615 posts / 0 new / Last post
  July 20, 2012 - 4:40am
TT KH's picture
Kudos: 0

I have an atv 2 4.4.4, and has been acting up. Can I complete rejailbreak all over again since I don't like the newer interface in the latest firmware, plus no overflow. Do I need to use ifaith to save shsh, or just use FC and jailbreak it.

July 20, 2012 - 5:22am (Reply to #572)
micheal96's picture
  TT KH wrote:

I have an atv 2 4.4.4, and has been acting up. Can I complete rejailbreak all over again since I don't like the newer interface in the latest firmware, plus no overflow. Do I need to use ifaith to save shsh, or just use FC and jailbreak it.

You would have need to save your 4.4.4 blobs before you upgraded the firmware so if you did u can go back 2 4.4.4

July 20, 2012 - 11:21am (Reply to #573)
TT KH's picture
  clarence wrote:

You would have need to save your 4.4.4 blobs before you upgraded the firmware so if you did u can go back 2 4.4.4

Thanks! Can I still save it or Is it way too late?

July 20, 2012 - 11:45am (Reply to #574)
robby's picture
  TT KH wrote:

that's a good question

July 21, 2012 - 4:36pm (Reply to #575)
micheal96's picture
  TT KH wrote:

unfortunately, if you already updated it to 5.0.2 you can't go back with your blobs, but you can use someone elses blob but it will be a tethered jailbreak

January 16, 2013 - 1:10pm
jeggert's picture
  CYBERxNUKE wrote:

Should work with any version.. just replace 4.4.4 with your jailbreakable version.

Tools Needed:

AppleTV2,1_4.4.4_9A406a_Restore.ipsw - or alternate ipsw version

Seas0nPass_444.zip - 0.3.52.4905 - Seas0nPass_444.zip(backup)

iFaith-v1.4.2_windows.zip

Total Commader

Dirty Little Video.. less than 3 minutes to do, once you have your ifiath and seas0npass ipsw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUQfJ6OYhlc

1. Use IFAITH to "dump shsh blobs" from your official ipsw atv2. disconnect it for now.
  2. Use IFAITH to "build signed ipsw w blobs" (with device still unpluged). BUT DO NOT USE IT to jailbreak. Let it sit down on your desktop.
  3. Use SEAS0NPASS (version 0.3.52.4905, new version will not work) to build custom firmware -right mouse click on ''create ipsw'' and choose your version -(with device still unplugged) BUT DO NOT USE IT to jailbreak. Let it sit down in yours My documents>seasonpass
  4. Download and install TOTALCOMMANDER(wincmd)
  5. Create new folder on desktop
  6. Drag SEAS0NPASS custom ipsw firmware onto TOTALCOMMANDER icon . You shoud see now files of all ipsw file in left side.
  7. In right side of TOTALCOMMANDER navigate to empty folder which you just created.
  8. Mark the only 2 dmg files from left side and drag them to right side, let it extract to that empty folder. (will take a bit)
  9. After extract close total comander.
  10. Drag now IFAITH signed firmware from desktop onto TOTALCOMMANDER icon.
  11. On the left side you should see IFAITH ipsw files,on the right side 2 files extracted in step8.
  12. Mark those 2 files on the right and drag them to left side to IFAITH signed ipsw. Let it overwrite.
  13. After all is done close total comander.
  14. You have now IFAITH firmware ipsw file on your desktop with signed blobs and SEAS0NPASS custom ipsw inside.
  15. Connect your ATV2 to PC , use iReb to enter DFU mode.
  16. After you are in dfu open itunes , press SHIFT +restore and navigate to file on your desktop called as 00000xxxxx_IFAITH_Apple_TV_2-4.4.49A406a_signed.ipsw
  17. Itunes will finish the job , use atv flash and you are done:)

credits to ormanton

If all else fails.. try https://rapidshare.com/files/1810177006/sn0wbreeze-v2.9.3.zip   -- i suggest this method.. now.. Tongue

Has anyone tried this method recently? I just did and I got a "1600" error in iTunes. My ATV 2 is blinking rapidly. Any thoughts? 

January 16, 2013 - 4:01pm
ormanton's picture

Why would go hard way? You can easy make latest or 5.0.2 JB using only seasonpass.

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

January 16, 2013 - 5:12pm
jeggert's picture

"Why would go hard way? You can easy make latest or 5.0.2 JB using only seasonpass."

Good question. One reason is that I don't trust the later releases (hence the reason why people are returning to 5.0.2)  but a bigger reason is that I just don't like the GUI that came with 5.0 and later. I don't want my Apple TV and iPhone and (apparently the future)  my Macbook to all look the same. I don't like the icon look and miss the top shelf display when going from iTunes to Netflix. Besides--using an icon which then just goes to the same (text) menu as before just seems like a lame attempt by Apple engineers to give Apple TV the same feel as the iPhone. Personal taste I realize.

