16 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  January 11, 2011 - 3:44pm
kentm.7578's picture
Kudos: 0

when i jailbreak it, i plug it back into the tv, and then it shows the apple symbol, but then nothing, and the light on the Apple tv just blinks!!!

January 11, 2011 - 3:47pm
jasonw.2053's picture

Since it is a tethered boot you need to boot the AppleTV using Seas0nPass.

January 12, 2011 - 3:26pm (Reply to #2)
kentm.7578's picture

i did.  After i use the SeasOn pass i plug it back in to the tv to set up and the screen is blank and the device just blink steadily...

January 13, 2011 - 7:31pm (Reply to #3)
shahheidari's picture

I have the same issue, after jailbreak and boot tethered, it reboots and comes up to the apple symbol and the device just blinks.

Actually to be even more accurate, it never actually rebooted on its own (it just went to no signal).  I eventually uplugged and replugged the power then I got the apple logo and blinking....please help!!!

January 13, 2011 - 8:02pm (Reply to #4)
jeffr.54413's picture

I have the same problem

January 14, 2011 - 4:03am
pmcd's picture

Hmm ... jailbreak went fine ( took a few tries). Rebooted while connected to the Mac. Installed to TV. All fine. Then I installed atvflash and I rebooted and it's stuck at the Apple flashing. Any ideas?

philip

January 16, 2011 - 7:57am (Reply to #6)
SLS's picture
SLS

I have done the the JB and tether about six times now in a row and all with sucess. Try what i did...

Perform JB following the steps listed. After JB is finished "DO NOT" unplug USB

Click to start tether process. Once you get to the next screen plug in power to apple tv(USB should already be connected).

Immedately hold down the menu and play for 7 seconds. The apple TV should go from a fast blinking to a rapid blinking .

after 7 sec let go. You should be in DFU mode, and go throught the tethering process.

Once the tether is complete "DO NOT" unplug the power cable from the apple tv. Just remove the usb

Plug the HDMI back in to the apple tv

You should be all set at that point.  

January 17, 2011 - 10:42am
andyb.104751's picture

I have the same problem. I try now, has long been able to strike up a the jailbreak and the ATVblack.dmg.  :) It works so long before I even take the power away or turn to sleep. Then will not start my AppleTV.  :( The AppleTV will run only until the Apple logo and stops. The light flashes slowly. If I perform then boot a new tethered, then it goes back to the AppleTV ATVblack and all apps. But I can not always make a new tethered boot when I want to turn my AppleTV. What can I do? Thanks for the help!

January 18, 2011 - 12:41am (Reply to #8)
pmcd's picture
  soto3330 wrote:

I have done the the JB and tether about six times now in a row and all with sucess. Try what i did...

Perform JB following the steps listed. After JB is finished "DO NOT" unplug USB

Click to start tether process. Once you get to the next screen plug in power to apple tv(USB should already be connected).

Immedately hold down the menu and play for 7 seconds. The apple TV should go from a fast blinking to a rapid blinking .

after 7 sec let go. You should be in DFU mode, and go throught the tethering process.

Once the tether is complete "DO NOT" unplug the power cable from the apple tv. Just remove the usb

Plug the HDMI back in to the apple tv

You should be all set at that point.  

Hmm ... didn't try this version. I couldn't not get it into DFU mode until I unplugged the power and then plugged it back in. Can SeasonPass be used to tether boot an ATV that has been jailbroken using another method?

philip

January 18, 2011 - 2:34am (Reply to #9)
SLS's picture
SLS

I honestly dont know. I have never tried. It would seem logically possible... 

January 18, 2011 - 7:25am
joser.0309's picture

I have the same problem, i plug it back into the tv, and then it shows the apple symbol, but then nothing and if i run

Seas0nPass the thetehring mode again works perfect ........... plese help

January 18, 2011 - 9:46am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,113

Please ensure you're using the latest Beta2 of aTV Flash (black). Beta1 is not compatible with the latest AppleTV software.

You can download the latest version of aTV Flash (black) through the Downloads tab in your account.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

January 19, 2011 - 12:04pm (Reply to #12)
andyb.104751's picture
  james wrote:

Please ensure you're using the latest Beta2 of aTV Flash (black). Beta1 is not compatible with the latest AppleTV software.

You can download the latest version of aTV Flash (black) through the Downloads tab in your account.

Just after this tutorial I've done it. Jailbreak the latest, newest aTV Flash (black)and nothing works. I downloaded everything from my account. 

It works so long before I even take the power away or turn to sleep. Then will not start my AppleTV.  :( The AppleTV will run only until the Apple logo and stops. The light flashes slowly. If I perform then boot a new tethered, then it goes back to the AppleTV ATVblack and all apps. But I can not always make a new tethered boot when I want to turn my AppleTV. What can I do?

January 20, 2011 - 5:53pm (Reply to #13)
edenc's picture

Keep getting "Installation Failed.  Sorry, the installer could not connect to your AppleTV. Help! "  error message.

I've done the JB serveral times.  Evertime I do the aTV Flash (black) installation, I keep getting the above message after following the following instructions:

Pre-install checklist

1. Jailbreak the AppleTV - more info here.

2. The AppleTV must be connected to your TV, and your network (the 'Top Movies' option under 'Movies' should be visible).

3. Home Sharing and AirPlay must both be enabled.

Run the installer - Mac

Step 1: Download aTV Flash (black) from your account.

Step 2: Open the DMG and drag the application to your Applications folder.

Emanuel Ealy

January 23, 2011 - 7:33am (Reply to #14)
emanuell.6871's picture

Hello all....from my side....I have the same problems and issues.......works perfects but just until you unplug the Apple TV....then you have your apple on the start screen and the blinking light. By the way if you leave your Apple TV there you will see that will keep doing reboot every ~ 5 minutes....

Any news to fix this...

Regards

February 12, 2011 - 1:45pm
kru's picture
kru

Same problem for me.  Jailbreak and tethered boot work fine, but after installing beta 2 for aTV black I get stuck on the apple logo.  Have re-tried several times but can't get past it.