596 posts / 0 new / Last post
  May 28, 2012 - 12:31pm (Reply to #331)
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 112
  dbembibre wrote:

I have similar problems, i have a Apple TV2 with a serial number of an Apple TV2, each time that i try to do a JB i receive the "not eligible message" if itry to restore with a Apple TV3 firmware all work ok. How is possible have a device with the TV2 serial number but to be a TV3 ??

Not sure what you mean by an Apple TV2 serial number? If it is a 1080p compatible model then it is an ATV3 - the serial number is irrelevant.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

May 29, 2012 - 1:42am (Reply to #332)
dbembibre's picture
Kudos: 0
  itimpi wrote:

Not sure what you mean by an Apple TV2 serial number? If it is a 1080p compatible model then it is an ATV3 - the serial number is irrelevant.

Thanks itimpi, cristal clear now.

May 30, 2012 - 2:42pm
Riskz's picture

I have no problems jailbraking and installing atv flash black but i can't install the media player. this is what i got:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8043/img0309l...

How can i fix this?

 MacBook Pro 2.3GHz i5, 8GB Ram, OSX 10.7.3
 AppleTV 2 with Plex
 iPhone 4S
 iPad 2 WiFi + 3G

May 30, 2012 - 4:08pm
charlow's picture

Used the untethered jailbreak. Interesting results. Went into DFU mode and SeasonPass did its thing. It even told me the iTunes restore was successful. On the other hand, iTunes said that it was not successful-I was not eligible for this restore. SeasonPass dialog box says the install was successful and there is a check mark over the apple TV icon. However the progress line keeps spinning and the "done" button is not functional. Running (iOS 5.1.1  AppleTV works fine, but is still not  jailbroken; Now what?

June 4, 2012 - 8:27pm
rupinders.9772's picture

I get error message the apple tv "apple tv" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible

June 4, 2012 - 10:01pm (Reply to #336)
itimpi's picture
  rupinders.9772 wrote:

I get error message the apple tv "apple tv" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible

Are you sure you do not have an ATV3 (see my sig)?

June 6, 2012 - 1:02am
protoni74's picture

Had all kinds of errors in my mac trying to do this. Tried a couple of days, wasn´t able to recover atv2 with iTunes. So my solution was win7...

I brought atv2 to my workplace and jailbreak was easily done with first attempt.. There must be an issue with my iTunes in mac, once I had to restore my iP4 in my workplace as well. Hope this helps someone Wink

June 6, 2012 - 5:54pm
changums's picture

I am trying to upgrade the JB on my ATV2 and I run seas0npass, but then i get:

"iTunes restore script failed!, selecting IPSW in Finder..."

I have tried a few times with the same result. Thanks in advance for the help

June 6, 2012 - 7:27pm
mail42's picture

For those stuck at the restore try

right clicking the restore button in itunes

load in the ipsw file located in documents/seas0npass

June 6, 2012 - 7:43pm (Reply to #340)
changums's picture
  mail42 wrote:

For those stuck at the restore try

right clicking the restore button in itunes

load in the ipsw file located in documents/seas0npass

I do, but then I get error 1600 and I can't get redsn0w to work

June 7, 2012 - 7:46am (Reply to #341)
subliner's picture
  changums wrote:

I do, but then I get error 1600 and I can't get redsn0w to work

I guess redsn0w is for ip's not for the atv2 ! seas0npass is for atv n maybe sn0wbreeze, but not redsn0w!!!!!  Blush

June 7, 2012 - 10:41am
aquamars's picture

Having trouble updating!

Do I need to Update de ATV2 to 5.0.2 before? Its in 4.4.4 right now, the process does good, but then iTunes says the Apple TV update server is Unavailable.

Anyone?

Thnks

June 8, 2012 - 10:01am
sjthemanc's picture

Hey, I've jailbroken my ATV2 and have just tried to do the same for a friend. Just as I get iTunes to verify the TV I get error code 1394, I have researched the error code and it mentions having the lastest software installed, I'm running 5.0.2 on my 2nd gen TV and iTunes 10.6.1 which is currently the latest update. I'm using the latest version of SeasonPass which it states is now compatible with the June 6th update...Any ideas? Thanks so much!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work!!

June 9, 2012 - 6:22am
dronotelo's picture

Hey, i need help))

I installed 5.0.2 made JB with SP and have only 3 icons  settings , computers and maintenance  ,but on 5.0.1 i had a lot icons 

June 13, 2012 - 12:23am
cindyj.1958's picture

Hi All

Had heaps of trouble with the new release season pass using windows.  Found snow the way to go no trouble what so ever.

June 16, 2012 - 4:29pm
hansl.5893's picture

If you can´t restore in iTunes and recieve error code 3194, try fixing it with Tinyumbrella.

Download and start the latest version of Tinyumbrella for Windows or Mac.

Attach the ATV2 to an USB-port on your computer with just a micro-USB cable.

Simultaneously press the "menu" and "play" buttons for 7 seconds on your ATV2 remote to put the ATV2 in DFU-mode.

Click on the "fix recovery" button in Tinyumbrella.

Hope it works for you too!

July 3, 2012 - 6:20pm
briankhudson's picture

I successfully jailbroke my atv 2 after many 3194 errors, but now when i turn on my device the apple logo flashes for like 10 secs then my tv goes to no signal. I cant get my device even to the select a language menu. Any ideas anyone?