A bigger reason is that people in my home understand text menus (IOS 4.4.4) and can navigate around.

That said, I tried following the instructions at the beginning of this thead. I downloaded the AppleTV2,1_4.4.4_9A406a_Restore.ipsw file and then used it in step 2 "build signed ipsw w blobs" and also in step 3 "build custom firmware". Was that a mistake? 

During the "restoring apple TV firmware"  I get the error "The Apple TV could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600)". If I relaunch iTunes, I then get a message "iTunes must check the Apple TV software update server to identify this device".

Any thoughts on how or what I can do? I realize that Apple stopped signing 4.4.4 a long time ago but thought that using iFaith to build signed blobs resolved this. Am I not understanding this correctly? 

January 29, 2013 - 12:26pm
kkrapul's picture

Does anyone know where I can download and old version of Seas0nPass, I needed in order to restore an apple tv with 4.3 since I want to preserve that version, so I am following this guide.

Thank you!!! 

January 29, 2013 - 4:34pm (Reply to #580)
robby's picture
  kkrapul wrote:

Does anyone know where I can download and old version of Seas0nPass, I needed in order to restore an apple tv with 4.3 since I want to preserve that version, so I am following this guide.

Thank you!!! 

just down load the season pass 4.4.4 zip that is in the beginning of this tread then once u down loaded it right clicl on create ipsw 4.3 will be there for you to down load.

if you have a current version of season pass down mix them up

January 30, 2013 - 10:19am
kkrapul's picture

Thank you but the link is broken Frown

January 30, 2013 - 10:38am (Reply to #582)
matty's picture
  kkrapul wrote:

Thank you but the link is broken Frown

What link is broken? I'm sure you could do a google search for the application.

February 15, 2013 - 12:05pm
onsmike's picture

hi all,

newbie here, I tried to read as much as I can but need some clarification, I seek your help.  The 1st/last time I JB was a year ago so I am not so familiar with the finer details.

I have an ATV2 that I JB'ed over a year ago (4.4.4).  I've bot nitotv/xbmc installed.  It worked fine for a while but recently it started crashing for no apparent reasons.  Upgraded from Eden to Frodo but it did not help.  Thus, I would like to try to restore my ATV2 to a clean slate and start again.

I remember jailbreaking my ATV2 using an old version of seas0npass but I did not remember saving the shsh blob.  My questions are:

1) can I still use iFaith to restore shsh blob from my jailbroken ATV2 (4.4.4)

2) us the instruction at the beginning of this post to restore ATV2 software while maintaining version 4.4.4

I really love my ATV2/xbmc, but the recent instability of xbmc is really annoying.  

any help is very much appreciated,

February 15, 2013 - 9:22pm
CYBERxNUKE's picture

Fixed links. if you find another dead link, let me know.

That which is, is often forgotten, and that which has not, will remain forever.

February 21, 2013 - 8:12pm (Reply to #585)
TT KH's picture
  onsmike wrote:

hi all,

newbie here, I tried to read as much as I can but need some clarification, I seek your help.  The 1st/last time I JB was a year ago so I am not so familiar with the finer details.

I have an ATV2 that I JB'ed over a year ago (4.4.4).  I've bot nitotv/xbmc installed.  It worked fine for a while but recently it started crashing for no apparent reasons.  Upgraded from Eden to Frodo but it did not help.  Thus, I would like to try to restore my ATV2 to a clean slate and start again.

I remember jailbreaking my ATV2 using an old version of seas0npass but I did not remember saving the shsh blob.  My questions are:

1) can I still use iFaith to restore shsh blob from my jailbroken ATV2 (4.4.4)

2) us the instruction at the beginning of this post to restore ATV2 software while maintaining version 4.4.4

I really love my ATV2/xbmc, but the recent instability of xbmc is really annoying.  

any help is very much appreciated,

Did you get it to work on 4.4.4, mine xbmc is acting up. I would like to do a clean restore on 4.4.4 instead of moving up to 5.0.2.

March 20, 2013 - 5:06pm
simonf.0017's picture

Would this method work with 5.2 that apple just stoped signing?.. Anyone tried it? I did this a while ago for 4.4.4 and it worked great.. Now would it work with 5.2? Thanks

March 21, 2013 - 8:16am (Reply to #587)
AppleTVGURU's picture
  simonf.0017 wrote:

Would this method work with 5.2 that apple just stoped signing?.. Anyone tried it? I did this a while ago for 4.4.4 and it worked great.. Now would it work with 5.2? Thanks

I tried method and keep getting error -1 not sure yet.. ill try again later today for ios 5.2

March 21, 2013 - 12:55pm
mianhasham's picture

guys just want to ask a question it may sound stupid but want to know can you save blobs on an un-jailkbroken device and then restore using ifath etc and then get the apple device to be jailbroken

March 21, 2013 - 1:44pm (Reply to #589)
edemir's picture
  AppleTVGURU wrote:

I tried method and keep getting error -1 not sure yet.. ill try again later today for ios 5.2

I have the exact same problem!!!!

