- Add AFP share to Media Player
- Add share to Favorites (make sure it is the displayed left-most on your favorite list in Media Player)
- Go back to top-level Apple TV Menu
- Go to file server and rename or delete share that was set as a favorite share
- Open media player
- Media Player will attempt to browse favorite share, will display an error message
- Press "Menu" button will bring you back to Media Player, causing it to run step #6 again
So you end up stuck in a vicious loop between #6 & #7.
If you hit the menu button repeatedly in quick succession, you should be able to get it to go back to the top-level Apple TV menu before Media Player gets a chance to try to browse the non-existent share.
Also, I found I could crash Media Player and the Apple TV (thereby restarting lowtide) in step #7 by pressing "Menu" button and "Right" repeatedly (in attempt to move away from the non-existent favorited share it is trying to browse.)