237 posts / 0 new / Last post
  May 1, 2012 - 10:56pm (Reply to #151)
Torcherboy's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0
  jerrym.6081 wrote:

I just restored my AT2 and it took 6 hours before getting it.  I left it plugged in to the USB and it downloaded itself without me pressing menu and play/pause. After I plugged power in and set it in DFU mode and it worked just fine.

I wish I could get that time back!!!

Sorry if I'm being dense here... Does this mean you were finally able to jailbreak it or just get it back to Apple's version? Even with the new update released a few days ago I still can't jailbreak. It's frustrating because I can always restore to Apple's version.

  May 3, 2012 - 12:58pm
kbush13's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 8
Kudos: 0

Help, I can't get this all to work... I had my ATV 2 jailbroken with 4.4.4, and I guess I should have left well-enough alone, but I wanted the new UI with 5.0. Here's the problem...

I ran Seas0nPass on my MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 with the latest iTunes software, but I get the 1604 error. No luck. I then try my desktop PC upstairs running Windows XP, and the jailbreak runs just fine without the 1604 error. So I take it all downstairs to do the tethered boot with my MBP, and it runs through the process, but when it's done, I get nothing but a quick-blinking LED on the ATV.

Any ideas? Thanks.

  May 13, 2012 - 8:23am (Reply to #153)
BubbaStrangelove's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0
  kbush13 wrote:

Help, I can't get this all to work... I had my ATV 2 jailbroken with 4.4.4, and I guess I should have left well-enough alone, but I wanted the new UI with 5.0. Here's the problem...

I ran Seas0nPass on my MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 with the latest iTunes software, but I get the 1604 error. No luck. I then try my desktop PC upstairs running Windows XP, and the jailbreak runs just fine without the 1604 error. So I take it all downstairs to do the tethered boot with my MBP, and it runs through the process, but when it's done, I get nothing but a quick-blinking LED on the ATV.

Any ideas? Thanks.

 

 

I had a similar situation than use, except the desktop was a Mac running Lion, which has it's own set of problems (I'll get to those later)

 

I think in my case, the MBP, being a 2006 model, didn't have the proper USB speeds to do the update. 1604 is a timing issue through MBP.

 

What I had to do, is on the desktop, the jailbreak creates two files. I don't know where they are in XP, but in Lion they are located under users>library>application support>seasonpass>

Here you have one file with a ".bundle" extension then there is a folder called "firmware" where you will find the ipsw. Both of those files need to be moved onto the computer that you are doing the tethered boot from, using the same folder hierarchy. If you see multiples of the same files, trash the oldest ones, keeping the newest. 

The second issue I was running into was I couldn't restore in Lion. I saw someone else mention this problem and am not sure if others ran into this, but here was what I found. Lion hides a lot of folders. This is a complaint people have had since it was released. It seemed like the jailbreak would get stuck during the restore process because the script wasn't able to find the ipsw. 

I had to show all the files using this command in Terminal: "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES"

 Then you have to hold option and right click on your finder icon in the dock and click "relaunch". Now the files are shown and you can find the flies needed for the jailbreak.

The problem still was that trying to restore through iTunes or SeasOnPass, I still wasn't seeing those hidden files in the window even though I could see them through the finder. So I had to move the ipsw from the folder then onto the desktop (or whatever visible folder, I just used desktop since it's easy to find) and then in iTunes, with the ATV connected, press the option button while clicking "restore" From there I could select the ipsw from the desktop and the restore went without issue.

I then copied those files to my macbook, like I mentioned above, and was able to do the tethered boot.

Sorry if I left anything out of here or wasn't totally clear on something. I'd run into all these problems over the past month, trying to do the jailbreak 4 or 5 times, but yesterday sat down for a few hours, really determined to figure out the problem. I was getting a 1604 error when doing it on my 2006 macbook pro with 10.6 running, and I do now believe that is a hardware issue with that laptop. Then I just wasn't able to do the restore using my Lion desktop. I even moved the whole desktop down to where I keep the ATV and it just wasn't happening. That seemed to be totally related to the hidden files issue, because like i said, you just couldn't find them through iTunes, even when using the command to show hidden files. Trying to use a combination of both, as I got closer to figuring this out, I was still not able to do the boot teether, and that was because I wasn't copying both the ipsw and the .bundle file, just the ipsw. 

