The perfect mix of XBMC/PLEX/iOS GUI?

My hopes for this software are that it combines the brilliant media playback of XBMC - which handles even HD beautifully on the ATV2 (but is buggy as hell and hard to use for noobs),

with the ease of set up and GUI simplicity of PLEX (but without having to use a PLEX server).

I finally got it to work last night - but ATVflash totally balks at anything up Standard Definition it also refused to anydeep into the folder structure

on my NAS (By Book Live).  Ideally - once the external drive is set up there should be an option to create a shortcut directly to that folder

on the iOS main screen so that noobs/family members can easily find video without getting distracted but more obvious - but incorrect choices, ie the Apple MOVIES section.

Keep at it. Looking forward to the point when I'm glad I spent $20 bucks...

Thanks for the feedback.

Future versions of Media Player should have substantially improved performance of both HD and SD content. More versatile streaming/browsing will also be included.

Stay tuned.

[quote="james"]

Future versions of Media Player should have substantially improved performance of both HD and SD content. More versatile streaming/browsing will also be included.

[/quote]

Good to know, James.  Media Player in its current shape certainly needs work, but it's vastly preferrable to the mess of XMBC/Plex.  All I want is a simple and reliable media player on my ATV2, which integrates with ATV2/iOS menu structure.. and does not require me to run full-blown media center backend on my Mac.  

Once Media Player gets to the point of being a stable product supporting HD content - I will gladly kick XBMC/Plex to the curb.  Look forward to that day.