66 posts / 0 new / Last post
  March 15, 2012 - 8:06am
joffe11's picture
Kudos: 0

Maybe stupid question, does it matter if i`m logged in with my itunes user account or not?

March 15, 2012 - 8:26am (Reply to #32)
streetwriter's picture
  vince2k4 wrote:

you have first to install .Net framework 3 (not 4) Wink

Maybe a dumb question, but just 3, or do I need 1 and 2 also? 

Thanks for you help. Much appreciated!

March 15, 2012 - 8:34am
vince2k4's picture

you need just the "3", because 4 seem's not working for me.

you can found it on microsoft page (google search --> net framework 3)

No, you don't have to be logged in Itunes Wink

March 15, 2012 - 4:54pm
nurological's picture

Does this work on 4.2.2??

March 15, 2012 - 7:08pm
chirikudukka's picture

Thanks to both cybernuke, ormanton and jailbreakappletv.com to post this. in two links. However cybernukes link to the seasonpass didnt work on Mar 13 and 14th 2012. 

LINKS -- http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7292 AND http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7279

I was able to successfully JB apple tv 4.4.4 using the steps created by jailbreakappletv.com. did this on windows Vista Ultimate OS and itines 10.5.3.3. A very special thanks to the guys created the above tutorials. 

Here are some of my comments >>  

• There is a typo in the seasonpass version mentioned in this tutorial. The one I downloaded was Seas0nPass_444 -- 0.3.52.4509 instead of 4905 thats mentioned in the tutorial. 
  • When asking to connect the ATV, only connect the USB cable, Leave the power cable unplugged all the time. Thats what i did to JB my ATV. 
  • At the end of part 1, you will have created an ssh file named 000000XXXXXXXXXX_Apple_TV_2-4.4.4_(9A406a)-blobs.ifaith --- The XXXXXXXX are some unique number for ur ATV, dont ask me, i aint have a clue about that ;) 
  • In Part 3, Seas0npass downloaded the official AppleTV2,1_4.4.4_9A406a_Restore.ipsw in C:\Users\Documents\Seas0nPass\Downloads and also create a custom SP firmware in C:\Users\Documents\Seas0nPass\ which will be of the filename - AppleTV2,1_4.4.4_9A406a_SP_Restore.ipsw. 
  • In Part 4, Step 1 - i dont recall creating a folder in the beginning as mentioned in the step. However, you can create a new folder called "Finish" in this step.
  • In Part 4, Step 2, The file name to be dragged to Total commander is AppleTV2,1_4.4.4_9A406a_SP_Restore.ipsw. The left side of the Totalcmd will display the files from the AppleTV2,1_4.4.4_9A406a_SP_Restore.ipsw.. The dmg files that i found were named 038-3845-002 AND 038-3848-002 
  • In Part 4, Step 6, the word "Firmware archive" confused me for a moment. The key is to overwrite the dmg files on the left of the window with the ones that were dragged over in the earlier few steps. 

- Chirikudukka
Work as a team and that helps in finding solutions

March 15, 2012 - 10:42pm
synergy's picture

IT IS WORKING!!!YES!NO ERROR 1600

this is the way to go guys:

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7292

March 16, 2012 - 2:01pm
menn00's picture

I wonder, could I use this method together with my AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455_SP_Restore.ipsw file

to inject an old firmware on my jailbreaked 4.4.4?

March 16, 2012 - 3:07pm (Reply to #38)
Rhothgar's picture
  jailbreakappletv.com wrote:

Just slightly updated the guide to clarify a few things, hope it helps.

Don't I get credit for correcting the error in Part 4, Step 4 and 6 as I pointed it out?

I still can't get away from Error 9 and it seems I'm getting no help either.  It's frustrating.

March 16, 2012 - 5:24pm (Reply to #39)
pacespeed's picture
  menn00 wrote:

I wonder, could I use this method together with my AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455_SP_Restore.ipsw file to inject an old firmware on my jailbreaked 4.4.4?    

Were you able to jailbreak the 4.3 firmware?  I was able to jailbreak 4.4.4 using this method but I'm having problems with 4.3. Here are the questions that I have.

1. At Part 2 Step 3: Choose "Browse for the iOS 4.4.4 (9A406a) IPSW" and open the Apple TV Firmware file that was saved initially." I can't find the ipsw resotore file for 4.3 (2557).. Do I need it? or should I build the IPSW using the IFaith software?  I think there's an option.

