I have submitted a diagnostic and created a bug report however I thought I would throw this out to everyone. My shares were working fine until I upgraded to RC1. They no longer connect. I have a single share on a windows 2008 R2 server. I am able to map a drive to it and use the user id I have setup to connect. When I try to setup the share in media player the first thing that happens is I get a spinning cursor over "Other". This does not find a share so I must chose other. I select SMB for the type, chose a name "Movies" and set the server to "media/movie". I than enter the user name and password and the workgroup. The user name and password have been verified. All I get when I test the connection is "Could not open dir [smb://media/movie]. Reason: Operation timed out (60). Now as I said this worked fine until RC1. My folder only has about 100 files (isos) so no larger folder issues. I am able to use XBMC and find the share without issues.. I would really like to get rid of XBMC one of these days but thank god I have a fall back.