48 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  January 12, 2011 - 12:04pm
Bluntman's picture
Kudos: 0

Ok so I have it all jailbroken with Seas0npass and running great but with one major problem. Plex server loads up fine and I have full menus down to the song, movie, app, but when I go to load the content to just doesn't load. It does nothing, I can continue to scroll up and down through the content but it will not load it, just makes the beep sound when I click on it and does nothing. I have tried reinstalling, rejailbreaking, I am about to try Plex 8 and see if that works. 

Any ideas?

January 12, 2011 - 12:24pm
Djchino3's picture

i had that same issue on 4.0 with the first ATV flash black beta that was released. It wasn't until I jailbroke on 4.2.1 and installed PLEX via ssh manually. That was the only way I could get any movie to actually play.

January 12, 2011 - 12:49pm (Reply to #2)
Bluntman's picture

I have found a way to install plex though the Apple TV root via Terminal but that gives me the same problem. How is it done via ssh? Also when I try and load content on my network drive it gives me a "An error occurred loading this content". 

January 14, 2011 - 8:01pm
danielo.4387's picture

can plex play iso, img and video_ts on the apple tv from my macbook?? if so how is it done??

January 14, 2011 - 9:08pm
nickm.6643's picture

I'm running plex on mine, Seeems to work fine except you can't rewind to fast forward.

Also note don't pause for long because the buffering stops and you have to start again, Theres also no resume from function yet.

Just an FYI Smile

January 14, 2011 - 9:33pm (Reply to #5)
danielo.4387's picture

[quote=danielo.4387]

can plex play iso, img and video_ts on the apple tv from my macbook?? if so how is it done??

January 14, 2011 - 9:33pm (Reply to #6)
danielo.4387's picture
  nickm.6643 wrote:

I'm running plex on mine, Seeems to work fine except you can't rewind to fast forward.

Also note don't pause for long because the buffering stops and you have to start again, Theres also no resume from function yet.

Just an FYI Smile

with the file types I listed??

January 15, 2011 - 12:55am (Reply to #7)
jhernandez86's picture

Version 6.4 has bettersupport for applications

January 15, 2011 - 9:38am
shaunc.9875's picture

When I go to PLEX ONLINE and go to VIDEO PLUG INS: on ATV2, I just get the word PLEX and the subscribed apps do not appear....any suggestions?  Oh yes, I can't FF or RWD either.  Lastly, may avi I have stop mid-show with an error message....errr !

February 18, 2011 - 10:42am
abriels's picture

Bluntman, I have had the same issue with no resolve.  Have you solved the problem?  or has anyone else found a solution to Bluntman's problem??

Thanks!!

February 26, 2011 - 11:48pm
bobbyco57's picture

I have exactly the same problem as the original post from Bluntman. Menus to the file level, even correct thumbnails and cover art for albums but nothing plays. I just get the plex logo. No spinning gear, progress bar. most of all - no content!

February 27, 2011 - 10:15am
mikef.9786's picture

im having issues as well, movie posters show up fine, but I get the "error occurred loading content.  Same thing w/ the video plugins, such as apple movie trailers, etc..

February 27, 2011 - 2:05pm
WyldKard's picture

Having the same problem - can see all videos but none of them play, regardless of format. Have tried installing and renstalling Plex.

April 7, 2011 - 4:35am
elie06's picture

Same issue here !

First time i used pwnage tools and plex was working just fine... but Media Player rebboted every time i tried to play something.

Second time : I used Seas0npass and now Media Player does work... but plex doesn't pplay anymore !

Any help ?

Regards,

Elie

April 7, 2011 - 3:47pm
purvesht.8782's picture

Can we play .VOB  files on plex? soem how when i update my library index, it doesnt catch .VOB files. any suggestion?

July 24, 2011 - 7:13am
jimmillington's picture

Same problem - any solution?