There's several other combinations of issues I ran into, so again I'm sorry if I overlooked something and i hope you can get your up and running. I'm really enjoying it so far and was happy to finally get it working. This was the first time I had issues with the jailbreak process and don't understand because I'd used Lion before with no problems. Either way, it's finally working. Now watch the unteethered support come out tomorrow. Grin

  May 13, 2012 - 5:12pm (Reply to #154)
kbush13's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 8
Kudos: 0
  BubbaStrangelove wrote:

 

 

I had a similar situation than use, except the desktop was a Mac running Lion, which has it's own set of problems (I'll get to those later)

 

I think in my case, the MBP, being a 2006 model, didn't have the proper USB speeds to do the update. 1604 is a timing issue through MBP.

 

What I had to do, is on the desktop, the jailbreak creates two files. I don't know where they are in XP, but in Lion they are located under users>library>application support>seasonpass>

Here you have one file with a ".bundle" extension then there is a folder called "firmware" where you will find the ipsw. Both of those files need to be moved onto the computer that you are doing the tethered boot from, using the same folder hierarchy. If you see multiples of the same files, trash the oldest ones, keeping the newest. 

The second issue I was running into was I couldn't restore in Lion. I saw someone else mention this problem and am not sure if others ran into this, but here was what I found. Lion hides a lot of folders. This is a complaint people have had since it was released. It seemed like the jailbreak would get stuck during the restore process because the script wasn't able to find the ipsw. 

I had to show all the files using this command in Terminal: "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES"

 Then you have to hold option and right click on your finder icon in the dock and click "relaunch". Now the files are shown and you can find the flies needed for the jailbreak.

The problem still was that trying to restore through iTunes or SeasOnPass, I still wasn't seeing those hidden files in the window even though I could see them through the finder. So I had to move the ipsw from the folder then onto the desktop (or whatever visible folder, I just used desktop since it's easy to find) and then in iTunes, with the ATV connected, press the option button while clicking "restore" From there I could select the ipsw from the desktop and the restore went without issue.

I then copied those files to my macbook, like I mentioned above, and was able to do the tethered boot.

Sorry if I left anything out of here or wasn't totally clear on something. I'd run into all these problems over the past month, trying to do the jailbreak 4 or 5 times, but yesterday sat down for a few hours, really determined to figure out the problem. I was getting a 1604 error when doing it on my 2006 macbook pro with 10.6 running, and I do now believe that is a hardware issue with that laptop. Then I just wasn't able to do the restore using my Lion desktop. I even moved the whole desktop down to where I keep the ATV and it just wasn't happening. That seemed to be totally related to the hidden files issue, because like i said, you just couldn't find them through iTunes, even when using the command to show hidden files. Trying to use a combination of both, as I got closer to figuring this out, I was still not able to do the boot teether, and that was because I wasn't copying both the ipsw and the .bundle file, just the ipsw. 

There's several other combinations of issues I ran into, so again I'm sorry if I overlooked something and i hope you can get your up and running. I'm really enjoying it so far and was happy to finally get it working. This was the first time I had issues with the jailbreak process and don't understand because I'd used Lion before with no problems. Either way, it's finally working. Now watch the unteethered support come out tomorrow. Grin

Thanks for this! I am indeed trying to run it on a 2006 MacBook Pro... I'll keep this all in mind.

  May 17, 2012 - 9:50pm
adilb.6530's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Kudos: 0

PLEEEEEEAASE HELP Guys, i keep getting the same error at the end of the restore in itunes : error 3194!!!please help me on this..i was able to do it once before about two weeks, but when i try to do it again now, itès just restorted on an unjailbrocken firmware..and every time i try to do the same sequeneces as shown on the video, it keeps getting me this error..thanks for help guys Smile

  May 23, 2012 - 11:43am (Reply to #156)
matty's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 640
Kudos: 0
  adilb.6530 wrote:

PLEEEEEEAASE HELP Guys, i keep getting the same error at the end of the restore in itunes : error 3194!!!please help me on this..i was able to do it once before about two weeks, but when i try to do it again now, itès just restorted on an unjailbrocken firmware..and every time i try to do the same sequeneces as shown on the video, it keeps getting me this error..thanks for help guys Smile

Did you even read? James' first post says:

Error 3194, Apple TV is not eligible, etc...

Apple is no longer 'signing' the version of Apple TV software you are attempting to restore. Update to the latest version of Seas0nPass to jailbreak and install the latest Apple TV version.

If you're certain the latest version of Seas0nPass is being used, then unfortunately there may not yet be a jailbreak available for the current Apple TV software. Check the version info page for more details.

 

Now what version are you trying to restore?

