596 posts / 0 new / Last post
  June 27, 2013 - 11:52am
Sufferinsuccotash's picture
Kudos: 0
  dkeeper wrote:

i got the jailbreaking to work and did it with my desktop pc. i try to do a tethered boot with my laptop but i am missing some file that well let me do it... do i need to redo the whole thing on my laptop or is there a way to copy over the files i need to run a boot from the laptop

thanks

DK

Carpenter940's posts describe what you need to do in this link...  http://forum.firecore.com/topic/10539

July 4, 2013 - 2:42am
Rottenmac's picture
  itimpi wrote:

Does this include doing the tethered boot steps in SeasonPass after doing the restore in iTunes and then plugging in the mains power to get ready for the tethered boot? Are you making sure that you do not remove the power after doing the tethered boot (or it will revert to needing the tethered boot again).

I had it up and running prior to this last update. I 'started over' since I thought my iOs wasn't up to date and I thought I knew what I was doing. Now, I either get the 1601 error, but as it could be a false negative, I hook it back up to my TV, but no Firecore logo to be found.

So I go thru it again, and from the original non-tethered approach, to then the tethered approach, it STILL does not work. 

I think the Seas0npass tutorial / walkthru is a bit unclear and seems to need updating or a better explanation of the steps. Maybe something along the lines of 'IF THIS PROBLEM HAPPENS, DO THIS" at the various stages. 

I hope this works soon, as I would like to go back to using my jailbroken aTV2, not stock.

If I've been to your house, I probably used your sink.

July 4, 2013 - 3:12am
WinSpecToR's picture

nm.

July 4, 2013 - 2:18pm
Rottenmac's picture

After beating my head against my laptop repeatedly, I found this which helped my situation. With a first untethered which worked (no errors but didnt give me a jailbroken aTV2)

Then I replugged it and did a tethered boot and >BAZINGA< it worked.

I'm happy I paid for this and Im REALLY happy it works again.

If I've been to your house, I probably used your sink.

July 12, 2013 - 6:25pm
boblist's picture

My A1378 continues to say "seasonpass was unable to save signatures for this apple tv".

I have 5.3/6.1.4 on it and I have restored it and attempted again with the same results.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

July 12, 2013 - 6:41pm
Carpenter940's picture
  boblist wrote:

My A1378 continues to say "seasonpass was unable to save signatures for this apple tv".

I have 5.3/6.1.4 on it and I have restored it and attempted again with the same results.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

There are many posts and fixes here for those who are having trouble saving signatures, check around for those. One suggestion is just keep trying, some people have reported it can take a few times before it will save. On the other hand 5.3 is the latest firmware, so if you went ahead ans jailbroke it you won't be loosing anything. After jailbreaking install ATVFash and use it's mantaince menu to save your 5.3 signatire.

August 11, 2013 - 6:36am
alansvt10's picture

When attempting to jailbreak my ATV2. with 5.3 When I use my macbook pro to jail break I keep getting a error "Unable to load IBSS" So I tried it with my wifes PC and I was able to jailbreak with out any issues.

Any ideas why I couldnt with my Mac?

Thanks,

Alan

August 19, 2013 - 11:34pm
marlon1982's picture

hi,

Im using a mac computer to jailbreak my 2nd gen apple tv but it seems that everytime i click shift + create ipsw, seas0npass download 5.3 instead its v5.0.2. I need help please

August 20, 2013 - 3:40pm
Carpenter940's picture
  marlon1982 wrote:

hi,

Im using a mac computer to jailbreak my 2nd gen apple tv but it seems that everytime i click shift + create ipsw, seas0npass download 5.3 instead its v5.0.2. I need help please

Try right click + create and choose 5.0.2

August 21, 2013 - 6:28pm
marlon1982's picture
  Carpenter940 wrote:

Try right click + create and choose 5.0.2

thank you so much. Finally, control+right click to create ipsw did work to me. regards

September 14, 2013 - 6:29pm
rosswelshofer's picture

Someone please help me! I'm trying to jailbreak my apple tv 2 to os 5.3 and I get throught all the steps but when it goes to itunes to install the software it does absolutly nothing! It doesn't finish! What is wrong? Am I doing something wrong?

October 18, 2013 - 9:32am
flavulous's picture

I want to thank all persons reading this in advance in trying to help me resolve this problem or issue. I'm trying to upload a untethered firmware on my ATV2. Was unsure of the firmware the ATV had upon purchase. I tried to JB it right away, before saving signatures maybe accidentally skipping that step screwed everyhting) 

here are the steps run on season pass version 0.9.4

(on a mac with 10.8.5 loaded)

this is how I started… 
when I right click on "Create IPSW" and select any untethered version of firmware, from 4.4 through 5.3, I get a message "checking firmware compatability". then after a few seconds I get a "sorry Frown this apple TV is not eligible for this version". When I use the "help" drop down menu and select "restore firmware" (either 5.0.2 or 5.1.1) it seems to go through the entire JB process fine, but when "verifying apple TV software" I get a "firmware restore failed?" message

when I try it in SP version 9.2, again initialling firmware 5.1.1 from drop down "help" menu it all goes well, until Itunes launches and again, when "verifying apple TV firmware" I get a message saying "apple  TV could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (1600)"

then I thought to try the "save signatures" step 

(first step I should have started with) the following happen... 