August 11, 2011 - 5:28pm
craigw.0324's picture

Seems like LOADS of us can't get the movies/videos to play. Exactly same problem here! Frown

August 20, 2011 - 2:08pm
hjvaz9600's picture

I had the same issues with either not playing or it would error out once the video started playing. What I found was that if I lowered the resolution in plex and the sound option for AC3 and DTS are set at disabled the file will play just fine. I set the resolution to the highest 720p setting or the lowest 1080p setting it will play the file with no real problems.

August 20, 2011 - 11:21pm
Jason W's picture

Same issue happening here. All thumbnails and data are there, but it wont load the video. It was working for a few months after the Jailbreak, but all of a sudden, it's stopped working. Tried changing the video resoluton, but same result. Tried updating Plex, both on ATV and on my PC, but no go. It just continually tried to load with no error message. Can anyone help?

November 18, 2011 - 8:04am
jt6572's picture

i have tried a few times to update plex (0.7.1, 0.8.1 and 0.8.3) and the plex menu always disappears. i have given up and just downgraded it back to 0.6.4 - it works well and i never have any issues, so i will just leave the updating again for a while.

if you need any help downgrading to 6.4 i have saved a text file with the necessary commands. its a bit of a collage (mostly from Bobben - plex guru) so i hope it helps...main thing is the 6.4 downgrade bold and underlined... if you already have the plex client installed, you should only need the last 2 lines of the following, so just paste them into terminal:

Install instructions:
echo "deb http://www.ambertation.de ./downloads/PLEX/" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plex.list
apt-get update
apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin

Downgrade instructions:
If you have any problems with this version, you can easily downgrade using

apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.7.1

Downgrading the Plugin
If you ever experience a problem with an updated version, you can always go back. For the sake of this example we assume that you want to go back to version 0.6.4. Her is how that would work:
    1.    Start your ATV and log in to your ATV using ssh
    ◦    ssh root@apple-tv.local.
    2.    In that ssh session enter
    ◦    apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.6.4
On ATV 4.0 you may need to run for the changes to take effect.
killall AppleTV

apt-get remove com.plex.client-plugin
apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.6.4

December 31, 2011 - 7:09am
CrashHouse's picture

For people running the latest firmware 4.4.4 try Plex 0.9.0.0 beta 4 works great.
[url=http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/3402... for ATV2 Beta 4[/url]

December 31, 2011 - 12:54pm
jaredm.4004's picture

i did this

Instructions how to get PLEX (0.90 beta 4) on a Jailbreaked Apple TV 2 (4.4.4):

Be sure your Apple TV2 is on

1) Start Terminal on your iMac
2) Type: ssh

root@apple-tv.local

3) Type: alpine (the password)
4) Type: echo "deb http://www.ambertation.de ./downloads/PLEX/" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plex.list
5) Type: apt-get remove com.plex.client-plugin
6) Type: apt-get update
7) Type: apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.0.9.0.0-312c11b0

Now your Apple TV2 should reset and when its starters there is PLEX.

(hint: you can also copy => paste the lines in terminal)

suc6

iFred

www.ifred.nl

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:133:]]

January 1, 2012 - 10:45am (Reply to #22)
jt6572's picture
  CrashHouse wrote:

For people running the latest firmware 4.4.4 try Plex 0.9.0.0 beta 4 works great.
[url=http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/3402... for ATV2 Beta 4[/url]

thanks crash and fred,

one thing i am wondering is about having surround sound via my atv: will i have to update the apple firmware version to achieve this, ie; get 4.4.4?

my atv is jb'ed but i am unsure about the 4.4.4? is this latest flash or apple version? and how do i find this info? id love to update my plex to 9 beta, but dont want to go through jbing again if i can avoid it...

thank you,

jt

January 1, 2012 - 11:16am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 112

You can get the Apple firmware version under Settings. I think it is the General->About option, but I am not near my ATV2 to check.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

January 1, 2012 - 2:42pm (Reply to #24)
CrashHouse's picture
  jt6572 wrote:

thanks crash and fred,

one thing i am wondering is about having surround sound via my atv: will i have to update the apple firmware version to achieve this, ie; get 4.4.4?

my atv is jb'ed but i am unsure about the 4.4.4? is this latest flash or apple version? and how do i find this info? id love to update my plex to 9 beta, but dont want to go through jbing again if i can avoid it...

thank you,

jt

The seas0npass jb will update the firmware to the latest version. I don't use DTS or 5.1 or whatever, so can't help you with that part.