  May 23, 2012 - 3:53pm
cctd's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

I got the latest version 5.1(4999) on ATV 2. But got an error 3194 with Itunes all the time when I try to jailbreak with Seas0nPass. Anybody known the solution for it please help.

 

Thanks

  May 24, 2012 - 6:55am (Reply to #158)
matty's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 640
Kudos: 0
  cctd wrote:

I got the latest version 5.1(4999) on ATV 2. But got an error 3194 with Itunes all the time when I try to jailbreak with Seas0nPass. Anybody known the solution for it please help.

 

Thanks

What version are you trying to restore?

  May 24, 2012 - 1:41pm
cctd's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Thanks for replying Matty. I did managed to restore it to latest version with the help of IREB.

  May 26, 2012 - 4:17pm
greg@7studios.com's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

iTunes 1600, 1601, 1602, 1604 errors

I found the solution for my particular situation was to remove my iTunes preferences and restart iTunes. The preferences files are located in ~/{user}/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist

Works like a charm!!! It's not a bad USB cable, I tried 3 of them and returned them all and used my original; didn't matter.

  May 27, 2012 - 2:36pm
jaltmyer's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

Using the most recent SeasonPass, fully updated iTunes, and Firmware 5.0.1 (4224), I'm attempting to jailbreak my ATV2. I checked the version info page and all seemed to be supported. I'm receiving the "device is not eligible" error. I've been able to complete many jailbreaks in the past, but this is stumping me. I'm also on a Mac if that helps.

  May 27, 2012 - 4:23pm
itimpi's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,032
Kudos: 110

Are you sure this is an ATV2 and not an ATV3?

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

  May 27, 2012 - 5:00pm
jaltmyer's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

It's definetly atv2

  May 28, 2012 - 10:00am
ackerthehacker's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

I'm too getting the Error 14 errors .. different USB cables and different USB Ports.

 

The restore to defaults setting works fine  ... its only the restore during the SeasonPass jailbreak process that fails.

  May 30, 2012 - 11:16am
xype's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

Same thing here: Error 14 when iTunes is restoring...

  May 31, 2012 - 9:21am
jreffner's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 101
Kudos: 0

My aTV2 fails when iTunes restores as well.  On Lion it is error 14.  On Windows 7 it is 1604.  This is all with the latest everything.

 

I've tried using the power cable and not.  I know the micro USB cable I have is great.  It worked on the jailbreak prior to this on.

 

I've tried the iREB trick to no avail.  I'd say that with this many people having problems at the same stage of the process, then there is probably an update needed.  Do I just have to wait for a newer version of Seas0nPass, or is there a trick that actually works?

 

Any help would be appreciated.

3 AppleTVs (Black / 1080p);  All are wired to a Time Capsule using Gigabit switches and Cat 6 and Cat 6A cables.  Also have a Roku 3, and Mohu Leaf antenna.  Most importantly, NO Dish Network, DirecTV, or cable!

  May 31, 2012 - 11:04am
machine9's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

On windows I had the same 1604 error i just tried a different USB socket on the computer and it went through great , saying that the atv2 was already in dfu mode as I had unplugged it half way thru a previous jailbreak attempt.

  June 1, 2012 - 8:44pm
samuels.6718's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

same. the latest jacilbreak, seasonpass didnt work for me. the restore process failed.

  June 6, 2012 - 4:43am
nplaters's picture
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Hi, i'm new here and new to Jailbreaking. I just attempted this and i fail at the itunes restore.

I get:

 

The Apple TV could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1601).
Has anyone seen this error? My Apple TV is on the latest version (it just updated today actually).
Thanks.

  June 6, 2012 - 7:14am (Reply to #170)
jreffner's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 101
Kudos: 0
  nplaters wrote:

Hi, i'm new here and new to Jailbreaking. I just attempted this and i fail at the itunes restore.

I get:

 

The Apple TV could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1601).
Has anyone seen this error? My Apple TV is on the latest version (it just updated today actually).
Thanks.

 

If it really is the latest AppleTV, it is the 3rd model (1080p).  That one isn't capable of being jailbroken yet.  If you have the 2nd model (720p), then you can do it, but I had no luck doing it with Seas0nPass 5.0.1.  5.0 worked easily for me, but if you read this thread you will see that there are many who all have problems with the restore stage.

3 AppleTVs (Black / 1080p);  All are wired to a Time Capsule using Gigabit switches and Cat 6 and Cat 6A cables.  Also have a Roku 3, and Mohu Leaf antenna.  Most importantly, NO Dish Network, DirecTV, or cable!

