596 posts / 0 new / Last post
  May 19, 2012 - 12:25am
tvphan2609's picture
Kudos: 0

Please help me to RIP and wait for nex version of Sea0npass.

I have tried all the tricks/tips to JB my Atv for many days now no no avail.

I finally do a shift + restore in itune and open the "AppleTV2,1_5.0_9B206f_SP_Restore.ipsw" and have this promt

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:205:]]

Does it mean that my ATV can not JB with the current Seas0npass.

By the way my ATV's detail is :

MD 199X/A

MODEL A1427

SOFWARE 5.0.1 (4224)

Your help is much appreciated

Regards

May 19, 2012 - 12:27am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 111

Sounds like you may have an ATV3 (see my sig).

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

May 19, 2012 - 12:31am (Reply to #303)
tvphan2609's picture

Thanks

May 24, 2012 - 12:46am
kgbush's picture

I can't get SeasonPass to run.  Getting a message that .Net Framework needs to be loaded first.  Running Win 7 32 bit.

May 25, 2012 - 10:17am
hedger04's picture

I just updated to the unteathered jb of my aptv2.  Things went well.  (I did have to plug in power cord to get into dfu, but no biggie) I ssh and got nitoTv installed.  I tried to install XBMC from ssh as well.  When it reboots there is a space for icon screen with XBMC under it.  When I click that I can get to screen for XBMC but when i click that it tries to load but kicks be back out to main aptv screen.  I tried to uninstall and reinstall no better.

Thoughts?  I had it working in the teathered version before.

Just noticed that the firecore logo is no longer on settings.  Is this a problem?  i

Thanks for a great service!

May 25, 2012 - 10:21am
itimpi's picture

The FireCore logo appears immediately after a successful jailbreak, but disappears when you install apps.

May 25, 2012 - 11:31am
adrianw.6946's picture

Great work!

Seas0nPass update worked first time and re-installation of aTV 1.51 a breeze. I've been able to install Couch Surfer Pro and Plex but couldn't install Media Player. It's handy having this and Plex as I use Media Player to stream films from my Mac mini and Plex to stream from my NAS.

Will keep trying the Media Player installation but an e-mail to confirm it's fixed would be great.

Thanks again and keep up the good work. Will buy an aTV3 (for 1080p!) once there's an untethered version...

May 25, 2012 - 11:54am (Reply to #308)
matty's picture
  adrianw.6946 wrote:

Great work!

Seas0nPass update worked first time and re-installation of aTV 1.51 a breeze. I've been able to install Couch Surfer Pro and Plex but couldn't install Media Player. It's handy having this and Plex as I use Media Player to stream films from my Mac mini and Plex to stream from my NAS.

Will keep trying the Media Player installation but an e-mail to confirm it's fixed would be great.

Thanks again and keep up the good work. Will buy an aTV3 (for 1080p!) once there's an untethered version...

People are claiming that core.firecore.libapnclient doesn't properly install and turning the Apple TV off for 10 minutes resolves it... not sure how but worth a shot.

May 25, 2012 - 12:24pm
seavercm's picture

I'm using Windows 7 and seem to be getting stuck on restore IPSW screen. It begins the usual process and eventually just slows down and progress just stops. I've stopped, started, reinstalled Seas0nPass, rebooted...tried everything. I've done this plenty of times before so it's not like I'm new. It's very strange. Any suggestions?

May 25, 2012 - 12:32pm (Reply to #310)
matty's picture
  seavercm wrote:

I'm using Windows 7 and seem to be getting stuck on restore IPSW screen. It begins the usual process and eventually just slows down and progress just stops. I've stopped, started, reinstalled Seas0nPass, rebooted...tried everything. I've done this plenty of times before so it's not like I'm new. It's very strange. Any suggestions?

Do you have the SP IPSW located in your Documents\Seas0nPass folder? If so download iREB (from http://ih8sn0w.com) and connect your device and put it into DFU mode and then use iREB to enter PwnDFU. Open iTunes and hold Shift and click Restore and select the 5.1.1 SP IPSW to restore.

May 25, 2012 - 1:13pm
andreasd.9416's picture

works without problems, thanks! Smile

May 25, 2012 - 2:00pm
duhaas's picture

Thoughts of suggestion, have version 2, keep getting:

Apple TV Could not be restores, unknown error occured (1604)  have tried it with and without power attached.

May 25, 2012 - 2:36pm
thomasgreen's picture

Do i need to update the ATV2 before i use saisonpass?

Cause i tried it and my ATV didn't started to flash. so it is not possible to set it on dfu mode!

May 25, 2012 - 3:30pm (Reply to #314)
kevinmscs's picture
  thomasg.7661 wrote:

Do i need to update the ATV2 before i use saisonpass?

Cause i tried it and my ATV didn't started to flash. so it is not possible to set it on dfu mode!

Common issue. Its the power not supplied enough via micro USB. Try to plug in power cord, once its flashing, remove power cord, then press 2 buttons for 7 seconds, continue....

ATV2 Untethered JB 4.4.4 Living room
ATV2 Untethered JB 4.4.4 Bed room
ATV2 Untethered JB 5.0.1 Office room

May 25, 2012 - 3:50pm
abdelakhiat's picture

Jailbreak works fine. But atv flash 1.5 does not!! It says no connection possible due to internet connection failure or old version.

I have 1.5 and there is definatly a connection to internet.

HELP PLEASE!!

