9 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  May 15, 2011 - 3:14pm
jdubs's picture
Kudos: 0

I just bought my ATV2 today and, like an idiot, I updated to the newest firmware (4.2.2) without saving SHSH blobs or anything. You'd think I'd learn after screwing up an iPhone jailbreak and an iPad jailbreak recently...

I have the newest iTunes and Seas0nPass but I'm getting the ineligible error within iTunes that others seem to be getting. I tried restoring the ATV via iTunes and beginning from fresh - no dice. I tried PwnageTool and followed this tutorial and I get the same error. I checked out two other posts on the forum about this and they didn't help. I'm sick of jailbreaking iDevices! I remember the good old days with the ATV and plugging in a flash drive...

Any ideas?

May 15, 2011 - 4:23pm
jdubs's picture

I did a little more scouring and found out about changing the verification servers to point to Apple rather than Cydia. Changed this, nothing different.

May 16, 2011 - 3:30am
kevvie010's picture

you should be able to restore back to an earlier version or use seasonpass if using 4.2.2

i restored an atv2 yesterday then did a jailbreak no probs with the current seasonpass

just checked it and it definitely is 4.2.2

and no i didnt save the blobs 

May 17, 2011 - 1:46am
jdubs's picture

That's weird. Why is mine being picky? I just tried again and now it gives me a 1600 error instead.

Attempt number two and it is just sitting there telling me that the Apple TV is preparing for restore...

GRR!! I'll try a different computer altogether tomorrow. Bed time.

May 18, 2011 - 2:49am
kevvie010's picture

a thought you only have the micro usb cable connected,  no power cable?

May 18, 2011 - 11:15pm
jdubs's picture

Looks like it was something with my computer. I tried using Seas0nPass on another computer and it worked like a charm.

Now I'm running into an issue with the Media Player (or whatever the default one by Firecore is called). The installation fails every time. Suggestions?

June 1, 2011 - 5:27pm (Reply to #6)
bexn's picture
  jdubs wrote:

Looks like it was something with my computer. I tried using Seas0nPass on another computer and it worked like a charm.

It isn't just your computer. I've run into the same exact issue. I tried it on a different computer and it worked as well. I've sent complete system information to fireCore support to help them determine what's going on. I imagine we aren't the only ones who have or will run into this problem.

June 8, 2011 - 11:58am
ivanp.3870's picture

some problem here

June 8, 2011 - 2:02pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,060

Try adjusting your hosts file as described here.

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4328

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!