26 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  December 2, 2010 - 3:58am
ahmedn.6601010's picture
Kudos: 0

using ATV G-2 with IOS 4.0 (never upgraded since i bought it). Everything went fine, the custom IPSW was created and i entered into the recovery mode. I got stuck with restoring the ATV and got the following msg "The device isn't eligible for this build". It looks like that i am not the only one having such problem. i tried by updating my Mac as well as the i Tunes and tried for another time, but it didn't work. I even tried another machine with no luck.

Later i tried the tiny Umbrella and it didn't work.

I am not really sure whether Apple, in the process of verifying the custom_restore.IPSW build, is blocking it due to modifications or not. I searched the web for hints on how to get around this error but with no luck as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Taha 

December 2, 2010 - 12:48pm
matthiasb.510147's picture

i have the same problem, but I updated to 4.1 a new days before. 

Any idea?

December 2, 2010 - 2:06pm
davidp.18654's picture

Ditto,

my appletv is 4.0 - never updated but itunes blocks the process as above. I will  not update to 4.1 as it interferes with HDMI to DVI output ( only get 480p with folks that have updated to 4.1). Will atv flash provide provision to change resolutions as version 4.1 does not give you that option. 

David

December 2, 2010 - 5:30pm
GusRocket's picture

Same problem here, ATV 4.0 and no jailbreak... I had to upgrade to 4.1 ... and now I cant jailbreak my ATV!

I paid for the beta and just cant use the software!! Very sad!!

December 2, 2010 - 9:44pm
Anon's picture

went out and purchased new unit which has 4.0 on it specifically so i could test aTVFlash. didn't want to play around with my current unit which has been updated. but even though straight out of the box with 4.0, had "The device isn't eligible for this build" issue as well... very disappointing cant test beta.

December 2, 2010 - 11:20pm
k.anderson3454's picture

What does jailbraking do to your iphone??

December 3, 2010 - 12:33am
ahmedn.6601010's picture
  ahmedn.6601010 wrote:

using ATV G-2 with IOS 4.0 (never upgraded since i bought it). Everything went fine, the custom IPSW was created and i entered into the recovery mode. I got stuck with restoring the ATV and got the following msg "The device isn't eligible for this build". It looks like that i am not the only one having such problem. i tried by updating my Mac as well as the i Tunes and tried for another time, but it didn't work. I even tried another machine with no luck.

I am not really sure whether Apple, in the process of verifying the custom_restore.IPSW build, is blocking it due to modifications or not. I searched the web for hints on how to get around this error but with no luck as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Taha 

I have been trying to resolve for the past 24 hours and nothing, tried different roots but still device not eligible for build. Any luck with anyone?

I sent couple of requests to firecore support as well and it seems from their replies that they r not aware of the issue, which is sad as well.

Taha

December 3, 2010 - 10:23am
Anon's picture

From having very similar issues to the IPHONE community I can tell you some of what they did to get around this.

There is a modification to the ITUNES that redirects it to not look at the apple servers for verification. Rather ITUNES will look at a different local file for a location that is not apple servers. Then the jailbreak works on the IPHONE.

I can not tell you more specifics as I have forgotten the method I went through. But the TINYUMBRELLA folks who developed the way to save the SHSH file had to make this happen, in order to save the SHSH file.

So I would start looking and reading and researching on the TINY UMBRELLA web site discussions.

December 3, 2010 - 10:50am (Reply to #8)
ekaz's picture

I starte a thread on this. I couldn't get tiny umbrella to save the SHSH file, but starting the TSS Server allowed me to use the ipsw pwnage tool created. Only problem now is that it gives me a 1600 error and my atv is stuck in DFU mode. Also, since tiny umbrella doesnt officially recognize my atv, it will not kick it out of DFU mode. I have a couple other ideas that I am working on

December 3, 2010 - 12:11pm (Reply to #9)
steve3's picture

Running iREB prior to attempting to restore in iTunes solved the 1600 error for me.

http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow

December 4, 2010 - 8:56am
animus_domini's picture
  ahmedn.6601010 wrote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Taha 

Same problem here...

December 4, 2010 - 9:02am (Reply to #11)
animus_domini's picture
  steve3 wrote:

Running iREB prior to attempting to restore in iTunes solved the 1600 error for me.

http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow

Did you restore the original or the custom firmware (jailbroken)?

December 4, 2010 - 9:45am (Reply to #12)
animus_domini's picture
  ekaz wrote:

I starte a thread on this. I couldn't get tiny umbrella to save the SHSH file...

