2 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  September 29, 2010 - 10:32am
revsrtaylor's picture
Kudos: 0

One of the key things I want to do with atv flash is be able to watch show videos from Lifetime, Bravo, Food Network, etc.  I installed the flash plugin but still no video within the websites on the browser.  In digging a little, it's clear that you need to install something called 'coreaudiokit.framework' in order for the flash plugin to work (leaving aside the confusion of installing a plugin that won't work...) it turns out I still had my Tiger install disk!  So I found 'coreaudioSDK.pkg' on it, copied that to my desktop then ran it and installed the components on my USB flash drive.  Then I copied the folder 'coreaudiokit.framework' into the  /Library/Frameworks folder on my AppleTV via cyberduck.  Sadly, I had to leave before I could go check it out so now I'm dying to get home and fire it up and see if the browsers will play flash video now!

But in the meantime, does anyone have experience with getting flash video to work this way?  And have I done it correctly or is the .framework folder supposed to go somewhere else?

Thanks for your help!

Scott

September 29, 2010 - 11:47am
revsrtaylor's picture
Kudos: 0

Additional note:  I did find some more info and apparently, I'll need to move the folder to the 'Documents' folder...