Here are a couple of extra steps that I had to do get this thing finally running on my aTV (black).
NOTE: PLEASE BE NEAR THE TV BECAUSE ONCE YOU DO THE JAILBREAK AND TETHER BOOT IF YOU ARE NOT NEAR THE TV YOU WILL HAVE TO DISCONNECT POWER AND DO THE TETHER BOOT AGAIN!
1. Seass0nPass gave me trouble putting the aTV into DFU mode. What I did was:
-Leave Seass0Pass open in the "waiting for dfu mode" screen
-Disconnected the aTV from the computer.
-Connected USB to aTV and Computer
-Connected Power to aTV
-iTunes recognized the aTV
-Unplug Power from aTV
-Press Menu and DOWN button for 6 seconds
-Press Menu and Play/Pause for 7 seconds
Here finally Seass0nPass recognized aTV in DFU mode and did the Jailbreak.
2. Failed to Tether Boot
Same as above
3. NOW YOU FINALLY GOT IT TO TEATHER BOOT WAIT!!!! DON'T DISCONNECT POWER CABLE
-disconnect usb cable from computer and aTV and connect HDMI to aTV and TV
-Set WIFI, HOME SHARING to ON and Airplay to ON
4. Installing aTV Flash
- Computer did the installation but didn't reboot the aTV.
- Normal Tether Boot didn't work for me following the step by step instructions so I had to do it the same way as above.
5. "Waiting for Network time" after installing aTV Flash and doing the tether reboot
-This happens because it is not connected to the network.
-Press Menu and go to settings and re-enter network settings
I think this is it for now. This Jailbreak and aTV Flash installation is painful but kind of fun.