596 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 23, 2013 - 11:07am
sirius2020's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

If you are a Mac user and are stuck, you are not alone! I tried more than a dozen times, with several different usb cables, all without luck. I borrowed a friend's Windows laptop and managed a 5.3 tethered jailbreak first time.

I believe there is a problem with the Mac version of SeasOnPass. I'm not sure if it is in the OS or the version of iTunes though, as the windows machine was running iTunes 10.7.021 and my Mac is running 11.1.3.

  November 24, 2013 - 10:58am
209dave's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

sounds like this fails to work a lot more than it actually works. I have been trying for 3 days now. some times itunes starts on its own most of the time it doesnt. hardly able to get the ATV DFU mode. when i pull up itunes manually i get the option to restore it myself . Should i ?

  November 28, 2013 - 4:48pm
stanley666's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

UI scripting disabled!

UI Scripting is not enabled, it is needed to restore the IPSW automatically in iTunes, would you like to enable it?

Does somebody know whats the problem when I run SeasOnPass.app and after I click on "Enable" and when I click on " Create IPSW " is telling me this :This device is not supported by Seas0nPass. 

And im running it on my mac .

  December 5, 2013 - 5:20am
ian82's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 230
Kudos: 0

I keep getting a comment from Seas0npass that this device is not supported by DFU mode.  This is plainly ridiculous because TU tells me the darned thing has enetered DFU mode.

Is the latency for this part of the process not long enough in SP?

Anybody know?

  December 5, 2013 - 7:42am
ian82's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 230
Kudos: 0

And critical errors downloading shsh from Cydia that I know darned well are there because I saved them there myself.

It's always on 4.x.x firmwares...

What IS the latency for this product?

  December 10, 2013 - 11:32am
greytail's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

After updating my Apple TV 2nd Gen from 4.22 to 6.02 I have had no end to problems!  Only by trying to install the buggy SeasonsPass (Mac version) about ten times on 4 machines did I get the bloody thing to work! This is ridiculous!  Now, I have got it working with ATV Flash in my computer room, but as soon as I disconnect the power, it won't boot up properly with my second tv in the living room. I have to reconnect the usb and power in my computer room and do a tethered boot. Provided I don't disconnect the power after finishing, it will work with the tv, but if it it looses power for some reason, I have to go through the tethered boot again. What the hell is going on?  There are 52 pages going back to 2011 with people's complaints...what to do....????

Video-Vermont

  December 10, 2013 - 12:06pm
itimpi's picture
Moderator
Online
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,073
Kudos: 117
  greytail wrote:

After updating my Apple TV 2nd Gen from 4.22 to 6.02 I have had no end to problems!  Only by trying to install the buggy SeasonsPass (Mac version) about ten times on 4 machines did I get the bloody thing to work! This is ridiculous!  Now, I have got it working with ATV Flash in my computer room, but as soon as I disconnect the power, it won't boot up properly with my second tv in the living room. I have to reconnect the usb and power in my computer room and do a tethered boot. Provided I don't disconnect the power after finishing, it will work with the tv, but if it it looses power for some reason, I have to go through the tethered boot again. What the hell is going on?  There are 52 pages going back to 2011 with people's complaints...what to do....????

What version of jailbroken firmware do you have installed? Your description makes it sound as if it is 5.3 which is a tethered jailbreak. As you have found with a tethered jailbreak you need to repeat the tethered boot process any time power is lost (or you do a hard reset). Unfortunately at the moment there does not appear to be any signs of an untethered jailbreak appearing for this release (or later).

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

  December 10, 2013 - 12:44pm
greytail's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

It is 5.3.    Is there any work around for this? Do I have to, or can I install other JB software that doesn't requre this?

This means I have to keep a lap top next to my liveing room computer! I live in a rural area and the power frequently goes off, or I have to unplug the Apple TV when it hangs, which is does with movie files sitting on another computer's external hard drive.  I never had to do this back when I had 4.22

Video-Vermont

  December 10, 2013 - 12:47pm
greytail's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

How long can I run a USB cable to accomplish a tethered boot....I need to go about 20 feet

Video-Vermont

  December 10, 2013 - 12:48pm
ian82's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 230
Kudos: 0

I always reckon no more than half a metre...

