596 posts / 0 new / Last post
  March 25, 2013 - 2:56pm
PicMe's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi I accidentally upgraded my atv2 to version 5.2 10b144b and couldn't jailbreak it did a lot of research and thought I was screwed but I finally jb my atv2 using seasonpass right click the create ipsw and select 5.0.2 (9b830) it worked for me, without having any saved blobs or anything Smile

March 25, 2013 - 3:00pm
PicMe's picture

I was getting a bunch of iTunes errors as well, until I did trial and error

March 25, 2013 - 3:46pm
NvR's picture
NvR

I now get through, buy only tethered.

Getting a conflicting error, does somebody know what this is?
I want to get the jailbreak untethered...

March 25, 2013 - 4:10pm (Reply to #424)
PicMe's picture
  NvR wrote:

I now get through, buy only tethered.

Getting a conflicting error, does somebody know what this is?
I want to get the jailbreak untethered...

That's what kept happening to me until I did as I described earlier see my earlier posts

March 25, 2013 - 5:10pm (Reply to #425)
ifmx3's picture
  PicMe wrote:

Hi I accidentally upgraded my atv2 to version 5.2 10b144b and couldn't jailbreak it did a lot of research and thought I was screwed but I finally jb my atv2 using seasonpass right click the create ipsw and select 5.0.2 (9b830) it worked for me, without having any saved blobs or anything Smile

Do you mean you can down grade from 5.2 to 5.0.2 ?  I thought apple stopped signing 5.02.  What is your seasonpass version?

Thanks!

March 25, 2013 - 5:21pm
MrBlobby's picture

bear in mind that there is no difference between having blobs, consciously or not. If you manage to downgrade while the signing window is closed your blobs were saved previously wether you knew it or not and seas0npass located them!

March 25, 2013 - 9:56pm (Reply to #427)
PicMe's picture
  ifmx3 wrote:

Do you mean you can down grade from 5.2 to 5.0.2 ?  I thought apple stopped signing 5.02.  What is your seasonpass version?

Thanks!

It was 5.2(iOS 6.1-10b144b) then I kept getting errors in iTunes and then I couldn't jailbreak it so I started from the bottom of the list by right clicking the create ipsw and it finally worked with the 5.0.2(iOS 5.1 1-9b830)

March 25, 2013 - 10:00pm (Reply to #428)
PicMe's picture
  PicMe wrote:

It was 5.2(iOS 6.1-10b144b) then I kept getting errors in iTunes and then I couldn't jailbreak it so I started from the bottom of the list by right clicking the create ipsw and it finally worked with the 5.0.2(iOS 5.1 1-9b830)

I previously had it jail broken with 4.4.4 iOS (5.01-9a406a) then accidentally upgraded to the new version and then it finally worked when I selected 5.0.2 9b830

March 25, 2013 - 10:01pm (Reply to #429)
PicMe's picture
  PicMe wrote:

I previously had it jail broken with 4.4.4 iOS (5.01-9a406a) then accidentally upgraded to the new version and then it finally worked when I selected 5.0.2 9b830

I have the latest version of seasonpass, and right click the create ipsw

March 27, 2013 - 10:57pm
alanr.2334's picture

My MAC just says ---The Apple TV "Apple TV" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

this happens after seasonpass says that iTunes restore script successful. I have tried new cables and everything and it still won't work any help with this would be great.

March 27, 2013 - 11:09pm (Reply to #431)
PicMe's picture
  alanr.2334 wrote:

My MAC just says ---The Apple TV "Apple TV" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

this happens after seasonpass says that iTunes restore script successful. I have tried new cables and everything and it still won't work any help with this would be great.

Did you try right click ipsw and select version and see which one works. Or try a different computer

March 30, 2013 - 3:12pm (Reply to #432)
herchu's picture
  alanr.2334 wrote:

Same here. Had to downgrade to 5.0.2 (FC logo shows ok) but from there I can't go to 5.2 as either Seass0nPass complains about being eligible or iTunes complains about the file not being compatible.

April 1, 2013 - 3:36pm
Jmhthefirst's picture

Worked like a charm on 5.2.1, first try. As always, MUCH OBLIGED!

April 2, 2013 - 1:16pm
joe7dust's picture
  Jmhthefirst wrote:

Worked like a charm on 5.2.1, first try. As always, MUCH OBLIGED!

Really? I heard 5.2.1 wasn't jailbreakable yet.

April 2, 2013 - 1:40pm
Jmhthefirst's picture
  joe7dust wrote:

Really? I heard 5.2.1 wasn't jailbreakable yet.

http://firecore.com/taxonomy/term/137/0

April 3, 2013 - 3:50am
tomgjo's picture

Frist time for me to jailbreake Atv2.
Used seas0npass and installed 5.2.1 beta for Mac successfullt, then I connected Atv2 to TV and turn it on, after I seen Apple logo it's got frozen black.
Can someone please help me.....

TGJ

April 3, 2013 - 8:31am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 110
  tomgjo wrote:

Frist time for me to jailbreake Atv2. Used seas0npass and installed 5.2.1 beta for Mac successfullt, then I connected Atv2 to TV and turn it on, after I seen Apple logo it's got frozen black. Can someone please help me.....

Is the LED at the front of the ATV2 lit (and not blinking).  This is what I would expect if the boot process is completed.

