596 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 1, 2015 - 9:14pm
roofer's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi all.

I was only Jailbreaking Apple TV 2's a few days ago without any problems.

Now for some reason when I attempt a jailbreak, I get this error message at the start.

"Seasonpass is unable to establish a connection with Cydia/iFaith Servers.
Please check your internet connection or firewall settings." 

I've tried turning my firewall off as well as antivirus but nothing is helping. What am I doing wrong?

Does anyone know if there's a problem with the severs or something out my hands at the moment.
At very least, I won't have to spend countless hours looking for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

November 2, 2015 - 2:27am
mastakillah1287's picture

Servers down Since friday u can Check the Server from Here

http://www.websitedown.info/cydia.ifaith

But Nobody answer from the firecore Team , why not?

November 2, 2015 - 3:09am
SoerenHelmer's picture

Windows part of jailbreaking avt2 is down as ppl say.
On mac i needed to go back in OS for it to work, but then it worked right a way.

I did make a support ticket with the problems and there answer was:

support (FireCore)
Oct 31, 13:54
Hi, thanks for your email, and we're sorry to hear you're having trouble with Seas0nPass.
We get a lot of email, and as a small company we are simply unable to provide one-on-one support for Seas0nPass related questions at this time. However, a number of helpful guides and resources are included below which should hopefully get you back on the right track.
A general guide, as well as links for the latest version can be found here.
http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605-Jailbreaking-101-Seas0nPass
Some answers to common issues can be found here.
http://firecore.com/forum/topic/3759
Only the ATV2 is supported by Seas0nPass at this time. The easiest way to tell which device you have is to check the model number found on the bottom of the device. The ATV2 has a model number of A1378, while the ATV3 has a model number of A1427 or A1469.
If you have a 3rd gen Apple TV, or the new 4th gen Apple TV you may want to look at Infuse which is a free app that will support these platforms.
http://firecore.com/infuse
If you still have questions that cannot be answered by any of the above, feel free to submit a post in the jailbreaking section of our discussion forum.
http://firecore.com/forum/137
Thanks and have a great day!
-FireCore Support
http://firecore.com

So no support unless you buy there payed version..
Hope others are more lucky with then then i was.

November 2, 2015 - 2:48pm
groverg's picture

When will Cydia i faith server be up???

November 2, 2015 - 2:49pm
groverg's picture

I have already paid them for ATV FLASH BLACK AND STILL NO support same answer

November 2, 2015 - 3:44pm
groverg's picture

Is max version working for sure??

November 3, 2015 - 7:45am
reg3's picture

Hi all

I tried v0.96 on win10 and win8 yesterday and got the "Unable to establish a connection with the Cydia/iFaith servers" issue.

However I then tried v0.97 on Mac and that worked for me. Latest version of Itunes and Mac OS Yosemite

I had also purchased aTV Flash (Black) over the weekend and got the standard reply back from support last night..

November 3, 2015 - 11:43am
Comrade's picture

I sent reg 3 a private message but I don't know if he will be back on this forum anytime soon as he has Jailbroken his Apple TV 2.

My question is a straight-forward one, he states that it works with Seas0nPass 0.9.7 on a Mac with the latest version of Itunes and Mac OS Yosemite.

What he didn't confirm is whether he opted for a 6.2.1 tethered installation or chose a 5.3 untethered installation using Seas0npass 0.9.7, can anyone confirm the latter works on a Mac ?

Thanks

November 3, 2015 - 12:05pm
Jestyr's picture

I can confirm that I was able to complete a tethered 6.2.1 install with seas0npass 0.97 and Yosemite. I was unable to complete an untethered install on the same system and unable to complete anything on Windows because of the server timeout errors.

November 3, 2015 - 12:10pm
Comrade's picture

Thanks Jestyr you just saved me a trip to a friend's house tomorrow.

November 3, 2015 - 1:34pm
reg3's picture

sorry Comrade just checked my messages and it was in the junk folder.

so I'm restored back to factory setting to 6.2.1 and the 5.3 untethered using Seas0npass 0.9.7

November 3, 2015 - 1:46pm
Comrade's picture

Restore Apple TV 2 back to factory setting 6.2.1.

Then you opened 0.9.7 Seas0nPass for Mac and selected 5.3 untethered and it installed with no problems ?

November 3, 2015 - 2:14pm
reg3's picture

So after restoring to 6.2.1 using iTunes I open seas0npass 0.97 on Mac and click create IPSW. This automatically installed 5.3 with jailbreak.

I didn't right click to restore it to 5.3

November 3, 2015 - 11:44pm
Comrade's picture

Thanks for the info. The only way to know for sure is to go to my friend's and try both options (select 'create IPSW' for tethered jailbreak and also right click for 5.3 untethered jailbreak) using 0.9.7.