  December 10, 2013 - 12:51pm
itimpi's picture
Moderator
Online
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,073
Kudos: 117
  greytail wrote:

It is 5.3.    Is there any work around for this? Do I have to, or can I install other JB software that doesn't requre this?

This means I have to keep a lap top next to my liveing room computer! I live in a rural area and the power frequently goes off, or I have to unplug the Apple TV when it hangs, which is does with movie files sitting on another computer's external hard drive.  I never had to do this back when I had 4.22

If you already have shsh blobs for a release with an untethered jailbreak then you can try going to that release. Without those blobs you are stuck with a tethered jailbreak. All I can suggest is the use of a small UPS to protect the ATV against power cuts. It is this requirement to repeat the tethered boot after power loss that makes an untethered jailbreak undesirable unless there is no other option.

I am really hoping that the jailbreak community manage to deliver an untethered jailbreak of the latest firmware. However with the lack of news so far that may be an unrealistic hope.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

  December 10, 2013 - 12:51pm
greytail's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

can you put the tethered boot on a memory stick and just shove it in with an adapter any time you need to power on/off?

Video-Vermont

  December 10, 2013 - 12:53pm
itimpi's picture
Moderator
Online
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,073
Kudos: 117
  greytail wrote:

can you put the tethered boot on a memory stick and just shove it in with an adapter any time you need to power on/off?

Not that I have heard off. It would be a great idea if it could ever be made to work.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

  December 10, 2013 - 1:04pm
ian82's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 230
Kudos: 0

There's no regular usb port on an Apple TV2...

  December 10, 2013 - 2:08pm
greytail's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

yes it is a mini port. Therefore could you not do a female/male connection with the usb cord used to reboot it, then connect the flash drive to that?

Video-Vermont

  December 10, 2013 - 3:17pm
itimpi's picture
Moderator
Online
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,073
Kudos: 117
  greytail wrote:

yes it is a mini port. Therefore could you not do a female/male connection with the usb cord used to reboot it, then connect the flash drive to that?

No. That port is only capable as acting as a USB slave device to a USB host. It is not capable of acting as a USB master which is a requirement for attaching a USB drive.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

  December 22, 2013 - 11:48pm
prefix's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

Hi! As i can see - there is an ios 7 version from Evad3rs has been released - so is there any news regarding ios 7 JB for apple tv 2nd gen? 

  January 19, 2014 - 12:48pm
ready4all69's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

hi I have apple TV 2 I jail brake long time ago works great but after i upgrade the soft wear to 6.0.2 now jail brake dosent work i try to jail brake seasonpass tells seasonpass was unable to save signature for this apple tv.

what can I do or any one knows?

THANKYOU :0)

  January 28, 2014 - 2:43am
Uaelaelil's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Dose this latest version of seasons pass create a signed version or just adds the jailbreak data ?

As in dose the end file have the current blobs built in.

  January 31, 2014 - 1:57am
fabmic's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Hello,

I've been struggling with this for days.

Having serious problems with xmbc (can't uninstall/reinstall it), I decided to update the software version to 5.3 (it is now 5.0.2) and jailbreak my ATV2.

Yesterday when I connected the ATV to the pc by usb I had iTunes asking me to restore it, but of course I didn't. Today there is no way to have the ATV recognised by anything.

If I connect the ATV by usb only, iTunes doesn't detect it at all. Seas0npass does the same thing, I start the program, it asks me to connect the ATV by usb, but never detects it. Also, seas0npass doesn't do anything but asking me for this connection, and advices me that antivirus software could cause problems (even if I disable the antivirus, same message).

I'm getting crazy, I want to restore to 5.3 but if iTunes doesn't detect anything...the only thing would be to restore by menu and it would be to the latest non-breakable version.

Please help...

