615 posts / 0 new / Last post
  April 6, 2012 - 2:14pm
dax3k's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

Hi Everyone,

Ok I think I screwed up!

I dumped the blobs for my Apple TV (2nd Generation) new out of the box, successfully.

Then I Build the signed IPSW w/ Blobs successfully following through with all the appropriate steps.

Then instead of going to Total Commander and executing the steps, I went back to iFaith and chose Use DFU Pwner(iREB).

Then I chose my Built IPSW w/ BLOB file in iTunes in order to restore and got an error msg at the end.

Now my Apple TV is messed up, I see nothing when I plug it in, only fast blinking lights.

Please tell me I can save this unit and it's not damaged.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

dax3k

  April 6, 2012 - 11:28pm
macmanjimmy's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 93
Kudos: 0

Curious if there will be an easy fix/jailbreak for 4.4.4 or is it best to wait for 5.1? When Apple signed off on 4.4.4 I almost pulled all my hair out and by the looks of this posting, looks like jailbreaking is very difficult.

  April 7, 2012 - 8:25am (Reply to #513)
thakidsteve's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 44
Kudos: 0
  jluzbet wrote:

Everything worked to the tee for me, but I cannot SSH into it now to finalize, I get connection refused, I rebooteed, tried different port and no luck, any input will be appreciated.

 

how are you trying to ssh

  April 7, 2012 - 11:21am (Reply to #514)
jluzbet's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0
  thakidsteve wrote:

how are you trying to ssh

 

using putty, i did again with 5.1 and no problem but I really want to keep the 4.3 for unthe

  April 7, 2012 - 5:56pm
tmakita's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

I´ve got my blobs and make the signed IPSW but keep getting error 1604 , use differents cables and computers, can I go and restore to 5.1 and try to restore using the ifaith signed IPSW later?

  April 8, 2012 - 1:35pm (Reply to #516)
ormanton's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 418
Kudos: 0
  arseniom.8739 wrote:

I´ve got my blobs and make the signed IPSW but keep getting error 1604 , use differents cables and computers, can I go and restore to 5.1 and try to restore using the ifaith signed IPSW later?

Do normal update/restore in itunes ,  then go the way described in post1 from step15

or.... :

  1. Download and run sn0wbreeze.
  2. in sn0wbreeze choose device, firmware to download, select ''IFAITH MODE'' and point to your shsh file. Let it stich all together

3.get into dfu mode and restore in itunes

  1. After all connect your atv to tvset&internet.

5.Run atvflash.

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

  April 9, 2012 - 7:29pm (Reply to #517)
tmakita's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
  ormanton wrote:

Do normal update/restore in itunes ,  then go the way described in post1 from step15

or.... :

  1. Download and run sn0wbreeze.
  2. in sn0wbreeze choose device, firmware to download, select ''IFAITH MODE'' and point to your shsh file. Let it stich all together

3.get into dfu mode and restore in itunes

  1. After all connect your atv to tvset&internet.

5.Run atvflash.

 

Thanks Ormanton

 

did use the snowbreeze work like a charm this time

 

up and running !!

  April 10, 2012 - 12:27am
CrazyAppleCrap's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0

Does anyone know what the <md5> field is calculated from in a .iFiath file? I figured out the <ipsw_md5>. It's just the MD5 of the firmware you're trying to restore.  But what is the <md5> field calculated from? I'm still trying to use my 4.4.4 SHSH which contained an invalid <apticket> field (all 0's).

I'd rather be on an untethered 4.4.4 than a tethered 5.0.

  April 10, 2012 - 10:23am (Reply to #519)
Android's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 61
Kudos: 1
  ormanton wrote:

Do normal update/restore in itunes ,  then go the way described in post1 from step15

or.... :

  1. Download and run sn0wbreeze.
  2. in sn0wbreeze choose device, firmware to download, select ''IFAITH MODE'' and point to your shsh file. Let it stich all together

3.get into dfu mode and restore in itunes

  1. After all connect your atv to tvset&internet.

5.Run atvflash.