  June 6, 2012 - 6:07pm
nplaters's picture
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

No my Apple TV is not the 1080p one, it's the ATV2. What i meant by latest version is the software on the Apple TV, it's on the latest iOS version which happened to come out yesterday.

  June 6, 2012 - 8:25pm
JBATV2's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

UPDATE

FireCore support kindly sent me the link to version 0.86 of Seas0nPass, but still the error persists, I'm afraid. 

Additional comments
This version doesn't seem to delete the Ramdisk after completion - I had 2 running on my iMac.

Restore back to factory settings after the failed JB restore ended with an error, and a second restore was required before the ATV2 was correctly restored and functional again.

 

"Unknown error occured (14)" problem.

ATV2 running 5.01

Seas0nPass 0.85

The JB process is fine until the final restore in iTunes, where I get the above error. 

I have restored to factory settings in ITunes (twice), and re-run Seas0nPass, but always get the same error.

I'm using a cable that has been used to jailbreak the ATV2 before both connected to a hub and directly to my (mid 2011) iMac. ITunes is 10.6.1(7) 64 bit and OS X 10.7.4

Any assistance would be appreciated.

ATV2
Not broken, or in jail

  June 6, 2012 - 8:26pm
JBATV2's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Version 0.86 of Seas0nPass doesn't fix the error for me.

Additional comments
This version doesn't seem to delete the Ramdisk after completion - I had 2 running on my iMac.

Restore back to factory settings after the failed JB restore ended with an error, and a second restore was required before the ATV2 was correctly restored and functional again.

--------------------------------------

 

"Unknown error occured (14)" problem.

ATV2 running 5.02

Seas0nPass 0.86

ATV2
Not broken, or in jail

  June 7, 2012 - 7:28am
xype's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

I'm still getting error 14 as well using Seasonpass 0.86 on a Mac 10.7.3

  June 15, 2012 - 8:09am
Goum007's picture
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

I got a lot of problems to jailbreak mine too. My main issue was to get aTV in DFU, it looks like it was but probably not.

Here is what I finally do :

  1. Connect aTV with MicroUSB cable to my PC
  2. Plug aTV power cord
  3. Hold down arrow and menu button for +- 6 sec
  4. Right after the first blink, hold menu and play button until it blink rapidly (+- 7 sec).
  5. Now the aTV should blink constantly, now remove power cord.
  6. Launch seas0npass. 

 

Hope that helps...

  June 18, 2012 - 5:41pm
ArmyMedic007's picture
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
Kudos: 0

Guys I only started doing this a few days ago. When I first tried to jail break my ATV2, I got about four different error messages in iTunes and thought I had bricked my ATV2 because I couldn't restore it. I changed to using my wife's laptop and it worked eventually. When I came to re-jailbreak it because of another issue, it occurred to me that actually iTunes was the culprit. I un-installed it, re-installed it on my laptop (left the library alone). I have now restored and re-jailbroke twice first time. All very smooth now.

I had deleted the apps from my library because I didn't need them but kept music and videos.

I thought I would mention it as it might be why you are getting error messages too.

If it fits, wear it!

  August 12, 2012 - 12:20am
johnt.5897's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

fireCore could do well by offering a little more help.

 

I'm on Mountain Lion OSX and it keeps showing a 1600 error every time I try and use Season Pass.  I've tried every tip offered on this forum and absolutely none of them work.

 

If I can't get Season Pass to work, why should I keep paying for aTV?

 

Please help.

  August 12, 2012 - 3:02am
johnt.5897's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Guys, I don't know if this will help anyone, but it seems that even though you dowload Seas0nPass from the links provided, it may not be the latest version.  So, after you've opened it go into preferences and see if you have the latest version.  I updated form there and it worked first time for me.

  August 23, 2012 - 9:46am (Reply to #179)
perik.olsen's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

Thanks! Read your post and tried jailbreaking my ATV on my older imac. No problems there, - it might very well be iTunes who´s messing things up. 

  August 25, 2012 - 2:54pm
hardip.jadav's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

I have tried all process what you all share here but none had worked out. I am still facing the problem to Restore in Itunes. whenever I am using Shift + firmware which i have download thru snowbrezee - AppleTV2,1_5.0.2_9B830_SP_restore." Itunes gives me the message that "The apple tv could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible."

I have tried sessonpass - it gives me the same response.

Any one has any suggestions??????? or any other process....???