  January 31, 2014 - 9:47am
Sufferinsuccotash's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 206
Kudos: 0
  fabmic wrote:

Hello,

I've been struggling with this for days.

Having serious problems with xmbc (can't uninstall/reinstall it), I decided to update the software version to 5.3 (it is now 5.0.2) and jailbreak my ATV2.

Yesterday when I connected the ATV to the pc by usb I had iTunes asking me to restore it, but of course I didn't. Today there is no way to have the ATV recognised by anything.

If I connect the ATV by usb only, iTunes doesn't detect it at all. Seas0npass does the same thing, I start the program, it asks me to connect the ATV by usb, but never detects it. Also, seas0npass doesn't do anything but asking me for this connection, and advices me that antivirus software could cause problems (even if I disable the antivirus, same message).

I'm getting crazy, I want to restore to 5.3 but if iTunes doesn't detect anything...the only thing would be to restore by menu and it would be to the latest non-breakable version.

Please help...

If iTunes isn't recognizing your device then there's no way Seasonpass or any other program is going to recognize it either.  As long as Apple is signing version 5.3 you are able to use Seasonpass to jailbreak to version 5.3 regardless of what version your device is currently running.  So your first step is to restore your device to the current firmware in iTunes then jailbreak with Seasonpass which will put you back to 5.3  If you can't restore to 6.0.2 in iTunes then I suggest trying a different micro usb cable and/or a different computer.     

  January 31, 2014 - 12:57pm
fabmic's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

I figured out it was a driver problem, and solved it Smile

I did the jailbreak on 5.3, I can see that regardless of so many tutorials telling me to use iTunes after the IPSW file has been created, Seas0npass does the whole work and basically as I get the final message, everything is done...or...?

  January 31, 2014 - 3:21pm
itimpi's picture
Moderator
Online
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,073
Kudos: 117
  fabmic wrote:

I figured out it was a driver problem, and solved it Smile

I did the jailbreak on 5.3, I can see that regardless of so many tutorials telling me to use iTunes after the IPSW file has been created, Seas0npass does the whole work and basically as I get the final message, everything is done...or...?

The latest SeaonPass no longer uses iTunes. All earlier releases did which is why there are so many references to it.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

  February 10, 2014 - 1:17pm
ciento's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0
  shahheidari wrote:

james,

I did everything correctly and when I connect my apple tv (black) to the HDMI it is stuck at the Apple logo as the light on the device is just a slow steady blinking...any idea with what going on?  I have jailbroken and did the tethering as well...thanks!

 

Have you tried a tethered boot? I had the same issue and with a tethered boot i finally got past being stuck with the apple logo.

  February 10, 2014 - 2:32pm
davidpeterfischer's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0
  ciento wrote:

 

Have you tried a tethered boot? I had the same issue and with a tethered boot i finally got past being stuck with the apple logo.

 

I have the same issue... newest season pass which tells me everything is successful but I only get a black screen after the Apple Logo. SeasonPass wont let me do a tethered boot either "Version doesnt require it"

  March 9, 2014 - 3:27am
salvatoregrado's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
Kudos: 3

here my situation...

I had an ATV2 with latest f/w installed 6.x.

I simply restored it with iTunes to 5.3, still signed by Apple. Then I did the jailbreak with Seas0npass and already there I got a failure message at the beginning when it was trying to save the blobs.

I proceed then anyway with the jailbreak without any particular issue.

Now I m trying again to save the shsh of the 5.3 (just in case I need it and Apple will stop sign it) but I get a failure message from Seas0npass say something like... that the reason could be because I followed some fancy tutorial to downgrade.

I tried to use also Tinyumbrella, iFaith or ATV Flash Black but I do not have any positive response.

Probably there was no need for downgrade to 5.3 from 6.x but I did not know.

Now the question is... is there a way to get the shsh of 5.3 with the actual status of my ATV or I should restore it again to 6.x and then reuse seas0npass to save the shsh and jailbreak again?

I would avoid this second option of course, since who knows... anything could happen...

