237 posts / 0 new / Last post
  August 25, 2011 - 7:43am (Reply to #61)
grejh0t's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0
  fimedina wrote:

I found it under User/Library/itunes/Apple Tv software updates/    I used Lion for this but if use Windows, just search in google for the location.

 

i got it working , dl the fw from other source and placed it on desktop , and now it worked Smile

g0t mac ?

  August 26, 2011 - 11:33am
activstudios's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

error 21 here

  August 28, 2011 - 9:36pm (Reply to #63)
referee77's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Dude!!  Thank you!!!!!

I have two Apple TV's, and the first one worked perfect from start to finish the very first time.

Then the following day I attempted to do the same to my second Apple TV, but this one did not go so smoothly.  Ran into Error 1601 and I tried for days to solve it.  Tried different methods, tried three different PC's, tried all the software options...nothing.

Following your method of plugging in power, then usb, then DFU, then unplugging worked first time I tried it after reading your post.

Thank you thank you!!!!

 

  cejones wrote:

Well,

  I finally got my AppleTV to jailbreak.  

 

Things to note:

 

  Getting it into DFU mode never worked simply by connecting the micro-USB cable and then holding down the menu and play buttons on the remote.  Sure, the LED light would start to blink really fast after 7 seconds, but my Mac and/or SeasonPass software did not recognize it going into DFU mode.

What did work was first connecting the power cable... then the USB cable, and then holding down the two buttons for 7 seconds.   Of course, if you leave the power connected when iTunes starts to restore it, you will get an Error 21 and it fails...

So, after SeasonPass recognized it in DFU mode, I disconnected the power cable and then iTunes restore worked fine. 

 

I then bought ATv Black and installed it.  So far so good!

  August 29, 2011 - 3:49am
serge0007's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Im having issued trying to jailbreak my new aTV i purchased yesterday, my
wife updated it while she was playing around with it and i cant seem to get
the jailbreak through.

i have a MAC with Lion OSX
and iTunes (10.4.1)
im trying to use SeasonPass 0.7.8
and the my IPSW AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455_Restore.ipsw

it does the whole process of creating the IPSW
then i go into DFU mode fine and it starts installing via iTunes, but this is
when the problems start.

i get error code 14. and 16 and 21

iv tried 3 differnt cables and also tried Redsnow but that says my IPSW is
not a valid file

nothing i can find on the net seems to help.

any advice?

serge

  August 29, 2011 - 3:54am (Reply to #65)
serge0007's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0
  grejh0t wrote:

got the same problem as mikew.3516 , can't even restore to default 

hey guys i had the same problem and i had to go to tinyumbrella then advanced and then unclick the first option about cydia

  August 29, 2011 - 9:38am (Reply to #66)
referee77's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

I am not sure if it is at all relavent or not, but thought I should mention it...

The Apple TV2 that worked perfect the first time, had never before been Jailbroken.

The Apple TV2 that experienced problems, had previously been Jailbroken. 

I don't know if that played a factor in anything...but it could be?

 

  referee77 wrote:

Dude!!  Thank you!!!!!

I have two Apple TV's, and the first one worked perfect from start to finish the very first time.

Then the following day I attempted to do the same to my second Apple TV, but this one did not go so smoothly.  Ran into Error 1601 and I tried for days to solve it.  Tried different methods, tried three different PC's, tried all the software options...nothing.

Following your method of plugging in power, then usb, then DFU, then unplugging worked first time I tried it after reading your post.

Thank you thank you!!!!

 

  September 2, 2011 - 10:53am
yeroc19821's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
Kudos: 0

After I adjust the host file in Tinyumbrella, am I supposed to have tinyumbrella open before I run seasonpass? What is tinyumbrella for? Do I need to use it for anything else before I jailbreak with seasonPass?

  September 10, 2011 - 11:47am
spaceface's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 22
Kudos: 0

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:84:]]After a few repeat tries, I got a "iTunes restore script successful!" message.

iTunes then started working away and I then got a message from iTunes saying "The AppleTV "AppleTV" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

Does that mean that there have been no changes made to my AppleTV? How can I tell when it's jailbroken.

I'm only doing this to get aTV Flash installed but don't want to buy the software until I get the jailbreaking done, as I may not even manage to do that. It doesn't appear to be easy!

I have a new AppleTV (black) and a non-unibody white MacBook and want to use ATV to watch non itunes movies without converting them.

I haven't seen any posts with this error message (I don't know where the error numbers are indicated, could someone let me know where they are)

Cheers

space

  September 12, 2011 - 6:27am (Reply to #69)
drm0223's picture
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 57
Kudos: 0
  spaceface wrote:

After a few repeat tries, I got a "iTunes restore script successful!" message.

iTunes then started working away and I then got a message from iTunes saying "The AppleTV "AppleTV" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

Does that mean that there have been no changes made to my AppleTV? How can I tell when it's jailbroken.

