 4:10pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,285
  haggis wrote:

It sounds like this may be a different issue, and could be file-specific.

If you have a chance to upload a sample, we'd be happy to review it here.

http://upload.firecore.com

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

February 28, 2020 - 4:39pm
haggis's picture
  Sperious wrote:

I’m not sure which technical “level” you’re at but is your Apple TV outputting the same frame rate as the source material? If not, you will get more or less problems with stuttering depending on what frame rates are involved and how your TV deals with it.

My ATV4k is set to match the frame rate of the source file. I've got an Samgsung X75 series TV, not sure how to check if it can handle the frame rate. It works properly for 90% of files I've tried it on though.

March 1, 2020 - 6:24am
PhenixS1970's picture
Kudos: 2

I’m joining the micro stutters club. Same issue and settings as topic starter. Files are on a NAS and ethernet streaming to ATV 4K.

March 2, 2020 - 7:11am
Sperious's picture
  james wrote:

We'll take a look and see if we can find any clues.

Hello James,

Have you had the chance to take a look at this yet? The problem seems to come and go in intensity but it’s present on everything I watch. I’ve been a happy Infuse user for a long time but this is so annoying it’s ruining the enjoyment of watching whatever it is I’m watching. I really hope you’ll be able to replicate this and find a fix.

Thanks

March 2, 2020 - 1:00pm
Jasheeky's picture

I came here last week looking for any reports on an issue that seemed to have popped up out of nowhere after the 6.3.1 update. Setup it Apple TV 4k, synology NAS, playing 4k remuxes via SMB.. I restarted apple tv (pulled power cable),restarted NAS and the issue was present on any of the files i tried.

As mentioned here in this thread, i double checked and it ended up being user error! My global playback speed was somehow set to 0.95x speed. Whoops.

March 2, 2020 - 1:43pm
Sperious's picture

Mine is set to normal. However, I can’t even find a 0.95 setting. 0.75 is the step below Normal, and I think I would notice that kind of slow down.

March 2, 2020 - 1:47pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 420
  Sperious wrote:

Mine is set to normal. However, I can’t even find a 0.95 setting. 0.75 is the step below Normal, and I think I would notice that kind of slow down.

If you highlight playback speed in settings and then swipe left or right on the track pad you get .95 and tons of other options.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

March 2, 2020 - 1:49pm
Jasheeky's picture
  Sperious wrote:

So you can change your playback speed in the settings section of infuse home screen, or you can set it from each individual movie when you swipe down on remote.

To get to 0.95x you have to press the (-) button. You are correct, the preset speeds are 1, .75, .5, and .25x.
This is from iPhone, as I’m not in front of my aTV. Swipe left or right for aTV speeds.

Attachments: 
  March 2, 2020 - 1:53pm
Sperious's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

If you highlight playback speed in settings and then swipe left or right on the track pad you get .95 and tons of other options.

Oh, thanks! Had no idea. Are there more “hidden” settings like this? Guess I’ll have a look around.

March 2, 2020 - 1:54pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

I should also add that if you are playing a video and swipe down and select video you will also see a playback speed selection there and it's controlled the same way, either click on it and select one of the options or swipe on it repeatedly and you'll see other in between speed options.

If you're seeing strangeness in only certain videos you may want to check the playback speed here since it can be different from the global setting in the settings menu.

March 2, 2020 - 1:57pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  Sperious wrote:

Oh, thanks! Had no idea. Are there more “hidden” settings like this? Guess I’ll have a look around.

I think this may be changing in upcoming versions so it's not so hidden. It's shown in the upcoming features thread here https://firecore.com/forum/topic/13575

"Improved controls for custom playback speeds (tvOS)"

March 2, 2020 - 2:14pm
Sperious's picture

It seems to affect all files and I’ve checked the “in episode” speed settings and they’ve always been set to Normal.

James has invited me to the beta program so I’ll try downgrading the Infuse app version to see if that makes any difference. It’s just really hard work trying to find this stuttering since it is so inconsistent and I can’t look away from the screen at all in fear of missing it. Smile

March 5, 2020 - 2:40pm
Deschain's picture
Kudos: 17

I have started noticing EXACTLY the same problem as OP. Random micro stutter on all movies.

March 5, 2020 - 2:58pm
Sperious's picture
  Deschain wrote:

I have started noticing EXACTLY the same problem as OP. Random micro stutter on all movies.