At last step go to Itunes and Shift Restore to Ifaith Signed on desktop, and  I get error 1604. I followed these step and my ATV2 working now. Thanks

  April 10, 2012 - 3:15pm (Reply to #520)
ormanton's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 418
Kudos: 0

;) as CYBERxNUKE said ''i suggest this method.. now.. Tongue ''

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

  April 10, 2012 - 3:21pm
jimmymcmahon's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Kudos: 0

Guys I need a bit of guidance please.

 

I have jailbroke many an apple tv2 on 4.4.4 however my mate has just ordered one off amazon however it came pre installed with 4.4.3. 

Is there any way I can upgrade to 4.4.4 at the moment? Or does a jailbreak for 4.4.3 still work ? I dont want to upgrade his to 5.1 yet as XBMC does not work yet..

 

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

 

Thanks

  April 10, 2012 - 3:23pm (Reply to #522)
ormanton's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 418
Kudos: 0
  jimmymcmahon wrote:

Guys I need a bit of guidance please.   I have jailbroke many an apple tv2 on 4.4.4 however my mate has just ordered one off amazon however it came pre installed with 4.4.3.  Is there any way I can upgrade to 4.4.4 at the moment? Or does a jailbreak for 4.4.3 still work ? I dont want to upgrade his to 5.1 yet as XBMC does not work yet..   Any guidance would be much appreciated.   Thanks

xbmc just works great on 5.0 (4099).

browse forum

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

  April 10, 2012 - 3:32pm (Reply to #523)
jimmymcmahon's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Kudos: 0
  ormanton wrote:

xbmc just works great on 5.0 (4099).

browse forum

 

Ah, cool! Is there an untethered JB for 5.0 yet?

 

  April 10, 2012 - 3:39pm (Reply to #524)
ormanton's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 418
Kudos: 0
  jimmymcmahon wrote:

  Ah, cool! Is there an untethered JB for 5.0 yet?  

 

well...you did not understand my second sentence.

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

  April 10, 2012 - 3:41pm (Reply to #525)
jimmymcmahon's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Kudos: 0
  ormanton wrote:

 

well...you did not understand my second sentence.

 

thanks, yeah I have seen 5.0 is only tethered at present which is why I was keen to understand if there was any way I can either

a) jailbreak this stock 4.4.3 atv2  OR

b) somehow upgrade from stock 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 (i have only got the blobs for 4.4.3).

  April 10, 2012 - 3:48pm (Reply to #526)
itimpi's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,056
Kudos: 112
  jimmymcmahon wrote:

 

a) jailbreak this stock 4.4.3 atv2 

I believe this is possible if you start by using a tool like iFaith to first extract the blobs (signatures) from the device running 4.4.3.  Without the appropriate blobs you will not be able to do the jailbreak.   However iFaith only runs on Windows so you may have issues if you are trying to do this on a Mac.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

  April 10, 2012 - 3:51pm (Reply to #527)
jimmymcmahon's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Kudos: 0
  itimpi wrote:

I believe this is possible if you start by using a tool like iFaith to first extract the blobs (signatures) from the device running 4.4.3.  Without the appropriate blobs you will not be able to do the jailbreak.   However iFaith only runs on Windows so you may have issues if you are trying to do this on a Mac.

 

Thanks mate, I have managed to grab the SSH blobs with iFaith at the moment. I have also built the "signed" ipsw.  Any idea what next mate?  Restore to that signed IPSW in itunes?

  April 10, 2012 - 3:56pm (Reply to #528)
ormanton's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 418
Kudos: 0
  jimmymcmahon wrote:

  Thanks mate, I have managed to grab the SSH blobs with iFaith at the moment. I have also built the "signed" ipsw.  Any idea what next mate?  Restore to that signed IPSW in itunes?

all steps should be in the post 1 of this thread

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

  April 10, 2012 - 4:48pm (Reply to #529)
jimmymcmahon's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Kudos: 0
  ormanton wrote:

all steps should be in the post 1 of this thread

Thanks mate.