2. Part 3 will create the ipsw for version 4.4.4.   Do I need to find a version of SeasOnPass that will build a 4.3 IPSW?  
thanks,
  March 16, 2012 - 5:44pm
menn00's picture

I could ultimately share my 4.3 with you, but I am not even sure this is possible at all. I have always learned SHSH blobs had to be retrieved on forehand.

If you could confirm I should be able to get SHSH blobs now, (never saved them before) to use the post 1 guide to create my own veriefied 4.3.3 and install it, I will give it a try!

March 16, 2012 - 6:29pm (Reply to #41)
shaneb.8295's picture
  pacespeed wrote:

Were you able to jailbreak the 4.3 firmware?  I was able to jailbreak 4.4.4 using this method but I'm having problems with 4.3. Here are the questions that I have.

1. At Part 2 Step 3: Choose "Browse for the iOS 4.4.4 (9A406a) IPSW" and open the Apple TV Firmware file that was saved initially." I can't find the ipsw resotore file for 4.3 (2557).. Do I need it? or should I build the IPSW using the IFaith software?  I think there's an option.
  2. Part 3 will create the ipsw for version 4.4.4.   Do I need to find a version of SeasOnPass that will build a 4.3 IPSW?  

thanks,

I did 4.4.4 succesfully with this method first try but nothing over 2 days screwing with a 4.4.2 so maybe its the same as 4.3? anyways yes you use the season pass listed in this and right click on the create and you can select from different versions including the 4.3. You can download the 4.3 ISPW (non Season pass SP) from here

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid...

March 16, 2012 - 6:34pm
jbp210's picture

I am on 4.1 how would i go about doing this?

March 16, 2012 - 6:36pm (Reply to #43)
ormanton's picture
  jbp210@gmail.com wrote:

I am on 4.1 how would i go about doing this?

wait for 5.

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

March 16, 2012 - 7:06pm (Reply to #44)
ormanton's picture
  shaneb.8295 wrote:

I did 4.4.4 succesfully with this method first try but nothing over 2 days screwing with a 4.4.2 so maybe its the same as 4.3? anyways yes you use the season pass listed in this and right click on the create and you can select from different versions including the 4.3. You can download the 4.3 ISPW (non Season pass SP) from here http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid...

I would wait for ios5 jb

2008-atv1
2011-atv2

March 16, 2012 - 7:32pm
jbp210's picture

that sucks. i ordered the apple tv way before they stopped signing and it didnt show up until yesterday. any news on a jailbreak being worked on?

March 16, 2012 - 7:38pm (Reply to #46)
ormanton's picture
  jbp210@gmail.com wrote:

that sucks. i ordered the apple tv way before they stopped signing and it didnt show up until yesterday. any news on a jailbreak being worked on?

Did you order it from some  alaska shop  with 4.1 firmware couple days ago?  No solution for 4.1 in my head , wait couple .....

2008-atv1
2011-atv2

March 16, 2012 - 10:12pm (Reply to #47)
took12's picture
  nurological wrote:

Does this work on 4.2.2??

Yes, I followed this thread on 4.2.2 and it worked! Read the directions very carefully, notice to replace 4.4.4 with 4.2.2 like it says at the top of the thread...

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7279

March 17, 2012 - 9:18am (Reply to #48)
archimed's picture
  shaneb.8295 wrote:

I did 4.4.4 succesfully with this method first try but nothing over 2 days screwing with a 4.4.2 so maybe its the same as 4.3? anyways yes you use the season pass listed in this and right click on the create and you can select from different versions including the 4.3. You can download the 4.3 ISPW (non Season pass SP) from here

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid...

I had problems with the method using 4.4.2 - turns out that all of the jailbreaks for 4.4.2 are tethered, so your ATV2 will go to a black screen when you boot it. You have to use seas0npass's tethered boot function in order to make it work. Since tethered boots suck, I'm just going to wait for a v5 jailbreak.

March 17, 2012 - 11:30am
aaronsapple's picture

Getting error 1602 in itunes at the last step.  Argh.

Did one thing differently.  Can't locate the the apple firmware file for Part 2, step 3 so I elected to have ifaith download it.  Is that causing the error 1602?

Every other step was easy to follow.  Thanks for the posting.