I also created a new post to discuss this here -> http://forum.firecore.com/topic/10072

March 23, 2013 - 11:07am (Reply to #590)
dknlght's picture
  mianhasham wrote:

guys just want to ask a question it may sound stupid but want to know can you save blobs on an un-jailkbroken device and then restore using ifath etc and then get the apple device to be jailbroken

if you are on a jailbreakable firmware version (ex 5.2) but your atv2 is not jailbroken then the answer is yes just follow the tutorial below except in your case you won't click the button to check if your shsh blob is available on the server you'll click the button to dump your shsh blob then follow the rest of the instructions normally

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/10083

March 23, 2013 - 7:04pm
ped's picture
ped

Have a question on the process.

Where is says in step 12 to overwrite the .dmg files, the names are the files are different as I'm using a 5.0 base.  So do I delete the original iFaith *.dmg files given they are not overwritten, or do I simply delete them?

Also, I'm trying to reboot tethered using a prior version of Seas0nPass but it says 5.2 is untethered, allthough the Seas0nPass I'm using was from 2012.  Is it a registry key in windows that I need to remove so it doesn't check the latest, or does it check online?

Cheers.

April 2, 2013 - 11:54pm
Robferg's picture

Hi...when I'm running iFaith 1.5.6, it won't run thru the steps to dump SHSH without me holding down both buttons several times...any suggestions on what's going on?

April 3, 2013 - 9:09am
ifmx3's picture
  Robferg wrote:

Hi...when I'm running iFaith 1.5.6, it won't run thru the steps to dump SHSH without me holding down both buttons several times...any suggestions on what's going on?

That is common. There is no garanteed way to trigger the DFU mode. You just have to try it several times.

April 3, 2013 - 10:56am
musli's picture

Hi all !

after few days finally found some light to jb my appletv 4.4.4 , I did tutorial and itunes always drop error 1604 just when at the end of the process..... any help please ? i tried different cables, pcs, mac ....

April 3, 2013 - 10:59am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 112
  musli wrote:

Hi all ! after few days finally found some light to jb my appletv 4.4.4 , I did tutorial and itunes always drop error 1604 just when at the end of the process..... any help please ? i tried different cables, pcs, mac ....

Have you tried simply plugging it into your TV at this point to see if it is jailbroken?    If the error happens right at the end of the jailbreak process it may have actually completed OK.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

April 3, 2013 - 11:07am
musli's picture
  itimpi wrote:

Have you tried simply plugging it into your TV at this point to see if it is jailbroken?    If the error happens right at the end of the jailbreak process it may have actually completed OK.

thanks itimpi, I just tried it and show the itunes logo and cable on the screen.....:(

April 4, 2013 - 12:01am
ifmx3's picture
  musli wrote:

thanks itimpi, I just tried it and show the itunes logo and cable on the screen.....:(

For 4.4.4., you don't need to follow this process.  Just use  iFaith and Snowbreeze way which worked fine. 

April 4, 2013 - 4:43am
musli's picture
  ifmx3 wrote:

For 4.4.4., you don't need to follow this process.  Just use  iFaith and Snowbreeze way which worked fine. 

Thanks mate,  I using this method and always has same itunes error 1600, just at the end of the operation..

now its always on DFU mode .!! Frown

April 4, 2013 - 11:08am
skydog's picture

Although I was doubtful at the time, I can re-confirm and provide testimony that this method was the only solution for my ATV2 on 4.3

My old laptop would not ferret out shsh blobs without days of trying different methods and cable/hub combinations. Finally, like magic it just happened. Did I get lucky? probably.

I could not for the life of me restore an iOS firmware cooked by Sn0wbreeze without 2005, 16xx errors. This after many attempts with the iFaith and Simple options with my new blobs as well as 3 operating systems and 7 different comptuters.

I decided to give this method a try as a last resort before committing to a tethered 5.2.1 solution. Glad I did. It took two tries but that was my fault in how I dropped .dmg files into Total Commander.

Cooked the iOS (it just magically appears on the desktop as the former iFaith version) and restored without a hitch on what would normally be a cranky old laptop giving me all kinds of errors.

All this to say, if you feel like it's never going to work try something different. This method is bullet proof from my perspective. Well done and kudos to the good folks that took the time to put this together.

Keep calm, carry on.

skydog

April 4, 2013 - 12:51pm
ifmx3's picture

Thanks for the update.  Just confirmed this method worked for 4.30 here for me too.  I guess the key is to using the exact version of the tools.