43 posts / 0 new / Last post
  October 3, 2013 - 7:12pm
dereckpaypal's picture
Kudos: 0

Can someone please assist me with integrating this with URC Total Control system. I know that crestron and control 4 have drivers made. The problem is total control uses the IP address and a port tcp or UDP and sends ASCII , hex, and dec. everything I have tried does not work can someone suggest how to send these commands?

October 15, 2013 - 7:30pm
dereckpaypal's picture

Anyone? I asked through submitting a ticket and that is the most useless response i have ever gotten.

December 7, 2013 - 2:50pm
honza's picture

It would be great to be able to start playback of a specific movie via Media Player with a single URL command, such as this:

http://apple-tv.local/play=pathtomovie

December 11, 2013 - 1:55pm
energee's picture
  howardb.9736 wrote:

I'm using AJAX via jQuery to create a webapp, but I'm getting ...not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin in Chrome. It executes the command, but the npx command won't return the Now Playing XML because of the access control. Any way to modify the origin control in FireCore?

Thanks,

Howie

Haven't figured out a js workaround for this info but this can be retrieved with php.

December 11, 2013 - 2:19pm
energee's picture

I wanted a web-based control to use from my computer, i threw one together and made it public http://energee.github.io/aircontrol-remote.

December 25, 2013 - 3:48pm
leegorecki's picture

Hi I'm currently using Aircontrol with Indigo (Automation Server for Mac) so that when I play a video to each of my apple TVs via Airplay it turns on my amps and TVs to display it. It all works perfectly the only thing I would like to be able to do is display a Logo between videos (while the 5min shutdown timer is running) I can detect when it's not playing so that's not a issue but could I directly display the image in the media player via a path command?

Any help much appreciated

Lee

April 16, 2014 - 1:08pm
cesarvog's picture

Hello ALL, 

I'm willing to run AirControl and PlexConnect together on the same jailbroken AppleTV. The problem is both need an active HTTP server. I would like to have AirControl running on a different port (say 81), while PlexConnect uses the default 80 port. 

If the above change is not possible, I know it would be possivle to change the HTTP port of PlexConnect in it's config files, but that ALSO requires adding a reverse proxy to AirControl config files so all requests to trailers.apple.com get forwarded to the second HTTP Server (PlexConnect's) running on a different port. 

Anyone can point me in the right direction?

April 22, 2014 - 9:34pm
boojew's picture

Hey guys - how can I send text to aircontrol, for example for netflix search? Looking to build this into Roomie

September 7, 2014 - 12:17am
nitoTV's picture
  boojew wrote:

Hey guys - how can I send text to aircontrol, for example for netflix search? Looking to build this into Roomie

enterText = sends text to a text entry view (ie enterText=my%20search)

September 7, 2014 - 12:20am
nitoTV's picture
  cesarvog wrote:

Hello ALL, 

I'm willing to run AirControl and PlexConnect together on the same jailbroken AppleTV. The problem is both need an active HTTP server. I would like to have AirControl running on a different port (say 81), while PlexConnect uses the default 80 port. 

If the above change is not possible, I know it would be possivle to change the HTTP port of PlexConnect in it's config files, but that ALSO requires adding a reverse proxy to AirControl config files so all requests to trailers.apple.com get forwarded to the second HTTP Server (PlexConnect's) running on a different port. 

Anyone can point me in the right direction?

aircontrol doesn't have any config files, it is hardcoded to run on port 80, sorry.

September 7, 2014 - 12:21am
nitoTV's picture
  honza wrote:

It would be great to be able to start playback of a specific movie via Media Player with a single URL command, such as this:

http://apple-tv.local/play=pathtomovie

this is something i would've liked to do, but it just isnt feasible with the way remote "mounts" for afp/smb/etc work on the appletv.

September 7, 2014 - 12:24am
nitoTV's picture
  dereckpaypal wrote:

Anyone? I asked through submitting a ticket and that is the most useless response i have ever gotten.

the api page is pretty cut and dry http://support.firecore.com/entries/21375902

if you can't send standard commands via a URL like http://192.168.0.2/remoteCommand=1 then there isnt much i can do to help you