July 4, 2012 - 8:35pm
thomathy's picture

I haven't seen anyone else address this problem, but every step works until SeasOnPass gets to the 'Restoring in iTunes. Please wait while script is running...' message.  It just hangs there indefinitely and never finishes.

Is there some further step?  Is there something that may be preventing that script from running properly? Does anyone have a viable way to make this step work?

July 5, 2012 - 2:29pm
charlesw.8419's picture

I get to the point where it says to connect usb and hold down menu and pause buttons and it it just never does anything. I have tried 2 different cords and nothing happens. the cord works because if I plug in the atv it can be recognized by itunes. the season pass then says it is not supported.

July 6, 2012 - 12:08am (Reply to #350)
itimpi's picture
  charlesw.8419 wrote:

I get to the point where it says to connect usb and hold down menu and pause buttons and it it just never does anything. I have tried 2 different cords and nothing happens. the cord works because if I plug in the atv it can be recognized by itunes. the season pass then says it is not supported.

Are you sure you do not have an ATV3 (see my sig) ? These are the symptoms I would expect if you do.

July 7, 2012 - 5:31pm (Reply to #351)
charlesw.8419's picture
  itimpi wrote:

Are you sure you do not have an ATV3 (see my sig) ? These are the symptoms I would expect if you do.

Yes it is. does that mean I can not jailbreak it?

July 8, 2012 - 12:55am (Reply to #352)
itimpi's picture
  charlesw.8419 wrote:

Yes it is. does that mean I can not jailbreak it?

yes!

We have no definitive news when (or even if) a jailbreak will be available for the ATV3. It is proving much more intractable than the ATV2.

July 10, 2012 - 4:34am
Mr. Floppy's picture

Hi,

I jailbreak the ATV2 several month ago. From the beginning I had following error:

Sometimes If I power on the ATV2 I saw the silver apple, after a few seconds the apple gone away and thats all. No screen. If I press the RC the LED at the ATV flashes but thats all. The error is from 10 times power on only one time. So its not so important, but I want to know why and is there a solution?

Thanks

July 10, 2012 - 5:11am
itimpi's picture

If you are powering of your ATV2 then seeing the Apple logo when you power it on is normal. As you have noted the screen will then go blank and you have to wait for the boot process to complete before you get anything Useful on the screen.

I believe that many people never power off their ATV2 systems - they merely put them into sleep mode when not being used. If you do this then pressing the Menu key on the REmote will bring the screen up immediately. That is certainly how I use it.

July 10, 2012 - 5:25am
Mr. Floppy's picture

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. In my living room the ATV2 is always on, but in the bedroom I always switch it off. Both player having the error but only the bedroom player makes me sometimes angry...:-)

I know if the silver apple gone away, normally the desktop comes up a few seconds later. But with the error 1 from ten times only a power cycle brings the ATV to a normal function status.

July 22, 2012 - 12:45am
igor.linkov's picture

Dear James

I downloaded Seas0nPass and followed the instructions on http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605. I'm having no problems up to step 4. I am following the instructions to plug in the aTV with my micro USB (and not the power cord), but there is no light on the front aTV. I've tried just pressing Menu/Play for 7 seconds also, but nothing happens. The screen on Step 4 doesn't go away. Keeps telling me 'Waiting for device to enter DFU Mode'. That's pretty much as far as I can go. Please help.

July 22, 2012 - 1:37am (Reply to #357)
itimpi's picture
  igor.linkov wrote:

I downloaded Seas0nPass and followed the instructions on http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605. I'm having no problems up to step 4. I am following the instructions to plug in the aTV with my micro USB (and not the power cord), but there is no light on the front aTV. I've tried just pressing Menu/Play for 7 seconds also, but nothing happens. The screen on Step 4 doesn't go away. Keeps telling me 'Waiting for device to enter DFU Mode'. That's pretty much as far as I can go. Please help.

When did you buy the ATV? If it is recently then it is likely to be an ATV3 and not an ATV2 (see my sig for the difference). Your symptoms are what I would expect with an ATV3. There is no jailbreak currently available for the ATV3.

July 22, 2012 - 2:40am (Reply to #358)
igor.linkov's picture
  itimpi wrote:

When did you buy the ATV? If it is recently then it is likely to be an ATV3 and not an ATV2 (see my sig for the difference). Your symptoms are what I would expect with an ATV3. There is no jailbreak currently available for the ATV3.

I bought it 2 weeks ago. So I cant jailbreak it at all? May I expect for the jailbreak to the ATV3 from you soon? Sad((

July 22, 2012 - 3:50am (Reply to #359)
itimpi's picture
  igor.linkov wrote:

I bought it 2 weeks ago. So I cant jailbreak it at all? May I expect for the jailbreak to the ATV3 from you soon? Sad((  

I am not involved in the jailbreak process (and I do not work for Firecore if that is who you meant by 'you')!

I am sure that there are people working on producing a jailbreak for the ATV3, but so far there are no signs of success.   Still we can always remain hopeful Smile

July 26, 2012 - 5:06pm (Reply to #360)
MightyJew's picture
  dronotelo wrote:

Hey, i need help))

I installed 5.0.2 made JB with SP and have only 3 icons  settings , computers and maintenance  ,but on 5.0.1 i had a lot icons 

sounds like you are not connected to the internet