1-found device in DFU mode

2-fetching IBSS file then fetching IBEC file

3-uploading/private/tmp/ifaith/IBSS.k66ap to device

4-ibss upload successful,  reconnecting in 10 seconds
 5- Ifaith payload upload successful, reconnecting in 10 seconds
 6-creating faith SHSH blob 
  7-last error message…
shsh extraction failed.  One or more of the flashed images on the device do not contain an SHSH blob (usually happens when users find funky tutorials on the web to downgrade without blobs) 

I appreciate any and all help and suggestions. I will keep the community up to date on my process and progress in any attempted fixes.

again, thanks in advance for your time and help.

very much appreciated :) 

October 18, 2013 - 12:15pm
Carpenter940's picture

flavulous, you can only downgrade to a version you have saved blobs for, period. You're only choice now is version 5.3, which is tethered. I hate to tell you this but it's true as of this writing.

October 20, 2013 - 8:16pm
diggerdan's picture

I have tried to install season pass on three different machines and was unable to save signatures for this apple tv 6.1. The restore worked fine with I tunes except for upgading my IOS to version 6.0. I have spent two full days Seasonpass applications including the newest one that is supposed work 0.9.3.1 I give up what a waste of time. I installed everything the first time round but this is getting rediculious including the support. If anyone can help please and thank-you!

danielkerray

October 20, 2013 - 9:31pm
Carpenter940's picture
  diggerdan wrote:

I have tried to install season pass on three different machines and was unable to save signatures for this apple tv 6.1. The restore worked fine with I tunes except for upgading my IOS to version 6.0. I have spent two full days Seasonpass applications including the newest one that is supposed work 0.9.3.1 I give up what a waste of time. I installed everything the first time round but this is getting rediculious including the support. If anyone can help please and thank-you!

Make sure you have an apple gen 2 not gen 3

Why are you trying to save signatures for ios 6? No need for that, just jailbreak it down to 5.3.

October 21, 2013 - 11:40am
diggerdan's picture

Thanks James for the speedy response.

I have a PC based environment not mac.

I am able to get inot the dfu mode and starts the process but when it comes time to launch it into itunes a message comes up saying it's unable to save signatures. I have used the shift click option and tried the other older IOS/IPSW's but the same message comes up each time.

I have disabled all my firewalls including one computer with no antivirus or firewalls active and no luck.

I have tried an install on computers with no memory of any apple installations and no luck.

I have the Apple TV2 with the silver remote, 3 new USB connectors less than a meter long.

The Apple TV updated and restored to factory condition except the upgrade to 6.0 no problems.

I seariously don't know why I bother with the apple when I can just download to a computer and use with much better results but i have spent so much time on this it has become a personal LOL

danielkerray

October 27, 2013 - 1:03pm
ddaisydee76's picture

I have an Apple tv 2 (black) that had previously been jailbroken and had xbmc on it.  I was having issues with subtitles which is really important to me since I'm hard of hearing so I thought I'd give it a go on updating it....I'm afraid this was a bad idea.  I have tried each of the steps several times and rebooted my computer several times.  I even tried a factory reboot so my apple tv had the latest updates which I'm realizing now was probably also a bad idea.  I was able to get the reboot to be successful one time, but since then have tried other things so not sure whats going on with that.  Here is what I'm doing and the errors I get along the way.

When I try to install Seas0n pass everything appears to be working great until it stalls at "Restoring in iTunes.  Please wait while script is running".  

At this point I close it and disconnect.  In iTunes press shift + restore and find the file and try to install that way.  All looks great until "The Appletv "Apple TV" could not be restored.  An unknown error occured (1604).  

Now when I plug it into the tv I get an image of a USB plugging into the iTunes logo.  

I have since tried another factory restore but get the message Can't connect to apple restore server.  Please try again later.  (this was happening both last night and this morning)

I have also gotten it to the point where when I plug it into the tv I get the apple image but the screen then goes black (light on box is still on).

Is there any hope for saving my appletv?  

October 29, 2013 - 1:18pm
diggerdan's picture

Re: Why are you trying to save signatures for ios 6? No need for that, just jailbreak it down to 5.3

I did try installing 5.3 by left clicking the mouse and scrolling down to any version for that matter and it starts the jail break on all of them untill it goes to open in ITunes. I then get the message saying it was unable to save signatures for this apple TV and I never get into Itunes. Everything else is done right from what I can tell untill it goes to save signatures. Lost and low. Cheers, Daniel

danielkerray

November 9, 2013 - 8:59am
saudagar's picture

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my JB ATV2 from 5.1 to 5.2 or 5.1.1 since there were performance upgrades, but seas0npass says its not eligible. Is there a list of paths that can be followed? I have another non-JB ATV which is on 4.3 so am wondering which version i should take it to for JB.

Thanks!