January 1, 2012 - 11:00pm
jt6572's picture

hi guys, thanks very much for your help.

it is running atv flash 1.1.1 so i think that is the latest version, however when i find out the apple firmware it is 4.3, but says the software is up to date when i try to update it.

anyway, i will just re seasonpass it...

thanks very much for all your help. have an awesome 2012! Cool

January 1, 2012 - 11:27pm (Reply to #26)
jt6572's picture
  CrashHouse wrote:

The seas0npass jb will update the firmware to the latest version. I don't use DTS or 5.1 or whatever, so can't help you with that part.

thanks so much crashhouse and jared,

i havent played around with my atv for a while - i have been waiting until i could get plex to update well!

yay! i now have plex 9!! i is very happy camper now. Grin

all hail firecore! Wink

January 2, 2012 - 2:59pm
janspj's picture

I have updated mu aptv2 to 4.4.4 but I seems not to get access to aptv2 through the terminal. I get the following when writing ssh root@ip adress

Pls help, i need plex. I thought this beta was included in 1.1.1!!!??? Or is atv flash changing the login?!

Thanks

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
0c:3a:bb:3c:3b:f6:f5:06:68:60:f7:d3:db:8b:96:8b.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /Users/JanMacAir/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /Users/JanMacAir/.ssh/known_hosts:1
RSA host key for 192.168.0.176 has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.

January 2, 2012 - 10:17pm
greggoff's picture

Copy and paste this into terminal. Works for me everytime.

rm -f ~/.ssh/known_hosts

January 3, 2012 - 2:46am (Reply to #29)
jt6572's picture
  janspj wrote:

I have updated mu aptv2 to 4.4.4 but I seems not to get access to aptv2 through the terminal. I get the following when writing ssh root@ip adress

Pls help, i need plex. I thought this beta was included in 1.1.1!!!??? Or is atv flash changing the login?!

Thanks

@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
0c:3a:bb:3c:3b:f6:f5:06:68:60:f7:d3:db:8b:96:8b.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /Users/JanMacAir/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /Users/JanMacAir/.ssh/known_hosts:1
RSA host key for 192.168.0.176 has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.

hi janspj,

i am certain i had this issue once before as well and was able to quickly resolve it via a google search. dont worry about it - it wont be something like someone trying to hack into your atv...

just ignore it and rejailbreak it. if it persists, then google it.

the seasonpass jailbreak (ie, latest version for atv black 1.1.1) will also include the APPLE firmware 4.4.4. this is the tethered jailbreak (i had to have it tethered in any case).

if you follow the steps outlined in the earlier thread by jaredm you will be fine for installing the plex client. one thing however, is that i have never used the IP address for the atv. i suggest using "ssh root@apple-tv.local" as jaredm says instead, and then "alpine" as the password.

it is widely recommended you change the password, as half the world knows its default is alpine.... just make sure it is something you will always remember!

so. jailbreak using latest seasonpass, then use terminal (or whatever it is on pc.. run something?) to install the latest plex client.

keep us posted and good luck!

jeff

ps: plex client 9 is HEAPS better than the old 6 i was using. thanks again to all for your help. Smile

January 3, 2012 - 3:04am (Reply to #30)
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 112
  jt6572 wrote:

the seasonpass jailbreak (ie, latest version for atv black 1.1.1) will also include the APPLE firmware 4.4.4. this is the tethered jailbreak (i had to have it tethered in any case).

The latest SeasonPass supports an untethered jailbreak of the 4.4.4 firmware.  Now that is available I cannot see why you need/want a tethered jailbreak?

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE