596 posts / 0 new / Last post
  January 28, 2011 - 1:30pm (Reply to #41)
breban's picture
Kudos: 0
  breban wrote:

I've been unable to get my Atv 2 into DFU mode.  Tried the instructions and other tricks online but still won't work.  Any suggestions?  I'm on 4.1.1.

I finally found a solution to my problem.  The Seas0npass instructions mention to keep your aTV unplugged prior to entering it into DFU mode.  However, the power cord has to be recently removed prior to doing the 'Menu/Play' step with your remote.  The jailbreak steps work best when the computer and the TV are close by.  Mine weren't and having to plugging and unplugging the power defintely caused issues.  I ended up bringing my mac by my TV and doing everything from there.  Hope this helps and saves others some time.

January 28, 2011 - 3:48pm
ShankedGolfer's picture

I tried multiple times to jailbreak my atv. LOL i never plugged it in and started it up normaly. Just when for the hack. Restored it and started it up. Then re jailbroke it. Booted up fine Grin yay Grin

January 29, 2011 - 1:47pm
Orijnal's picture

I posted my detailed steps for a successful tethered boot here: http://forum.firecore.com/topic/3683?page=1#comment-14155 It works every time. Good luck!

January 30, 2011 - 4:17pm
etsolow's picture
  james wrote:

6. The bug relating to the AppleTV forgetting wireless networks has been a known issue in all AppleTV jailbreaks to this point. Update: The wifi bug has been fixed in version 0.6.9.

Not fixed for me. Using Sea0nPass 0.6.7 and 0.6.8 resulted in ethernet working but WiFi not working. Same is still true for me with 0.6.9 so I'm back to stock firmware. Maybe the WiFi fix and the untether will come out at the same time! Tongue

January 30, 2011 - 4:25pm (Reply to #45)
DavePDX's picture

Did you do a restore to stock firmware before using Seas0nPass .0.6.9?  That's what it took to bring WiFi back to life for me. I had the same issue, where ethernet worked but wifi did not.

January 30, 2011 - 4:27pm (Reply to #46)
etsolow's picture

Yes, I did the stock restore before 0.6.9.

January 31, 2011 - 6:15pm
niklasw's picture

Hi and thanks for all the hard work!I am so close now...

• Successfully created new IPSW 
  • Successfully jailbroke
  • Manage to put in DFU (almost every time :))
  • Seas0npass detects DFU and transfers two files and says DONE!
  • I connect HDMI and get hanging iTunes logo on TV.

I am on 220V power but that should not matter, right? I had it running successfully without jailbreak.Should I be on wired LAN? Is it perhaps the fact that I am on wireless LAN that causes the problems?I have tried every unplug/plugin power/usb trick I have found.Thankfull for any hints.

February 1, 2011 - 8:19pm
stevew.1194's picture

RE Jail braking the aTVI have a w2nd version aTV and the ATV flash  wont find my aTV?? steve 

February 1, 2011 - 8:41pm
jimc.8990's picture

so what you are saying is ,when finished the jailbreak and the boot tether when prompted to disconnect usb that the power has to stay connected to the atvis there another way of doing this as my computer and tv are not side by sideor do we have to wait for a untethered update??????? 

February 2, 2011 - 5:35am
dannymak's picture

Unable to upload IBSS! I have lastest itunes 10.1.2 , Seas0nPass 0.69(036).I get unable to upload IBSS! error message when tethering my ATV2Attached SP_Debug.log file.Thank you very much .