March 17, 2012 - 1:20pm
asantana's picture

Very Good Tutorial, don´t care came it, the results is very good!!

Thanks !!

March 17, 2012 - 1:44pm
Riccardo's picture

I have a question with regard to the following steps:

Step 2: Drag the Seas0nPass Firmware file (located within the My Documents -> Seas0nPass folder) that was created in Part 3 of the procedure into the Total Commander shortcut Icon located on your Desktop.
Step 3: On the Right Side of the Total Commander window, navigate to the "Finish" folder we created in Step 1 of this part of the procedure. The desktop can usually be found under the "Users -> [Login Name] -> Desktop" folder tree.
Step 4: Drag the two DMG files from the Left Side of the Total Commander window to the “Finish” folder on the right side, agree to any prompts.

My problem is that I dont see the two dmg files. When dragging the firmware file to the total commander shortcut I see the firmware file itself in total commander but not 2 dmg-files. It seems like I can't open the ipsw-file.. Anyone?

March 19, 2012 - 6:37am (Reply to #52)
pacespeed's picture
  shaneb.8295 wrote:

I did 4.4.4 succesfully with this method first try but nothing over 2 days screwing with a 4.4.2 so maybe its the same as 4.3? anyways yes you use the season pass listed in this and right click on the create and you can select from different versions including the 4.3. You can download the 4.3 ISPW (non Season pass SP) from here http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid...

Thanks! I was albe to jailbreak 4.3 with your help.

March 21, 2012 - 12:33pm
cecemf's picture
Kudos: 7

Trying to update my Apple TV 2gen to 4.4.4 but my mistake iTunes downloaded 5.0 and install it ! 

Gutted as my Apple TV is now useless, I downloaded 4.4.4 ipsw but impossible to install it ! 

Any idea on how I can go back to 4.4.4 from 5.0 ? 

Mac OS X 10.13 + Mac Mini 2012 iCore5 2.5ghz, 16 Go, SSD drive + iPhone 7 + iPad Air 2 + Apple Watch Series 2 + NVIDIA Shield + Apple TV 4K + LG OLED C7 55"

March 21, 2012 - 1:09pm
jkretzmer's picture

Having the same problem as other, error 1602 on the last step... Any ideas?

Thanks.

March 22, 2012 - 3:36pm
mertiko's picture
  jailbreakappletv wrote:

This guide was originally posted at: http://www.jailbreakappletv.com/forums/general... please keep the acknowledgement out of respect for the hard work put into writing the guide.

I'm going to be putting this up on the front end of the site tomorrow. In the meantime, please share this with others across the internet, many people don't know that this can even be done yet!

How to Jailbreak the Apple TV 2 Running 5.0.1 or Less, After Apple Stopped Signing Older Version Firmware after March 8th

YouTube Video by CYBERxNUKE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUQfJ6OYhlc

System Requirements:

Help i heve error 1600

• Windows PC (this doesn't yet work for Mac unfortunately)
  • Latest Version of Apple iTunes Installed
  • Apple TV 2 Running 5.0.1 (4.4.4) Version Firmware or Less

Before Starting, Download the Following Support Files and Save them to a New Folder on your Desktop:

Once the files have been download, Extract the compressed Seas0nPass and iFaith compressed folders, then Install Total Commander. Once that's been done, continue following the instructions below carefully.

Part 1 - Saving SHSH Blobs (Deviced Plugged)

Step 1: Launch iFaith choose "Dump SHSH Blobs"
Step 2: Proceed by following the on screen prompts, don't plug in device until prompted.
Step 3: Follow the process to Enter DFU Mode and retrieve the SHSH Blobs. Let the process complete before touching anything. Close iTunes if it starts automatically, although it won't change anything if you leave it open.
Step 4: When prompted to choose a Save Location, save the new SHSH Blob to a designated folder on your Desktop, where you saved the rest of the support files to initially.
Step 5: Disconnect the Apple TV for the time being.

Part 2 - Building Signed Firmware Revision (Device Unplugged)

Step 1: Return to iFaith and Choose "Build signed IPSW w/ Blobs" and follow the on screen prompts.
Step 2: Select "Browe for SHSH Blobs cache" and open the SHSH Blob file we had saved in Part 1 of this guide.
Step 3: Choose "Browse for the iOS 4.4.4 (9A406a) IPSW" and open the Apple TV Firmware file that was saved initially.
Step 4: Wait, then click "Build IPSW" when prompted.
Step 5: Once it's done Saving the File to your Desktop, it will say "Done building IPSW" in the header, DO NOT CLICK the "Proceed" button, close the program instead.