November 5, 2015 - 6:00am
zeds's picture

Failed to reset USB counters on Mac,please help.Thanks

November 11, 2015 - 3:51pm
dgoertz's picture

Ah I can update my ATV - I delete the ipsw file and also the SeasOnPass Programm and download again and than was working.

November 12, 2015 - 7:50am
wron151's picture

a t v is working fine, got it working earley sunday morning.thanks to all of hour mods.

November 15, 2015 - 4:47pm
korange's picture

is it possible to downgrade the apple 2 from the latest version to jailbreakeable vision ?

December 15, 2015 - 5:27pm
million2oneshot's picture

Hello all:

I have been a firecore user since 2012. I am not very tech savy, but through youtube videos and a little research I've managed to accompich everything I need to do. I love everything about my jailbroken AppleTV2, but I'm having a problem I can't quite figure out. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Here goes...

I have access to the "Watch ESPN" app from the ATV home screen by using someone's credentials. However, recently, the App will not work. I restored my ATV and updated the firmware to the most recent available through itunes. I used my credentials and the App worked perfectly. Additinally, there were a series of new apps on the ATV home screen that I didn't have before I updated everything. Here's where the problem comes in.

After downloading the newest version of seas0npass and re-jailbreaking the ATV, all of the new apps disappeared from the home page and the Watch ESPN App was back to a non-functioning state.

I went through the process again but got the same result.

I have no clue? Thoughts? Thanks, in advance.

Abe O'Bryan

December 17, 2015 - 3:56pm
Demenster's picture

Ok guys,

I did a jailbreak years ago, worked after a couple times no issues, told my friends at the time to do the same everyone had no problems. I have had to do it again recently as the ATV2 got reset or something. Turned it on one day and Fircore was gone. I can't get it to work. I have tried in El Capitain, Mavericks and older again Snow Leopard. I have these on Various drives. I have tried 5.3 and 6.2.1 with no luck. It seems to mostly hang at the very end of the process just as you think it's done the business. Registers failure at the end, cant remember exactly the term as i did it a few days back and gave up after about 10 times trying. I would have to restore a few times also as it would seemed bricked or it was failing to boot (Rapid light - Extremely rapid). The only thing I can think of is that it cant get out of DFU mode or that it fails at the last moment to verify with the servers. If anyone could help would appreciate it.

January 3, 2016 - 12:52am
pb_ez's picture

I have tried to install the lasted 0.9.7 seas0nPass on two different ATV 2s. However, booth give me the same error: "Failed to reset USB counters." What can I do to fix this and complete the jailbreak?

January 8, 2016 - 4:58pm
JonnyAppleTech's picture

I've attempted to try to jailbreak my apple tv 2 but I keep getting the same window to pop up "No devices detected" I've tried multiple wires and i continue to get the same thing. Is this Software related?
Versions/hardwares/computer stats listed below:
Apple TV 2 (7.1.2 version build; IOS 6.2.1)
MacBook Pro Mid 2012 (OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan)

January 17, 2016 - 8:19am
ATV2 New User's picture

i´ve got a problem and i don´t know how to handle it. I bought a Apple TV Gen 2 (A1378). I try day by day to jailbreak my apple TV 2... i use seas0npass 0.9.6 but everytime it stucks by: verifying apple tv software. It is loading and loading the hole day but nothing happens. I watched a lot of YT tutorials and there it works. What i did wrong? I downloaded: AppleTV2,1_5.3_10B809_Restore and install it on ATV2 and then i try to jailbreak, but everytime its the same.... I do the factory reset with itunes after that i try to jailbreak with seas0npass. But everytime it is the same: Verifying Apple TV Software (loading and loading)...

I use a windows Laptop (Win 8.1 & Win 10). I install iTunes 10.7 (and the newest 12.1.2) because i read with the old version it works but it doesn´t.
I thought it so easy like to jailbreak the iphone but now i know it´s not. please help me...

February 2, 2016 - 3:39pm
adamm.2478's picture
  macmaniac wrote:

The same for me here, it works till I toggle the power (to restart) and the there was the apple logo..... for ever....Hopefully you can fix that

I have the same issue. Jailbreaking works fine on the first go. As soon as the Apple TV is restarted, or power disconnected, it restarts with the Apple Logo and then just a blank screen. Taking the power cable out and putting it back in has the same result. The issue I have is that to do the jailbreak I have to use a portable TV as I have a large iMac that is in another room from my home theatre system. (and no I do not have a macbook) So this jailbreak seems to be useless till someone comes up with a solution. Unfortunately, reading through the forums it seems that no one from Firecore actually monitors these forums.

February 8, 2016 - 10:09am
Svetasat's picture

Металлопрокат в Санкт-Петербурге и Ленинградской области.
Металлопрокат в Санкт-Петербурге

signature[value]