3 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  January 21, 2011 - 5:29pm
pmcd's picture
Kudos: 0

I have a jailbroken ATV2 ( not via seasonpass). It is running 4.2.1 and so I tethered booted it. I can ssh to it and so on. I would like to to install ATVFlash beta 2 but I  am unclear as to whether or not it will require a complete restart of the ATV2 and hence that whole tether boot thing again. Or just it just require a restart of the GUI?

philip

January 24, 2011 - 1:34pm
barni's picture

I've just installed aTV Flash (black) which, unfortunately, wasn't as straightforward as I hoped it would be. The good news, though, is that you don't need a tethered boot after installing aTV Flash with the installer.

Putting the ATV2 into DFU mode was a hassle for me and required a lot of trial and error. Secondly, after first installing aTV Flash, the TV screen was just black although I could stream music and could at least hear the movie sound. The user interface appeared, however, after the second try.

Barni

February 5, 2011 - 12:30am (Reply to #2)
kamal079's picture

barni,

Could you please explain the steps?. I did install the ATV flash without putting the ATV2 into DFU mode.  I am not sure how to put the ATV2 in DFU mode when powered on.