26 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  February 19, 2011 - 12:38pm
craigm.1355's picture
Kudos: 0

So, here is the story thus far:

1. Unsucessful GP RC6.1 install

2. Clean restore

3. Sucessful GP RC6.1 install

4. Connected to WiFi, Home Sharing working, AirPlay enabled, get error in subject

5. Read forums, say to install XBMC, says installing, restarts LowTide and no XBMC menu

6. I have updated nitoTV, Rebooted AppleTV, Restarted LowTide, updated All, and several combinations thereof and still get the error trying to install aTV2 Flash!

FWIW, I can get Weather, RSS Feeds without problems.  It seems like nitoTV and aTV Flash just cannot install software on my box!

Anyone have any ideas?

February 19, 2011 - 1:36pm
craigm.1355's picture

XBMC is now installed via SSH, but still get same error trying aTV Flash install ... next going to try installing aTV Flash via SSH ...

February 19, 2011 - 1:53pm
craigm.1355's picture

OK ... what a pain in the ass!!!  I finally got the Maintenance menu by entering the following in ssh:

apt-get install --reinstall com.firecore.maintenance

February 19, 2011 - 2:01pm
craigm.1355's picture

No dice!  I have the menu but nothing installs ... same thing that happens with nitoTV, etc.  It appears to install, restarts LowTide then nothing there even after a reboot.  I guess I'll be installing all the apps manually from the command line.  What a disappointing way to spend $20 ...

February 19, 2011 - 2:56pm (Reply to #4)
marcop.9383's picture

same here.... errror 8100! boh!!!!!! hope moderator will solve it soon!

February 19, 2011 - 3:06pm
håkan.5814's picture

Same for me, did same procedure RC 6 (not as this time with rc 6.1) for about a week ago worked like a charm .. could it be rc 6.1 that messes things up... think i still have rc 6 on harddrive must try ...

February 19, 2011 - 3:17pm (Reply to #6)
marcop.9383's picture

may be... i used gp rc6.1 and installed xbmc before to try install atvflash.... same error trying qwith mac and pc!

February 19, 2011 - 3:49pm (Reply to #7)
håkan.5814's picture

no luck with gp r6.0 either Frown im running jailbreak on pc ...

February 19, 2011 - 3:51pm (Reply to #8)
marcop.9383's picture

good luck! Wink

February 19, 2011 - 4:47pm
marktobitt's picture

jailbroke with seas0npass. installed plex, xbmc, nito, all via command line. everything works (except i cant get xbmc to find a server, and plex has errors for all my files but at least finds the server, but thats another story)

bought atv flash black, hangs on transferring files for a while then gives the error maintenance error 8.100. bit dissapointed i spent $20 and it won't even install Frown any ideas of a fix for this? i was hoping the plex client installed through atv flash would work properly.

February 20, 2011 - 7:28am
georger.0863's picture

Maintenance package depends on nito.wifi, which breaks nito.nitotv. Some dependencies to sort out.

February 20, 2011 - 8:29am
grantmusic's picture

I've also installed maintenance from the command line and cannot get any packages to install is there some other way to install couch surfer via command line?. (that installer was awful.... I tried it on different PC's multiple OS's same exact error I wish while it was transfering files it would also show total progress so atleast I have an idea of what is going on.)

February 20, 2011 - 11:42am
benjamina.4898's picture

I have the same issue, and also used GP RC6 to jailbreak. I bought aTV Flash when it first went beta and have been skeptical of trying it because I've been seeing complaints in forums. I finally tried it because I felt that with a beta 3 that a lot of the issues should be worked out.  I was wrong, and very disappointed. I'm a software engineer myself, so I do understand bugs do happen.  I think the firecore team should pay attention the number of complaints and consider a little higher quality and more testing around it's public betas, otherwise don't make it publicly available. The good news is that this particular issue doesn't stop me from using my aTV how I have been, however, I'm starting to question the quality of the software firecore is releasing.

February 20, 2011 - 12:28pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,080

Sorry, this was related to a network issue with one of the update servers.

