596 posts / 0 new / Last post
  March 12, 2012 - 2:03pm
servous's picture
Kudos: 0

@ormanton Great stuff! After some work I managed to get it to work. A big thank you! Smile

March 12, 2012 - 7:08pm
philuc's picture

Hi Jame,

I try to jailbreak my atv2,the seas0n pass keep get the error the apple tv not eligible for this version.

Can you hepl me out.

Thanks

March 12, 2012 - 11:38pm
ritov.7081's picture

Thanks!!! it works great!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all owe you!!!!

March 12, 2012 - 11:41pm (Reply to #244)
ritov.7081's picture
  philuc wrote:

Hi Jame,

I try to jailbreak my atv2,the seas0n pass keep get the error the apple tv not eligible for this version.

Can you hepl me out.

Thanks

You need to read the instructions and follow them to the letter, you might need to read them twice, you might of missed a step. It worked for me.

March 18, 2012 - 7:03am
thakidsteve's picture

I seem to have a problem with seasonpass i have apple tv 2 running 4.4.4 but when i open seasonpass it says this apple tv is ineligible -_-

March 18, 2012 - 11:24am (Reply to #246)
RedAir's picture
  thakidsteve wrote:

I seem to have a problem with seasonpass i have apple tv 2 running 4.4.4 but when i open seasonpass it says this apple tv is ineligible -_-

I have spent 37 hrs to get this to work, all with several methods, software, even on Mac or Windows.

Isn´t there a "bullet proof" way to make it work? Video guides. I can even pay for a service....

March 18, 2012 - 11:37am (Reply to #247)
ormanton's picture
  RedAir wrote:

I have spent 37 hrs to get this to work, all with several methods, software, even on Mac or Windows. Isn´t there a "bullet proof" way to make it work? Video guides. I can even pay for a service....

do step by step and it will work http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7279 read every letter.

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

March 18, 2012 - 12:03pm (Reply to #248)
RedAir's picture
  ormanton wrote:

do step by step and it will work http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7279 read every letter.

I sure did, everything just worked fine, but when i started AtvFlash Black, it says is NOT JailBreaked...

March 18, 2012 - 12:37pm (Reply to #249)
ormanton's picture
  RedAir wrote:

I sure did, everything just worked fine, but when i started AtvFlash Black, it says is NOT JailBreaked...

I think you missed something somewhere. It easy to get confused during all work from step 1 to step17. It sounds for me that you restored in itunes firmware without 2 custom seasonpass dmg files inside.

All that story in short would look as that: you are creating 2 firmwares . One signed using ifaith, another custom seasonpass. You shall take out 2 gmg files from seasonpass created firmware and inject it to ifaith signed firmware. all that ifaith firmware with 2 dmg files from seasonpass restore in itunes usin ireb.

Try again from fresh, delete all files (DO NOT DELETE SHSH BLOBS) and start over steb by step, it MUST work.

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

March 18, 2012 - 1:40pm (Reply to #250)
RedAir's picture
  ormanton wrote:

I think you missed something somewhere. It easy to get confused during all work from step 1 to step17. It sounds for me that you restored in itunes firmware without 2 custom seasonpass dmg files inside.

All that story in short would look as that: you are creating 2 firmwares . One signed using ifaith, another custom seasonpass. You shall take out 2 gmg files from seasonpass created firmware and inject it to ifaith signed firmware. all that ifaith firmware with 2 dmg files from seasonpass restore in itunes usin ireb.

Try again from fresh, delete all files (DO NOT DELETE SHSH BLOBS) and start over steb by step, it MUST work.

Sure i can, i will even make screencast of it...

March 30, 2012 - 1:13am
heshamg's picture

Hello everyone,

I just got ATV2 and it is running 4.4.3 (3323) and I can't seem to find anywhere instructions that work! If I download the latest version of seas0npass and click on create IPSW, once I connect the ATV2, it just says that this version is not eligible! Please help.

Thanks in advance.

March 31, 2012 - 12:54am
francoiannuzzi8's picture

Hello, I can get it in dfu mode but no dfiles transfer , how long is that suppose to take??

