Inconsistencies around casting media to Nvidia Shield (from iPad)

Hi there,

So, first things first, I’m a noobie who has recently discovered Infuse and I’m half way through my paid trial.

One issue I’ve had during that trial is that I’ve been unable to cast some files to my Android TV Box. When I try, I get an error message saying that it’s “not available for this video type.” The thing is that there doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason around which files can or can’t be casted.

For example, I’ve ripped a TV Box set to put on my NAS. They’ve been ripped in the same manner, at the same time so all file types are the same and the audio has been encoded using the same format.

However, I can cast the first two episodes to my TV, but I won’t be able to cast the next three.

Is there any reason for this? Or, as a noobie, am I just doing something stupid?!

TIA!

Welcome to the forum!

I know that usually when you rip files everything stays the same for a group but it really sounds like there is a difference in some of the ones that won’t play. Would you mind running the files through ‘MediaInfo’ and reviewing the results to see if you can find a difference? If not, could you post the results of one of the problem files here?

MediaInfo is a free download available at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/