Thank you. This is not an imagined issue but it’s probably hard to notice for most people. Not everyone is a videophile. It’s also easy to dismiss as something temporary. That’s what I did for a week or so, before realizing the problem is very real, and once seen can’t be unseen.

It takes away the joy of watching a good movie. I’m just looking for the next stutter.

I really hope there’ll be a fix for this. I am currently watching Netflix until next week but then I’ll do some more watching on previous versions of Infuse to see if the problem was recently introduced or not.

March 5, 2020 - 11:37pm
shinmcwall's picture

Same issue here as OP.

March 6, 2020 - 7:31am
PhenixS1970's picture

How do you downgrade to a previous build of Infuse Pro 6.3 on ATV 4K ? For now, I'm limited to Netflix streaming due to this issue.

March 6, 2020 - 10:04am
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 66
  PhenixS1970 wrote:

How do you downgrade to a previous build of Infuse Pro 6.3 on ATV 4K ? For now, I'm limited to Netflix streaming due to this issue.

Apple doesn’t let you do this for any app.

March 6, 2020 - 10:12am
Sperious's picture
  PhenixS1970 wrote:

I was allowed to join the Infuse Beta Program to be able to do this. The last four or five versions are possible to install using TestFlight on the Apple TV.

March 6, 2020 - 2:48pm
Eruanno's picture

I'd like to join the micro stuttering club as well!

I'm running the latest Infuse 6.3.1 (I'm on a 1-year subscription) and the latest version of tvOS on an Apple TV 4K, connected to a Sony X900E TV. I started noticing that the motion was "off" for Infuse, ran a comparison with Plex (free version), Apple TV+ and Netflix and it was definitely much more stuttery in comparison. The other two apps are way smoother with the same files. I've also noticed that Infuse might not respect the wireless audio sync introduced recently with Apple TV (where you can hold up your iPhone and the ATV4K plays some sounds and it tries to sync) perhaps because it's using Infuse's custom player instead of AVPlayer that Plex, ATV+ and Netflix seem to use, but perhaps this is just a side effect of the playback stuttering that it loses the lip sync. Not 100% sure on this.
The stuttering is also much worse if I turn off auto match frame rate. If I try to play something with TrueCinema on (where the TV grabs the 24p signal from a 60p signal) the stuttering becomes waaaay more noticeable whereas it's just kinda there a little bit if I make the Apple TV output 24p with auto match frame rate.

I tried reinstalling the app but no dice. I generated a code in the app, hoping it might help you guys out: HVF6Y (and hopefully my rambling comment can help you out as well?)

March 7, 2020 - 10:29am
Diego Zitzer's picture

Im having the same issue after the last update. It happends to all my files too.

My diag info code 2885P

March 7, 2020 - 12:07pm
NC Bullseye's picture

For all of those who are adding a "Me Too" and saying you are having the same problem please make sure you are talking about the same problem the original poster is having. Please read his post #30 https://firecore.com/comment/107450#comment-10... and preferably the whole thread where he describes the issues he's encountering. A single frame stutter a couple of times in a half hour show is not easy to see for the majority of folks so if you're seeing continuous stuttering or a different issue please start a new thread with that issue so we don't detract from the OP's problem and looking for a solution.

March 7, 2020 - 2:53pm
Eruanno's picture

@NC Bullseye: Oh shoot, perhaps my issue is indeed different. I'll look into creating a different post, sorry :<

March 9, 2020 - 7:08am
PhenixS1970's picture
  Sperious wrote:

I was allowed to join the Infuse Beta Program to be able to do this. The last four or five versions are possible to install using TestFlight on the Apple TV.

Thank you for the clarification.

March 9, 2020 - 7:09am
PhenixS1970's picture
  JarvisMeier wrote:

Apple doesn’t let you do this for any app.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

March 11, 2020 - 6:02am
PhenixS1970's picture

I installed Infuse 5 pro again and no problems at all with that release..

March 11, 2020 - 6:17am
Sperious's picture
  PhenixS1970 wrote:

I installed Infuse 5 pro again and no problems at all with that release..

That’s interesting. How often do you see the issue using Infuse 6?

March 11, 2020 - 6:25am
PhenixS1970's picture
  Sperious wrote:

That’s interesting. How often do you see the issue using Infuse 6?

When watching an mkv file of a tv show episode of 45 min, I would say about 3 or 4 times. I haven't tried any other file formats with Infuse 6 since the stutters appeared.