Me too... My Apple TV is on iOS 4.0 (firmware 4.1), but I couldn't save the the SHSH for this firmware (8M89). TinyUmbrella only saved the SHSH to firmware 4.2 (8C150). I am noob on jailbreak. I don't know if it is normal, because apple is not signing the (8M89) anymore, or if is a bug on TinyUmbrella. Any ideas?

ekaz wrote:

...but starting the TSS Server allowed me to use the ipsw pwnage tool created. Only problem now is that it gives me a 1600 error and my atv is stuck in DFU mode. Also, since tiny umbrella doesnt officially recognize my atv, it will not kick it out of DFU mode. I have a couple other ideas that I am working on

Please, keep us up to date on your progress.

December 5, 2010 - 3:42am
martin d.43717's picture

same problem.... i changed the hosts file to block itunes activation server but it still does not work Frown

December 9, 2010 - 4:18am
techker's picture

Ok so this is what i did when t gave me that message 1600..or even 64..something like that

download this:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/4TMxHGt/AppleTV iOS4_1_Custom_ipsw.zip

(4.0.)

plug your atv and let itunes boot.

once that is done put your machine in dfu mode.

down arrow to reboot then menu+play for 6 seconds..

i can take a few tris..

so once it goes in dfu mode itunes will pop up from the background and you will see the restore button.

shift-restore(PC) or Alt-restore(mac)

get the custom ipsw and wait till it is done.if it doesnt work try again.it will trust me been there..

so once that is done dont unplugg it yet.i made shure it was really done when i used lime rain to finalize it.

http://www.limera1n.com

and voila.unplug and test out.

December 9, 2010 - 5:51am (Reply to #15)
steve3's picture

I installed a custom FW and am now jailbroken and running ATV Flash.  I had saved my SHSH as soon as I got the ATV.

The only caveat is that I think I had to create it in expert mode (using Sn0wbreeze) for it to work.  In expert I selected "Install SSH" and left everything else as defaults.  I am not sure why this would matter since I think that is all you are supposed to get in simple mode.

All of this was Windows based (somewhat obvious I guess) since I do not have a Mac.

December 9, 2010 - 8:35am (Reply to #16)
nesss01's picture
  michela.210069 wrote:

Ok so this is what i did when t gave me that message 1600..or even 64..something like that

download this:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/4TMxHGt/AppleTV iOS4_1_Custom_ipsw.zip

(4.0.)

plug your atv and let itunes boot.

once that is done put your machine in dfu mode.

down arrow to reboot then menu+play for 6 seconds..

i can take a few tris..

so once it goes in dfu mode itunes will pop up from the background and you will see the restore button.

shift-restore(PC) or Alt-restore(mac)

get the custom ipsw and wait till it is done.if it doesnt work try again.it will trust me been there..

so once that is done dont unplugg it yet.i made shure it was really done when i used lime rain to finalize it.

http://www.limera1n.com

and voila.unplug and test out.

Let me understand this: This worked now, with ATV 4.0 (firmware 4.1), without saved SHSH blobs, and gives you a jailbroken ATV 4.0?

How does it get around itunes wanting to verify the blobs with apple?

December 10, 2010 - 4:16am (Reply to #17)
techker's picture

its the same ipsw as itunes but with a custom twist.itunes sees it as a normal ipsw.

December 10, 2010 - 5:35am (Reply to #18)
MST08154711's picture

While this ist a 4.1 firmware from October, 20th it cant work actually.

The Problem is that Apple signed out FW4.1 last weeek, so its only possible to restore firmware 4.2.1.

There ist no jailbreak vor 4.2.1 right now.

So if you didnt have saved your SHSH before Apple signed out firmware 4.1 there ist no way to restore to any jailbroken fw at the moment.

MST

December 10, 2010 - 5:58am (Reply to #19)
techker's picture

it worked for me?it said 4.0 in the menu.but anyways you wont be able to do mutch..the rest is bugged out,,it gives errors when you try to install apps..

.deb error.

so wait..lol

December 10, 2010 - 6:15am (Reply to #20)
MST08154711's picture

It worked for you because

- you saved your SHSH Blobs before Apple signed FW 4.1 out

or

- youre Apple TV was already jailbroken before.

MST

December 11, 2010 - 5:37am (Reply to #21)
techker's picture

nope.

i re did it to make shure .i updated it with itunes .then restore with my ispw.works fine now!

December 13, 2010 - 5:08pm (Reply to #22)
alexisl.29288's picture

I don't want to flame but I don't understand how you keep saying that you made the jailbreak worked with that file. You will need to post a video or something 

and now you are saying you updated the ATV in itunes meaning you went to 4.2.1 and you were able to downgrade to a custom 4.1?

December 14, 2010 - 4:33pm (Reply to #23)
techker's picture

video?try it.you will see

and yes i just restored it with my ipsw. super simple.no complications

December 15, 2010 - 7:47am (Reply to #24)
jhines18's picture

I am having the same problem with 4.1

October 13, 2011 - 3:26am
skylab's picture

Is there anyway to roll-back the to pre-4.1? I'm really missing 1080p and am stuck on a DVI > HDMI cable. Rather buy a new Apple TV than a new monitor entirely.