Part 3 - Build Custom Firmware with Seas0nPass (Device Unplugged)

Step 1: Launch Seas0nPass, and Click "Create IPSW"
Step 2: Wait for Seas0nPass to finish downloading and modifying the IPSW from Apple, this will take a few minutes at least.
Step 3: Once you see "Waiting for device to enter DFU mode..." it means that this part of the procedure is done, close Seas0nPass.

Part 4 - Modify Image Files with Total Commander (Device Unplugged)

Step 1: Create a New Folder within the Folder that was created at the beginning of this guide, name it "Finish".
Step 2: Drag the Seas0nPass Firmware file (located within the My Documents -> Seas0nPass folder) that was created in Part 3 of the procedure into the Total Commander shortcut Icon located on your Desktop.
Step 3: On the Right Side of the Total Commander window, navigate to the "Finish" folder we created in Step 1 of this part of the procedure. The desktop can usually be found under the "Users -> [Login Name] -> Desktop" folder tree.
Step 4: Drag the two DMG files from the Left Side of the Total Commander window to the “Finish” folder on the right side, agree to any prompts.
Step 5: Close Total Commander, then drag the iFaith Signed IPSW located on your Desktop into the Total Commander shortcut icon, reopening the application.
Step 6: Drag the two DMG files that were previously moved to the right side of the window in Step 4, into the Firmware Archive on the left side of the window.
Step 7: Allow it to Overwrite, agree to any on screen prompts and wait for it to finish writing.
Step 8: Once complete, close Total Commander, you now have a signed Firmware File on your Desktop.

Part 5 - Flash Signed Jailbroken Firmware to Device (Device Plugged)

Step 1: Launch iFaith Once Again and plug Apple TV back into Micro USB.
Step 2: Choose "Use DFU Pwner (iREB)" and Follow on screen prompts.
Step 3: Your device has now been forced into DFU Recovery Mode, agree to proceed and then Close iFaith.
Step 4: Launch iTunes and wait for it to recognize Apple TV device.
Step 5: Hold the SHIFT key, Press the "Restore" button in iTunes.
Step 5: Open the Jailbroken Signed Firmware File that was previously saved to your Desktop named something like "00000XXXXXXXXXX_iFaith_Apple_TV_2-4.4.4 (9A406a)_signed.ipsw" and wait for iTunes to flash the device.

Congratulations! Your device has now been Jailbroken and is running 5.0.1 firmware. You can now use it as Apple definitely didn't intend it be used. Remember, you read it first at Jailbreak Apple TV !

We'd like to give special thanks to the people that helped make this special DFU programming process possible, thanks goes out to CYBERxNUKE, ormanton, ih8sn0w, and Firecore for contributing to this guide.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MIIIIIIIIIIII i heve error 1600

March 22, 2012 - 3:38pm
mertiko's picture

PLISSS HELP   I Have error 1600

March 22, 2012 - 5:50pm
Nightx's picture

Sorry but with a compicated method to Install ATV Flash 4.4 like The Description of Cyber Duke i will Throw The ATV away. The mentioned Way don't work with my ATV and Sorry i' m Not a it Genius. With so compicated Methods to jailbreak i will use The original fw with The plus of mirroring or i Sale ist because with no Option to Play Movies from NAS its. Absolut useless

March 22, 2012 - 9:57pm
Gombeek's picture

Hey Everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Ok so I've heard a lot of different people having troubles with various errors during the restore in iTunes and various solutions that seem to work for some and not all. the truth is, you just need to keep restoring it, if it errors out re pwn it and restore it again in iTunes. This jail break method is not without flaws and it is all about being persistent and if you get a error code or message just start that step over again.

-G

Black Friday Sale at www.raw-media.ca $75 off the Raw Entertainment System or Raw Mini both preloaded with XBMC, no jailbreaking required! Use promo code "bf2013"

March 23, 2012 - 12:59am
scseo's picture

1604 fix......

I'm from China,Sichuan

March 24, 2012 - 2:26am
joshdsolo's picture

Hi, i have 3 apple tv can i use the same ifait firware that i create for one of the to the other 2?

or i have to make the samething to each one?

Thanks