7 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  February 19, 2020 - 5:04pm
Iamadi's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi,

I’m having a problem with certain mp4 files where I am only able to watch from the beginning and can’t seek through the file. There are no thumbnails when I drag the position of the playhead and no matter where I drag to, the video just pops straight back to the beginning. Bizarrely, when resuming the video it plays from the last position as expected though.

The files were all ripped from BluRay at 1080p. Other files ripped using the same software/settings work just as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adi Smile

February 21, 2020 - 6:29am
Iamadi's picture

UPDATE: I've done some more testing and it behaves the same on TVOS as it does on iOS. Other players (eg VLC) are able to let you move to any point in the videos and playback without problems, so it's just an Infuse issue Frown

February 21, 2020 - 11:04am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,287

Is this affecting all files, or just a few?

Would you be able to upload a sample we could review here?

http://upload.firecore.com

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

February 22, 2020 - 3:58am
Iamadi's picture

Sample uploaded thanks Smile

February 24, 2020 - 6:18am
Iamadi's picture

Sorry - failed to answer your question from above. The problem only affects some files. I’ve a lot of files ripped by the same software (DVDFab) and the majority of them work just fine, so I’m not sure why others don’t. As mentioned the issue I’m having seems confined to Infuse and doesn’t affect VLC or FileBrowser for example.

February 28, 2020 - 4:29pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,287

We're looking into a few reports of this, and it seems to affect some files created in newer versions of DVDFab.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

February 28, 2020 - 4:36pm
Iamadi's picture

Thanks for the update Smile Hopefully something that can be sorted easily!