March 31, 2012 - 2:30am
paulr.9203's picture

All good for me except I have to tether boot every time which is impractical because my PC is nowhere near my TV. Is there any way around this?

March 31, 2012 - 2:56am (Reply to #254)
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 106
  paulr.9203 wrote:

All good for me except I have to tether boot every time which is impractical because my PC is nowhere near my TV. Is there any way around this?

Not until an untethered jailbreak is available for the 5.0 firmware. No idea of the ETA for that.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

March 31, 2012 - 3:09am (Reply to #255)
paulr.9203's picture
  itimpi wrote:

Not until an untethered jailbreak is available for the 5.0 firmware. No idea of the ETA for that.

Sadness :| thanks for the reply though

March 31, 2012 - 3:45am
flip2403's picture

i´ve got the same prob...

jailbreak is running without any probs...

if i put the HDMI-plug in the aTV2 it screams after iTunes Frown

that means: waiting for an untethered jailbreak????

April 1, 2012 - 10:38am
Oletho's picture

Also did the JB without a problem, but never made it past the USB logo on countless tethered bootups.

Ended up restoring the standard image. No aTV Flash this time.

April 1, 2012 - 12:57pm
Bosonator's picture

Can anyone confirm a jailbreak of a version 5.0 aTV2? When I get to step 4 and connect the micro USB, there is no response (e.g. flashing lights) on the aTV unit, and I can proceed no further. I have tried getting into DFU mode by connecting the power cord at this point (as suggested in the troubleshooting tips), but that ends one of two ways: 1) If I disconnect the power cord when the iTunes restore process starts (as suggested in the tips), I get an error about the script failing; 2) If I leave the power cord plugged in, the restore process completes without complaint, but then I reattach the aTV to my TV and the "Settings" icon has not changed to the fireCore logo, suggesting that the unit is not actually jailbroken.

Miscellaneous observation: when my aTV is plugged into my Macbook, the "Caps Lock" light blinks slowly, with a period of about 20 seconds.

Macbook Pro, OS X version 10.6.8
Apple TV 2 (black), version 5.0

April 2, 2012 - 1:25pm
Orweelian's picture

I'm new to this, and have been watching videos and reading closely the process.  Unfortunately, I am getting exactly the same problem that Oletho is having.  

Everything appears to work just as it is supposed to, then when the USB is removed, and HDMI plugged in, the aTV is stuck at the USB/iTunes logo.

Hopefully I can figure it out.

Thx

April 2, 2012 - 3:05pm
jon.robertsoz's picture

No matter what i do i can not get the ATV2 get into DFU mode. I have followed the instructions and all the troubleshooting guides and still nothing happens...

I am on V5.0 for ATV

April 3, 2012 - 1:03pm
grantbwood's picture

Hi There

have gone through the whole process but when I connect back to the TV i get the big Apple logo with the USB connecter?

I have been through this a few times.

Cheers

Grant

April 3, 2012 - 1:07pm (Reply to #262)
matty's picture
  grantbwood wrote:

Hi There

have gone through the whole process but when I connect back to the TV i get the big Apple logo with the USB connecter?

I have been through this a few times.

Cheers

Grant

Orweelian wrote:

I'm new to this, and have been watching videos and reading closely the process.  Unfortunately, I am getting exactly the same problem that Oletho is having.  

Everything appears to work just as it is supposed to, then when the USB is removed, and HDMI plugged in, the aTV is stuck at the USB/iTunes logo.

Hopefully I can figure it out.

Thx

Which iOS did the both of you flash? Was it the latest version? If so you need to boot it tethered.

April 3, 2012 - 1:56pm (Reply to #263)
grantbwood's picture
  matty wrote:

Which iOS did the both of you flash? Was it the latest version? If so you need to boot it tethered.

I am running iOS 5 .