Hope somebody can help!

thanks in advance

  March 9, 2014 - 10:41am
salvatoregrado's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
Kudos: 3

some more trials...

I decided today to restore the ATV to the latest firmware and then re-jailbrak with seas0npass again.

First thing I tried to save the shsh using seas0n pass but I got the message that the iOS installed was not eligible for extracting the blobs, like it was a beta.

Then I decided to jailbreak in in order to have the custom 5.3 and try to save shsh again.

Same story of my previous post. Something like ... I did do the downgrade in the right way.

Getting tired of all of this and I would appreciate a good help from Firecore (since I m a client) to get this 5.3 shsh.

Thanks&Rgds

  April 9, 2014 - 11:49am
NeVeREire's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

I have a jailbroken ATV and need it updated so Netflix is installed.

So i downloaded 5.3 and am trying to get it working.

When i click "Create IPSW" is asks me to connect the device.. and doesn't do anything until I connect it..

 

But when I connect it and it runs throught everyrthing is then again asks me to connect it and press the 2 buttons... but doesn't work.

 

ANy ideas ?

  April 13, 2014 - 9:16pm
joejohnston's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

during the creation of the ipsw, i get an error that says. "Process failed reason: Filesystem patches failed!!"

and nothing happpens.

on 10.6.8 snow leopard

atv2nd gen thats on 5.3

latest season pass.

in console i get this.....  "

 

Apr 13 23:06:55 Elis-MacBook-Pro Seas0nPass[865]: is 4.4/5.0
Apr 13 23:06:55 Elis-MacBook-Pro Seas0nPass[865]: resizeValue: 1024.000000 MB
Apr 13 23:06:55 Elis-MacBook-Pro Seas0nPass[865]: finalTotal to resize fs: 1073741824
Apr 13 23:06:55 Elis-MacBook-Pro Seas0nPass[865]: resizeFSValue: 1073741824
Apr 13 23:06:57 Elis-MacBook-Pro Seas0nPass[865]: version is less than 6.0, add stash script
Apr 13 23:06:58 Elis-MacBook-Pro dbHelper[924]: restoreMode: 4
Apr 13 23:06:58 Elis-MacBook-Pro dbHelper[924]: enabling assitive devices
Apr 13 23:06:58 Elis-MacBook-Pro dbHelper[924]: Mounting image...
Apr 13 23:07:01 Elis-MacBook-Pro hdiejectd[932]: running
Apr 13 23:07:02 Elis-MacBook-Pro dbHelper[924]: Patching filesystem...
Apr 13 23:07:02 Elis-MacBook-Pro dbHelper[924]: extracting p0sixspwn.tgz to /Volumes/BrightonTide10B809.K66OS
Apr 13 23:07:02 Elis-MacBook-Pro dbHelper[924]: tar fxpz /Applications/Seas0nPass.app/Contents/Resources/bundles/AppleTV2,1_5.3_10B809.bundle/p0sixspwn.tgz -C /Volumes/BrightonTide10B809.K66OS
Apr 13 23:07:02 Elis-MacBook-Pro dbHelper[924]: returnStatus: 1
Apr 13 23:07:02 Elis-MacBook-Pro dbHelper[924]: coreFileInstallation failed!! bail!
Apr 13 23:07:04 Elis-MacBook-Pro dbHelper[924]: FAIL!! ABORT!
Apr 13 23:07:14 Elis-MacBook-Pro hdiejectd[932]: quitCheck: calling exit(0)

 

please help!! thanks

  April 14, 2014 - 8:29am
ministry's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 11
Kudos: 0
  joejohnston wrote:

during the creation of the ipsw, i get an error that says. "Process failed reason: Filesystem patches failed!!"

.

on 10.6.8 snow leopard

atv2nd gen thats on 5.3

latest season pass.

in console i get this.....  "

 

You may want to try this on a PC.  I have found that sometimes the JB works only on a Mac, and sometimes only on a PC.

If that fails, I would check ebay to see if someone offers a JB service.

  Locked