7 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  March 23, 2020 - 5:30am
Pmh's picture
Beta Tester
Pmh
Kudos: 2

Most problems with the artwork from tvdb or moviedb I could solve - but this one seems weird on a real different level:

It is about "The Avengers" from 1961 - I ripped a blu ray with season 5 - this is how I have it on my NAS:

Title "The Avengers_(1961)"

Episodes: "The Avengers_(1961)_S05_E01" etc even tried also "S5_E01" or "S05E01"

The artwork does not show, the series is not recognised as such - Infuse tells me that I have the correct title but discs instead of episodes:

The Avengers - Season 5 - Disc1

Please see the attachment - they are from the iOS version but it looks the same on TVOS.

Any hints what to try? A bug with tvdb? (but there online, everything looks normal...)

Does anybody have this series working with Infuse?

Attachments: 
  March 23, 2020 - 8:34am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 420

Do you have "Embedded Metadata" turned on?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

March 23, 2020 - 9:12am
Pmh's picture
Beta Tester
Pmh

No, was/is off. Why did you ask?

I now searched via "edit metadata" and it assigned it correctly - still I don't like the manual way as with a change it will loose this info again...

Samsung 78JU7500, Apple TV 4k, Sonos "5.1", Samsung K8500 UHD player (Wifi: Orbi)

March 23, 2020 - 9:16am
NC Bullseye's picture
  Pmh wrote:

No, was/is off. Why did you ask?

I now searched via "edit metadata" and it assigned it correctly - still I don't like the manual way as with a change it will loose this info again...

Your screen shot looked like it may have been displaying metadata that could have been embedded by the ripping program. It was just a thought. Also as long as you have iCloud sync turned on Infuse should keep the correction if you can find the correct series with an edit.

March 23, 2020 - 9:21am
NC Bullseye's picture

Also I don't think you need the year for the TV show. I believe that if you name the files "The Avengers S01E01.mkv" they would automatically find the correct metadata. I'm not where I can check right now but it looks like the year isn't necessary and may be causing the initial problem with a TV series.

March 23, 2020 - 10:01am
Pmh's picture
Beta Tester
Pmh

I had it before without year and changed to „with year“ as this helps in most cases.

Doesm makemkv add metadata?

Samsung 78JU7500, Apple TV 4k, Sonos "5.1", Samsung K8500 UHD player (Wifi: Orbi)

March 23, 2020 - 10:08am
NC Bullseye's picture
  Pmh wrote:

I had it before without year and changed to „with year“ as this helps in most cases.

Doesm makemkv add metadata?

I don't know about makemkv but Infuse will often determine if a video is a TV show and will search thetvdb by looking for the S0xE0x immediately after the show title while it will usually look in the movie database when a numerical year follows the title. Only a small minority of TV shows will require a numerical year after the series name and before the S0xE0x section.

Note, this is just my experience over the last few years.