Managed it with a couple of clicks with snowbreeze.
Now have 4.4.3 jailbroken with xbmc.

Thanks very much

  April 10, 2012 - 4:50pm (Reply to #530)
ormanton's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 418
Kudos: 0
  jimmymcmahon wrote:

Thanks mate. Managed it with a couple of clicks with snowbreeze. Now have 4.4.3 jailbroken with xbmc. Thanks very much

u r welcome , mate.

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

  April 11, 2012 - 6:19pm
djkac's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

Ok, I tried this a couple of times and I kept scratching my head trying to figure out why I didn't get a file with the name "000003F91503A54E_iFaith_Apple_TV_2-4.4.4 (9A406a)_signed".  It turns out that file is actually created at the end of step 2.  When you build a signed ipsw, you click the button to start it and it appears to do something that take a while.  It's actually only verifying it.  After verifying it you have to click on the small "build" button on the bottom right to actually make it.  I didn't see that button at first and kept thinking the verifying part was actually making the file.

I'm now getting an error 1600 when I try to restore with the final file.

  April 11, 2012 - 9:22pm
rupinders.9772's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
Kudos: 0

Hi, I have  15 ATV 2's to setup, jailbreak.

I have followed the above steps for the first one, worked fine, all is perfect!

the remaining ATV 2s - do I need to do the above steps for each one?   Im thinking, since I have the *.ipsw, why cannot I just open iTunes, click SHIFT, restore to the *signed.ipsw? - when I do that, itunes restores it, all the way to the end, seems fine, and I get error 1600.

ive spent 2 hrs in trying to resolve it, and no luck.

 

  April 11, 2012 - 11:22pm
itimpi's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,056
Kudos: 112

Each .ipsw file is specific to the device to which the blobs (signatures) that were used in creating it came from.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

  April 11, 2012 - 11:31pm
jaj's picture
jaj
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

Thanks CYBERxNUKE and ormanton.

Jailbreak successful. Smile

  April 12, 2012 - 11:04am
soeren796's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

hi, 

it is in DFU mode if i restart my ATV2?

How to fix it?

 

or,

i got my SHSH Blobs of 4.3! Can i us your how to wizh this version?

  April 12, 2012 - 12:50pm (Reply to #536)
ormanton's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 418
Kudos: 0
  soeren796 wrote:

hi,  it is in DFU mode if i restart my ATV2? How to fix it?   or, i got my SHSH Blobs of 4.3! Can i us your how to wizh this version?

post#516

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

  April 12, 2012 - 2:26pm (Reply to #537)
ormanton's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 418
Kudos: 0
  jaj wrote:

Thanks CYBERxNUKE and ormanton. Jailbreak successful. Smile

no doubt Wink

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

  April 12, 2012 - 3:56pm
yell0wsoldi3r's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

Hello to all!

I want to ask a question although I found a similar one (some pages before) but I didn't clearly understand the answer.

Yesterday I bought an Apple TV 2nd Gen with stock 4.4.3.

What is the best you suggest to do?

Updating to latest 5.0 iOS or is there any other way to update to 4.4.4 and get an untethered jb there?

Sorry for any inconvenience, but I'm newbie to the world of Apple TV and your help will be really appreciated.

  April 12, 2012 - 4:10pm
rupinders.9772's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
Kudos: 0

Hi, I have a ATV2 - its on verson 5

I want to put it on v 4.4.4 but when trying to do so through TinyUmbrella, I get an error message

Cannot Start TSS Service DO NOT TRY RESTORING YOUR DEVICE!!!

so Im stuck....any suggestions

  April 13, 2012 - 9:04am (Reply to #540)
soeren796's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
  ormanton wrote:

post#516

 

thanks,

 

but i get error 20?