6 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  January 16, 2011 - 7:05pm
rsands's picture
Kudos: 0

Hello all-

I know this is a common problem. And I know there are answers out there. But none of them worked for me. Here's the dilemna:

After jailbreaking and tether-booting (is that the right way to say it?) ATV (black), I quickly plug in HDMI. The Apple TV successfully shows up on the TV screen. So, I enter wifi, and homesharing passwords. Next I go back to the computer and attempt to install ATV Flash (black). Problem 1: ATV Flash not installed / nothing changes on ATV after computer says "Install Successful." The problem here is most likely the jailbreak process. Something's not right.

Next, I restart the Apple TV (either by holding Menu-down, or physically unplugging it - I've gone through this process several times). Problem 2: On startup, Apple logo screen is displayed, and never goes away. Thus, I need to restore the ATV to factory defaults and start all over again. Again, this must be a problem of the jailbreak process. I have followed all direction carefully, tried every tip out there, and, in total, have probably attempted 12 or 13 times (call me crazy!). 

One question (and this may sound dumb): Does the ATV need to be "tether booted" or whatever through Seas0nPass to run ATV Flash (black)?

I would really appreciate some help from anyone. I really want to get something for my money!

Thanks,

Hopeful ATV Flash User (although angry at the moment).

January 16, 2011 - 8:51pm
SLS's picture
SLS

you question is not dumb at all. 

You are getting the apple logo screen because if the unit looses power then the apple tv needs to go through the tether process again. 

January 16, 2011 - 11:19pm (Reply to #2)
pmcd's picture

"You are getting the apple logo screen because if the unit looses power then the apple tv needs to go through the tether process again. "

What  is the ATV is rebooted with the power on. Does it need to go through that process again ( the tether one)? 

philip

January 17, 2011 - 12:52am (Reply to #3)
Chris H's picture

This happened to me 1 day after i Jailbroke my atv2.  Unfortunately, my seas0npass could not recognise my atv2 and i had to restore through iTunes and JB it again.

I hope you have better luck than me.

January 19, 2011 - 5:14pm
rsands's picture

OK, so does this mean that if I want to use ATV Flash my ATV cannot be unplugged or restarted, unless I want to go through this whole restore process again? This would be a problem for me considering I have 2 TVs that I'd like to share the ATV with. Thanks for your help....

January 22, 2011 - 9:49pm
jenniferw.5356's picture

after getting the same logo I retethered and ran the firecore install again and it worked for everything except couch surfer and xbmc