Do you have a wired connection to your network?  If you do not then I have seen this happen as the ATV waits for a wired connection.   Pressing the MENU key on the remote may get you past this point so that you can get into the ATV settings menu and set up your network with your desired settings.  I think it might eventually time out without using the Menu key and proceed but I know this can take a long time and I never have the patience Smile

If this is not your problem then I am not sure what to suggest.  

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

April 3, 2013 - 9:25am
ssingh2k2's picture
  tomgjo wrote:

Frist time for me to jailbreake Atv2.
Used seas0npass and installed 5.2.1 beta for Mac successfullt, then I connected Atv2 to TV and turn it on, after I seen Apple logo it's got frozen black.
Can someone please help me.....

Seas0npass 5.2.1 beta for Mac is only tethered jailbreak which means once it has been jailbroken , you can not take the power cord out of ATV2 ( which you might have plugged into ATV2 while doing tethered boot). Remember, once you successfully jailbreak your ATV2 using seas0npass 5.2.1 beta for Mac, you'll then have to tether boot using usb and power cable together). Let me know if you still have confusion. I can then explain what I did step by step.

April 3, 2013 - 9:24pm
jcrabb's picture

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:373:]]I keep getting the following message when Downloading Firmware Signatures begins. There is no other software running...any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon  

April 3, 2013 - 9:46pm
Jmhthefirst's picture

Mac only.

April 4, 2013 - 1:59pm
jramskov's picture

I finally had succes and got a working JB on my ATV2 running 5.2.1. Or so I thought. it finished alright and I did a tethered boot, got the FC logo on the screen and I was happy. I then proceeded to install XBMC and followed http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:In...

Last step is reboot and now it will not start up anymore. It shows the Apple logo for a short while and then it's just black screen. It just sits there blinking. I can ping it, but not SSH to it.

Any suggestions?

Edit: It's connected with ethernet.

April 4, 2013 - 3:12pm
ssingh2k2's picture

It's all good. Do the following steps:

. Run seas0npass on your Mac and click on tethered boot.
. Follow the instructions i.e. take out HDMI wire from Apple TV and attach USB to Apple TV and Mac and then attach power cable to ATV.
.press menu and play/pause buttons on remote for 7 secs.
. Seas0npass should find your Apple TV in DFU mode and start the tethered boot.
.After almost 1-2 minutes when it says its ok to remove USB , take USB out.

Now this is the most important part. DO NOT TAKE POWER CABLE OUT. Just take the USB cable out and connect HDMI cable to Apple TV and your HDTV . It should boot just fine now.

Never take out cable power now. If there is power outage repeat the steps above you'll be good to go.

April 5, 2013 - 1:49am
jramskov's picture

That's actually what I did and then I proceeded to install XMBC which went without any problems, but the last step is to reboot the ATV2 and it didn't come up after that. I did a tethered boot again which made it come up again and XBMC is now scanning my library. I hope I will not need to do a tethered boot each time I want to start it up - that wouldn't really be a workable solution.

April 5, 2013 - 3:21am
itimpi's picture
  jramskov wrote:

That's actually what I did and then I proceeded to install XMBC which went without any problems, but the last step is to reboot the ATV2 and it didn't come up after that. I did a tethered boot again which made it come up again and XBMC is now scanning my library. I hope I will not need to do a tethered boot each time I want to start it up - that wouldn't really be a workable solution.

You WILL need to do a tethered boot every time the power is removed or you do a hard reset.  My guess is that XBMC install did a hard reset which was why the tethered boot stage needed to be repeated.   Simply putting the ATV to sleep without powering it off does not require the tethered boot stage to be repeated which is what normally makes the tethered boot tolerable.  However if anything does regular hard resets that would be a huge nuisance.

April 5, 2013 - 3:57am
jramskov's picture

Thanks for that information. Fortunately I don't cut power to my ATV, it's just put into standby. However, here's to hoping an untethered solution is forthcomming ;)

Another question in that regard: Now that I have a JB ATV2 with 5.2.1, is it possible to downgrade to 5.2 to get the untethered solution? I don't have backups or anything saved, I did a straight upgrade to 5.2.1 from 4.4.4.

April 5, 2013 - 3:21pm
Paulie_of's picture

Rebooting it essentially disconnects the power. Do the tethered set up then to install xbmc, use nito installer http//tinyurl.com/98ukd9g

Paul

April 5, 2013 - 11:45pm
itimpi's picture
  jramskov wrote:

Thanks for that information. Fortunately I don't cut power to my ATV, it's just put into standby. However, here's to hoping an untethered solution is forthcomming ;)

Another question in that regard: Now that I have a JB ATV2 with 5.2.1, is it possible to downgrade to 5.2 to get the untethered solution? I don't have backups or anything saved, I did a straight upgrade to 5.2.1 from 4.4.4.

No - you will not be able to downgrade to 5.2.    That would only be possible if you had saved shsh blobs for 5.2 which you state is not the case.

April 6, 2013 - 12:38am
jramskov's picture

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know about Nito, but installing xbmc is easy.

April 6, 2013 - 9:55am
menace8000's picture

Hi Guys,

Not sure whats the problem, I have upgraded to 5.2.1 from apple site, downloaded the seas0npass latest, run up the app, all the way till it asks for the ATV to be DFU'd, I plug in USB, wait till fast flash, press both menu and play, flashes for 7-10 seconds, then the app just crashes and closes, EVERYTIME

I have tried another MAC, same problem, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help

April 6, 2013 - 10:16am
Jmhthefirst's picture

So I'm stumped on 5.1 (5201). I've had success with every other version but this one says "not eligible". I have local blobs but can't find a workaround. Please help.