It has now been fixed and all installs should work normally.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

February 20, 2011 - 1:28pm
marcop.9383's picture

thank you so much!!!!! installation ok!!!! Wink Wink Wink

February 20, 2011 - 1:29pm (Reply to #15)
hfisbach's picture

It's a little bit better! Wink , Apple TV comes up again, but no maintenance menu!!!!!!!

Is it possible that there are the wrong debs in the Installer??????

February 20, 2011 - 2:33pm
johnw.617101's picture

You can login via SSH and forcibly reinstall the apps from the command line.

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install --reinstall  com.firecore.maintenance

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install --reinstall  com.firecore.couchsurfer

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install --reinstall  com.plex.client-plugin

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install --reinstall  com.firecore.lastfm

Then reboot or restart lowtide from the nitoTV menu, or just pull the plug count to five and plug it back in.

maintenance is a software installer/updater

couchsurfer is a web browser - works

plex is a plex media server client - works

last.fm is a pandora like streaming service client - works

February 20, 2011 - 3:16pm
johnw.617101's picture

Maintenance app wasn't too useful for me yet, so removed it.

Plex has some interesting plugins but seems to be more useful for beyond the USA content. Installing the Plex Media Server also seemed to interfere with iTunes serving of content to AppleTV2 and couldn't live without that.. so removed and purged the Plex Media Server and then the Plex app on the ATV2.

Overflow - (major issue) if you take the [Computers] off the main menu, [Movies] and [TV Shows] loose their Coverflow Art.. really didn't like that, but put it back and they come back.. kinda panicked me because it was such a drastic change. (may be seeing more flakiness with the CoverArt but not sure yet).

My opinion is the XBMC app with the bluecop plugins make a huge difference in the content choices available.

Also the Last.fm app makes a powerful addition.

February 20, 2011 - 3:51pm (Reply to #18)
pmcd's picture

Hmm ... when I launch the atvflash (beta3) installer it sees my ATV's but it just hangs. Nothing gets transferred and I have to force quit the installer. I have manually installed Plex and Overflow. I removed nitoTV. Perhaps that is the issue?

philip

Edit: Hmm ... it seems to need a nitotv library. I installed that and it installed.

February 20, 2011 - 6:22pm
marktobitt's picture

installed fine this evening Grin

March 26, 2011 - 12:21am (Reply to #20)
adrianamos's picture

Beta4 1 month this is still an issue! This is ridiculous!

March 28, 2011 - 2:09am
adidas16385's picture

I had the same issues after jailbreaking with RC6 and not being able to install the aTV Flash Beta 4. 

I followed the directions johnw put up and it works flawlessly now!! Thanks!

March 28, 2011 - 4:11am (Reply to #22)
timd.4762's picture

Ah - thanks for this. Got Maintenance to work so I'll see how far I can get..

March 29, 2011 - 1:57am (Reply to #23)
ndi01's picture
  johnw.617101 wrote:

You can login via SSH and forcibly reinstall the apps from the command line.

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install --reinstall  com.firecore.maintenance

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install --reinstall  com.firecore.couchsurfer

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install --reinstall  com.plex.client-plugin

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install --reinstall  com.firecore.lastfm

Then reboot or restart lowtide from the nitoTV menu, or just pull the plug count to five and plug it back in.

maintenance is a software installer/updater

couchsurfer is a web browser - works

plex is a plex media server client - works

last.fm is a pandora like streaming service client - works

Hi John,

what about the NitoTV? How can I reboot/restart lowtide from nitoTV if I even don't have nitoTV installed because of the maintenance error? or does it appear after doing the installation "Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install --reinstall  com.firecore.maintenance"?

Andreas

March 29, 2011 - 9:14am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,080

We just released an updated (Beta4) installer which should resolve the 8.100 issues some users are seeing.

You can grab the latest version through the Downloads tab in your account.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Sorry for the trouble.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

March 29, 2011 - 10:48pm (Reply to #25)
michaelg.04767's picture

I just tried loading ATV Flash blcak using the Beta 4 version, I get the error 8.100 error. Now when I try and reboot my Apple TV it is stuck on the boot-up splash screen with the Apple logo. Can't even use my atv at all now!