I'm only doing this to get aTV Flash installed but don't want to buy the software until I get the jailbreaking done, as I may not even manage to do that. It doesn't appear to be easy!

I have a new AppleTV (black) and a non-unibody white MacBook and want to use ATV to watch non itunes movies without converting them.

I haven't seen any posts with this error message (I don't know where the error numbers are indicated, could someone let me know where they are)

Cheers

space

Exact same problem here.  Could you use advice or an update that works!

  September 14, 2011 - 12:20am
andrewburgason's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

I had an error 21, finally just followed the tiny umbrella instructions and it worked. I also, did a manual restore, fairly certain tiny umbrella did its magic. Thanks James for all your help! Works flawless now!

andrew

  September 15, 2011 - 12:26am
spaceface's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 22
Kudos: 0

OK…so the answer is…or was for me…follow the instructions in the advice given (in posting number 1)… Not having a clue about TinyUmberella and Shshsses and bling blang blongs I thought i'd just miss that whole step out. I'm usually very good at following instructions and advice…..

 

Anyway, I installed, ran  and changed Tiny Umbrella as instructed. Simple. Ran Seas0nPass, as instructed (using an Amazon basics micro USB cable). And that was it!! mkv, avi etc all looking good!!

I have one question…do I need to change back the one setting I changed in Tiny Umbrella. Is that going to affect anything else I do. Also, I've switched off auto update on Apple TV. I take it that's the right thing to do?

Now I need to work out how to get subtitles working!!! Any tips?

 

  September 17, 2011 - 9:20am
xrak's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

I got past Error 21 by disabling Antivir (Antivirus Software).

  October 6, 2011 - 9:53am
metalg's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

Thanks for the info, just what i needed... now i'm enjoying AppleTV goodness. After a week of trying to flash the atv with the custom firmware without success due to the itunes "not eligible" error.

  October 10, 2011 - 5:56pm (Reply to #74)
john s.8916's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

[I tried using the Retrak cable which was the only one available at Frys but apparently it does not work. I tried using the little umbrella program but got java errors  cant find jvm files etc

  October 27, 2011 - 5:36pm
jamest.8685's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 58
Kudos: 1
  October 30, 2011 - 7:40am
pako.2398@gmail.com's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Hi,

I followed the instructions to install the latest Seas0nPass Update for AppleTV 4.4. When trying to restore in iTunes, I receive following error message:

"An unknown error (-15006) occurred while connecting to the AirPlay device “Apple TV”."

In the Seas0n's pass window it says: "iTunes restore script failed!, selecting IPSW in Finder..." => after clicking on DONE, nothing happens!

In the finder, I find following files:
SeasonPass =>
     AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455.bundle
     AppleTV2,1_4.4.2_9A336a.bundle
     Firmware =>
          AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455_SP_Restore.ipsw
          AppleTV2,1_4.4.2_9A336a_SP_Restore.ipsw

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue? I have read all the threads, visited apple trouble shooting page to look up the error code (-15006), but cannot resolve this.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

P

  November 9, 2011 - 1:18am
Robo Term's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Hello my friends,

 

I got the final solution for you Wink

1.) Download the latest Apple TV IPSW by yourself. Google will help you to find download links. Be sure that you get the latest.

2.) In Seas0npass hold 'Shift' while clicking "Create custom IPSW" though that you can select the IPSW you've downloaded before.

3.) Download the latest version of iREB from iHatesn0w.

4.) Start itunes.

5.) Put your Apple TV in DFU mode:

  • Connect your Apple TV 2 with your Computer via microUSB.
  • Now reboot your Apple TV by holding down Menu + Down buttons together for around 6 seconds.
  • After reboot, immediately hold Menu + Play until you see the message in iTunes saying that Apple TV in recovery mode is detected.
  • Now close iTunes and launch the iREB tool that you had downloaded earlier.
  • Click on the relevant device from the iREB screen and wait for few seconds until iREB messages You that your Apple TV is in pwned DFU mode and ready to restore.

6.) Now start iTunes again and select your iOS device from the left hand side side bar

7.) While on the iTunes window, hold the Shift key and click on the 'Restore' button. 

(By holding down the ‘Shift’ button, allows you choose the custom iOS firmware file created using Seas0npass).

Navigate and select the custom iOS IPSW file to restore your iOS device with it.

8.) After this, follow the steps from here http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605-jailbreaking-101-seas0npass to boot tethered and install aTVFlash.