November 9, 2013 - 12:32pm
Carpenter940's picture
  saudagar wrote:

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my JB ATV2 from 5.1 to 5.2 or 5.1.1 since there were performance upgrades, but seas0npass says its not eligible. Is there a list of paths that can be followed? I have another non-JB ATV which is on 4.3 so am wondering which version i should take it to for JB.

Thanks!

You got your answer already http://forum.firecore.com/topic/11211

You can jailbreak to any of theseas long as you have them saved: http://forum.firecore.com/topic/3418

November 9, 2013 - 5:35pm
saudagar's picture
  Carpenter940 wrote:

You got your answer already http://forum.firecore.com/topic/11211

You can jailbreak to any of theseas long as you have them saved: http://forum.firecore.com/topic/3418

The question i asked at other thread was around changing ios from 5.3 -> 5.1 .. which i did.

Now my question is can i do 5.1 -> 5.2 since 5.2 is last untethered with performance improvement over 5.1. seas0npass shows that it cannot be done. I wanted to understand why it cannot be done? 

I have saved the 5.1 signature.

November 9, 2013 - 5:50pm
Carpenter940's picture
  saudagar wrote:

The question i asked at other thread was around changing ios from 5.3 -> 5.1 .. which i did.

Now my question is can i do 5.1 -> 5.2 since 5.2 is last untethered with performance improvement over 5.1. seas0npass shows that it cannot be done. I wanted to understand why it cannot be done? 

I have saved the 5.1 signature.

But do you have the saved 5.2 signature from that device?

November 9, 2013 - 6:03pm
saudagar's picture
  Carpenter940 wrote:

But do you have the saved 5.2 signature from that device?

Hmm.. sorry i am newb.. How do you do that? This device came with 5.1 -> JB 5.3 -> JB 5.1

so i have only 5.1 and 5.3 ipsw on my m/c (if thats what you meant???) How can i save its signature in 5.2?

November 9, 2013 - 6:15pm
Carpenter940's picture
  saudagar wrote:

Hmm.. sorry i am newb.. How do you do that? This device came with 5.1 -> JB 5.3 -> JB 5.1

so i have only 5.1 and 5.3 ipsw on my m/c (if thats what you meant???) How can i save its signature in 5.2?

Well, unless 5.2 (or any version) was saved while the unit had that version on it, it can't be done. You can ONLY go to a version you have saved blobs for.

November 9, 2013 - 6:24pm
saudagar's picture
  Carpenter940 wrote:

Well, unless 5.2 (or any version) was saved while the unit had that version on it, it can't be done. You can ONLY go to a version you have saved blobs for.

Is ipsw and signature different? I have downloaded couple of ipsw from web, can i use those?

November 10, 2013 - 4:20am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 117
  saudagar wrote:

Is ipsw and signature different? I have downloaded couple of ipsw from web, can i use those?

signatures are not ipsw.  ipsw files are the unsigned firmware..  The signature is often called shsh blobs as well.   These are both unit and version specific.  You can only install firmware versions that either Apple is still signing (so Apple can provide the signature) or you have the signatures saved from an earlier jailbreak.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

November 13, 2013 - 2:04pm
Patch_Rick's picture

I tried jailbreaking my ATV2 with Seasonpass, didn't work, it all goes through fine but white light just blinks when I plug back into the TV.  had to restore the apple tv.  Is this perhaps because I have the latest ATV software 6.0.1?

November 13, 2013 - 2:30pm
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 117
  Patch_Rick wrote:

I tried jailbreaking my ATV2 with Seasonpass, didn't work, it all goes through fine but white light just blinks when I plug back into the TV.  had to restore the apple tv.  Is this perhaps because I have the latest ATV software 6.0.1?

The default for SeasonPass is to install jailbroken 5.3 firmware. This is a tethered jailbreak. Your description sounds as if after doing the jailbreak the ATV2 is now waiting for you to do the tethered boot stage that is required every time you start the jailbroken ATV2 after power has been removed.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

November 20, 2013 - 2:42pm
Womack's picture

James,

could really use some help here. 

I am trying to JB using tetchered seasonpass version 5.3 using a macbook with OS 10.6.8

I downloaded the latest seasonpass and Itunes.

Jailbreaking was no problem, however when I try and do the tethered boot, seasonpass recognizes the device in DFU mode, then seasonpass crases and says "seasonpass quit unexpectedly".

I have tried numerous times with no luck, always get the same message. I have followed all your steps and instructions.

I do not have a windows computer to try with.

Please let me know if you have any solution. I know I am not the only one with this problem.

Much thanks.

November 22, 2013 - 3:18pm
sks14's picture

I have been trying to jailbreak my 4.4.4 on my mac, but I haven't even been able to save my blobs.  When I try seas0npass, it says "SHSH extraction failed!  Unknown error".  

When I try tiny umbrella the logs say "11/22/2013 15:57:46.760 For version [AppleTV2 4.4.4 (9A406a)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build.  11/22/2013 15:57:46.767 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR AppleTV2 4.4.4 (9A406a) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE." but it says that for every firmware version.  

Can anybody help me out?  I only have access to a mac right now.