596 posts / 0 new / Last post
  January 23, 2011 - 2:40am
andyf.01808's picture
Kudos: 0

The latest update (0.6.8) seems to have worked for me as far as Jailbreaking goes BUT after what seemed to be a successful installation of ATV Flash nothing has changed ie I still have the basic Apple firmware and no other options. I'm off to the ATV Flash troubleshooting thread now, what a fcking laugh this is.

January 23, 2011 - 7:34pm (Reply to #32)
cj28739's picture

I have the same problem.  I have tryed everthing to no luck.  Just anone who can help. 

January 23, 2011 - 8:37pm
rivals's picture

Moved question to own thread, not entirely relevant to this.

January 24, 2011 - 6:37am
alekc.1764's picture

I bought this software on Oct 2010 and still I can't use it. Quite frustrating but I understand is not so simple.My only concern is that I don't understand if the jailbreak is a problem or the seasonpassBut still as far as I can see no one could install

January 24, 2011 - 9:58am
jbuczko's picture

Im confused.  Are you suppose to install the seas0npass when the aTV2 in near the TV.  Does the aTV2 lose the tethered boot process when i disconnect the power.  I was configuring the aTV2 on my iMAC and when i move the aTV2 back to the TV (in another room) I only get a silver Apple and then black screen.  Am i doing something wrong.  The other instructions are great.  I can go through the process but it doesn't work and I dont have a TV near my PC to test my theory of the HDMI cable and not turning off the power.

January 24, 2011 - 12:25pm (Reply to #36)
gustavk.33186's picture

I have exactly the same problem. a successful installation/boot but only basic Apple menus.....

January 25, 2011 - 2:27pm
karsten's picture

I´ve tried everything you are suggesting but it doesn´t help I still get no further than to the "Itunes restore script failed, selecting IPSW in Finder" error. It just stops there.I´m using SP 0.6.8(27).One thing to note is that I do not have this folder on my macbook Pro: ~/Library/Logs/SP_Debug.logWhen you say (3) we need to disconnect all other iOS devices do you mean physically or also if they are paired with the computer? I have no physical connections to anything but the aTV but I do have paired units. Thanks-k 

January 26, 2011 - 3:09pm (Reply to #38)
stolowmd12's picture

Hi This JB is a tethered one meaning once you loose power its back to square one and you need to do another tethered reboot.  You will need to have the ATV, TV and computer all within the same space or a really really long power cord.  If you disconnect the power it wont work.  I really hope this helps.

January 26, 2011 - 10:18pm
jbuczko's picture

Thanks. That does help

January 28, 2011 - 2:25am
AntztA's picture

If anyone is having trouble entering DFU mode, I have good news. After much fiddling, I discovered a way to get into DFU mode 100% of the time. It's the Power Supply that is key here. 1. Disconnect everything from ATV.2. Plug in USB to ATV & other end to your Computer & wait until for the consistent flash (4 or 5 seconds usually).3. Hold MENU & PLAY/PAUSE for 7 seconds. DFU MODE ENTERED!!!4. Plug in Power Supply to ATV. Done!Let me know how you go.