Worked fine for me Smile

 

  November 15, 2011 - 7:30am
helpdesk's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

Experienced many of the restore errors mentioned above, couldnt restore 2 of my apple tv's to IOS 4.3. Also had issues restoring them back to factory defaults. Looked at several methods of jailbreak greenp0ison etc, changed micro cable used tinyumbrella all to no avail. Everytime the restore procedure looked to the apple servers to verify the restore failed.

Resolution: I realised i wasn't using the the latest season pass software. I was conviced i had the right one, worth re-checking your revision of seaosnpass it may save you 2 days of heartache ! Cool

  November 17, 2011 - 12:51pm (Reply to #79)
ruiolmi's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
  spaceface wrote:

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:84:]]After a few repeat tries, I got a "iTunes restore script successful!" message.

iTunes then started working away and I then got a message from iTunes saying "The AppleTV "AppleTV" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

Does that mean that there have been no changes made to my AppleTV? How can I tell when it's jailbroken.

I'm only doing this to get aTV Flash installed but don't want to buy the software until I get the jailbreaking done, as I may not even manage to do that. It doesn't appear to be easy!

I have a new AppleTV (black) and a non-unibody white MacBook and want to use ATV to watch non itunes movies without converting them.

I haven't seen any posts with this error message (I don't know where the error numbers are indicated, could someone let me know where they are)

Cheers

space

 

I have the same problem, plaese help us!

  November 17, 2011 - 1:24pm
spaceface's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 22
Kudos: 0

ruiolmi

I think after this happened I went back and did the Tiny Umbrella stuff (mentioned in the first post) as I hadn't done that before. It then worked fine.

  November 18, 2011 - 12:13am (Reply to #81)
Robo Term's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0
  ruiolmi wrote:

 

I have the same problem, plaese help us!

 

Maybe you could click the "More information" button so we could have more information about your error?

  November 18, 2011 - 3:27am (Reply to #82)
ruiolmi's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
  Robo Term wrote:

 

Maybe you could click the "More information" button so we could have more information about your error?

Yeah! Thanks to you and TinyUmbrella everythings works fine now! Great work!

  November 23, 2011 - 2:22pm
parmel's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Just downloaded Seas0nPass.  Unable to get iTunes to recognize ATV2 on iTunes window.  Was recognizing it originally but now nothing.

  December 1, 2011 - 2:47pm
dramirezcr's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

Hi everyone ... 

I have an ATV2 with 4.3.3 ... I tried to jailbreak it, but I got Error 2001 from iTunes when restoring ...  I've looking all over the web and I found nothing that works ... does anybody know how to solve this?? ... I wan't XBMC on my ATV .. it is the main reason i got it for.. 

 

  December 4, 2011 - 9:01am
slavart's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0

WTF!!!

  December 6, 2011 - 12:16pm
chimo1's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 24
Kudos: 0

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:120:]]Please Help, I got an error (20)

Thanks.

 

  December 6, 2011 - 4:51pm
joseph .7360's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 170
Kudos: 0

XBMC is a bit touchy with 4.4.3 as a tethered boot. Even the XBMC page recommends not using more that 4.3, unless you are brave and know how to do nightly builds, as per their instructions.  Personally, Im leaving it alone for know until things are stable. I'll use my MAcbook connected to my TV for now, and XBMC works fine that way. especially if you are interested in PBS or Hulu. It is still going to be awhile before we all get our "all in one type device", but things are getting closer thanks to folks like Jim at  Firecore and the XBMC teams, and the DEv teams figuring out all the jailbreaks. They all deserve big Kudos, IMO. And thanks to all the folk who just as users, figure things out and share them with all of us. 

  December 7, 2011 - 2:45am
stevec.5269's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 18
Kudos: 0

I keep getting Error 9 in iTunes restore.I have tried searching everywhere for a solution, I have 2 "Support" tickets in ( do they even read them?), now I am coming to you, the greater community to help. I am on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini, latest iTunes and latest seas0nPass. Please help before i throw the whole works out the window in frustration!

 

  December 7, 2011 - 1:19pm
Zero2Cool's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

i'm using ATV2 with tethered jailbreak 4.4.x and the XBMC nightly build and it's working very very good and stable.

  December 8, 2011 - 4:31am (Reply to #90)
stevec.5269's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 18
Kudos: 0
  stevec.5269 wrote:

I keep getting Error 9 in iTunes restore.I have tried searching everywhere for a solution, I have 2 "Support" tickets in ( do they even read them?), now I am coming to you, the greater community to help. I am on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini, latest iTunes and latest seas0nPass. Please help before i throw the whole works out the window in frustration!

 

Well, despite what everyone has stated, I left the power cord plugged IN during restore and it WORKED!! Yay! Thanks guys! Hope this helps someone else!