May 25, 2012 - 4:00pm
Kiint's picture

Due to the released Jailbreak, as you can imagine all the jailbreak repositories (the places to get the software from) are all under heavy load, especially zodttd which is causing apt timeouts all over the place (which causes ATV Flash to fail etc).

Unfortunately its a case of being patient, or if you know what your doing with apt removing the offending repositories and redoing things. 

May 25, 2012 - 5:00pm
jan philippd.8874's picture

Hello guys,

does anyone else stuck within "Restoring in iTunes. Please whait while script is running" ?? I really do need help!

Thank you 

JP

May 25, 2012 - 9:24pm
mail42's picture

Also stuck in itunes restore wait for script to end

May 26, 2012 - 12:18am
defry's picture

I have problem again Grin

after I thetered my apple tv is working fine but after I restart apple tv, my apple tv just show itunes logo in my TV

what I should do?

May 26, 2012 - 3:21am (Reply to #320)
itimpi's picture
  defry wrote:

I have problem again Grin

after I thetered my apple tv is working fine but after I restart apple tv, my apple tv just show itunes logo in my TV

what I should do?

Have you redone the jailbreak with the new version of SeasonPass that was released yesterday? If not you will still have a tethered jailbreak so this would be expected behaviour.

May 26, 2012 - 7:19am
tkaser's picture

Not sure if this has been covered, but this is something I have found to be a problem. After using seasonpass from day one I forget to move the file created after jailbreaking. Then when there is an update due to iOS update I try again but IT FINDS THE OLD CREATED FILE! You have to move or delete the previous file. Because it has been so long since I've done this it took me several hours and 1 PC & 1 Mac before I figured it out! Hope this helps someone.

May 26, 2012 - 8:14am
arman258's picture

Hi

i jailbroke  my Apple TV 2 with Seas0nPass and it worked fine without any errors.

But now i have a problem, i cannot ssh. I tried several times with PC (Putty) and also with Mac (Terminal),  but in both say Connection Time Out.

What should i do? 

Any solutions ?

May 26, 2012 - 11:37am (Reply to #323)
adrianw.6946's picture
  matty wrote:

People are claiming that core.firecore.libapnclient doesn't properly install and turning the Apple TV off for 10 minutes resolves it... not sure how but worth a shot.

Gave that a try and it looked good as I got the Installing Media Player with a spinning star (previously just got an error message) but it didn't actually load, and just kept spinning until I powered it off.  

May 27, 2012 - 9:38pm
jaltmyer's picture

I'm having restore issues. Not sure, but I think seasonpass is creating and IPSW for 5.0 and not 5.0.1. Any help ? I'm on a Mac. Latest updates on iTunes, FC, and atv2. Thanks.

May 27, 2012 - 10:02pm (Reply to #325)
itimpi's picture
  jaltmyer wrote:

I'm having restore issues. Not sure, but I think seasonpass is creating and IPSW for 5.0 and not 5.0.1. Any help ? I'm on a Mac. Latest updates on iTunes, FC, and atv2. Thanks.

If that is happening it would suggest that you have not got the latest SeasonPass

May 27, 2012 - 10:05pm (Reply to #326)
jaltmyer's picture
  itimpi wrote:

If that is happening it would suggest that you have not got the latest SeasonPass

Thanks, is AppleTV2,1_5.0_9B206f the correct one for 5.0.1? Any ideas on why I could be getting that "not eligible message?"It's definetly an ATV2 and has all of the updates....

May 28, 2012 - 4:01am (Reply to #327)
dbembibre's picture
  jaltmyer wrote:

Thanks, is AppleTV2,1_5.0_9B206f the correct one for 5.0.1? Any ideas on why I could be getting that "not eligible message?"It's definetly an ATV2 and has all of the updates....

I have similar problems, i have a Apple TV2 with a serial number of an Apple TV2, each time that i try to do a JB i receive the "not eligible message" if itry to restore with a Apple TV3 firmware all work ok. How is possible have a device with the TV2 serial number but to be a TV3 ??

Thanks

May 28, 2012 - 5:51am (Reply to #328)
danielr.5696's picture
  adrianw.6946 wrote:

Gave that a try and it looked good as I got the Installing Media Player with a spinning star (previously just got an error message) but it didn't actually load, and just kept spinning until I powered it off.  

Hop on your ATV2 with WinSCP or any TFTP Client, Navigate to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d and load the Cydia.list to your PC.

Remove all traces to zodttd's Repo. Reupload and you are free to go ^^ It seems to be badly laggin/down.

May 28, 2012 - 9:03am (Reply to #329)
adrianw.6946's picture
  adrianw.6946 wrote:

Another couple of attempts and it's loaded now so I have Plex and Media Player!

Not sure I'm a big fan of the new interface, but I'm sure it will grow on me Wink

Keep up the great work.  Will look forward to the aTV3 jailbreak...

May 28, 2012 - 9:36am
ichiban's picture

Having XBMC install issues. Dont know where else to turn.

Untethered Jailbreak with this latest seas0npass on 5.0.1 (no problems - FC logo shows in settings bar)

Installed nitoTV using SSH (no problems)

Updated and upgraded using SSH (no problems)

Tried to install XBMC using nitoTV. Blank box shows up on homescreen with XBMC written below. Try to open it and it tells me to wait then kicks me back to home screen.

Uninstalled and reinstalled but same problem.

Any ideas?