When I got the Apple/Usb screen I plugged it back into the Mac and did an Alt R restore and pointed it back to the file that Seasonpass install. That got the iOS 5 working with on jailbreak

I have been using an untethered optiion

Have tried the tethered option, same result. But one question when I unplug the usb and replace it with the HDMI, does the HDMI need to be plugged into the TV. My Mac is in one room and the TV in Another

April 3, 2012 - 2:06pm
Orweelian's picture

I am using the latest versions of everything, and am also following the tethered boot instructions.  

I'm using a laptop next to my TV, and don't have to take the power cord out when I switch from USB to HDMI.

April 3, 2012 - 2:24pm (Reply to #265)
grantbwood's picture
  grantbwood wrote:

I am running iOS 5 .

When I got the Apple/Usb screen I plugged it back into the Mac and did an Alt R restore and pointed it back to the file that Seasonpass install. That got the iOS 5 working with on jailbreak

I have been using an untethered optiion

Have tried the tethered option, same result. But one question when I unplug the usb and replace it with the HDMI, does the HDMI need to be plugged into the TV. My Mac is in one room and the TV in Another

It worked. Put the iMac next to TV

Thanx

April 4, 2012 - 8:50am (Reply to #266)
thakidsteve's picture
  Bosonator wrote:

Can anyone confirm a jailbreak of a version 5.0 aTV2? When I get to step 4 and connect the micro USB, there is no response (e.g. flashing lights) on the aTV unit, and I can proceed no further. I have tried getting into DFU mode by connecting the power cord at this point (as suggested in the troubleshooting tips), but that ends one of two ways: 1) If I disconnect the power cord when the iTunes restore process starts (as suggested in the tips), I get an error about the script failing; 2) If I leave the power cord plugged in, the restore process completes without complaint, but then I reattach the aTV to my TV and the "Settings" icon has not changed to the fireCore logo, suggesting that the unit is not actually jailbroken.

Miscellaneous observation: when my aTV is plugged into my Macbook, the "Caps Lock" light blinks slowly, with a period of about 20 seconds.

your there but its a tethered so after doing the restore with itunes. You need to have the apple tv connected to the power next to the tv because you will not be able to disconnect the power again. put when you are ready you open seasonpass and click on boot tethered. then when done just put in your hdmi and disconnect the usb and you should be officially jailbroken

April 4, 2012 - 9:26am (Reply to #267)
insomniac75's picture
  MetalPhreak wrote:
  pmcd wrote:

- connect usb (wait 10 secs or so) and then the power

- press menu+down for 6 secs ( until you get the faster flashing)

- remove the power <-- this is the key <---- Seriously, this is really important.

- put the ATV into DFU mode by menu+play for 7 secs or so ( until faster flashing)

- plug in power

- it tranfers what it needs to

- you get this weird error at the end but disregard

- disconnect usb and plug in HDMI and then my network cable

Thanks for this. It's what actually got Seas0nPass to work flawlessly on my macbook pro. No errors with restore at all. You have to do the same thing each time you do a tethered boot as well. 

before this, i was getting pretty much every different error you could think of Grin 1600/1602 mainly

This worked for me too.

Had the same issues.

April 4, 2012 - 7:34pm (Reply to #268)
Bosonator's picture
  thakidsteve wrote:

your there but its a tethered so after doing the restore with itunes. You need to have the apple tv connected to the power next to the tv because you will not be able to disconnect the power again. put when you are ready you open seasonpass and click on boot tethered. then when done just put in your hdmi and disconnect the usb and you should be officially jailbroken

When I try the teathered boot option, I get a message saying something like "This device is not compatible with this exploit".

Macbook Pro, OS X version 10.6.8
Apple TV 2 (black), version 5.0

April 5, 2012 - 4:45am
cosmo24.de's picture

i did everyting as well without getting anny errors but i allwas get the original Home screen of Apple an not the Jailbraked?

What do i wrong?

April 5, 2012 - 12:57pm
midwaymonstercv's picture

I get all the way to "iTunes restore script successful!" and then nothing happens. I left it running like that all day and when I got home from work still has not changed. I have tried several times and changed micro usb cable. Have atv 5.0 and newest seaso0npass. Help