110 posts / 0 new / Last post
  February 13, 2013 - 2:52pm (Reply to #61)
Toonces's picture
Kudos: 1

What OS version are you running? I couldn't apply Seasonpass on one of my computers, but it worked when I tried it on another running a different OS version.

woutervandenworm wrote:

Please can you help. Keep getting this error:

process failed with reason:filesystem patches failed!!!

thanks

February 13, 2013 - 2:57pm
woutervandenworm's picture
Kudos: 0

I'm running 10.7.5

February 13, 2013 - 2:58pm (Reply to #63)
jdgtrplyr's picture
  Toonces wrote:

What OS version are you running? I couldn't apply Seasonpass on one of my computers, but it worked when I tried it on another running a different OS version.

woutervandenworm wrote:

Please can you help. Keep getting this error:

process failed with reason:filesystem patches failed!!!

thanks

Having the same problem running 10.6.8. Running the latest Seas0nPass.

"The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts." - Darwin

February 13, 2013 - 3:03pm
Adamsfire's picture

Everything is workig like a charm now. I have restored my apple tv and started from scratch with the season pass. Perhaps there were some left over files from an earlier insallation.

February 13, 2013 - 3:07pm (Reply to #65)
dizzybob's picture
  james wrote:

To install an older version you can just right-click the Create IPSW button.

http://support.firecore.com/entries/359097-Sav...

Hi,

I have upgraded my Apple TV 2 with 5.2(iOS 6.1) and used Seas0nPass to jailbreake it. All works fine but i just found out that XBMC dosnt work with this version Frown I have no backup of my older iOS versions for my Apple TV 2. Will i have to wait for a update from XBMC or is there a way to get back to 5.0.2 (iOS 5.1.1)? will this rigth-click on IPSW method work if you havent got any backups?

Thanks in advance and thanks for making this great software!

February 13, 2013 - 3:32pm
drew.matich@gmail.com's picture

I have just tried the 5.2 update.  Unfortunately, the process stops cold when I plug in the AppleTV...I get no prompt to do a restore, nor does iTunes open automatically.  To add insult to injury, my wired computer keyboard stops working (on any application) when I get to this point...the only way back is a restart.

Running 10.8.2 on a Mac Pro.

February 13, 2013 - 3:40pm
george.crampton's picture

Flawless jailbreak and atvflash(Black) installation using seas0npass on ATV2 with 5.2. and latest itunes on iMac

Thanks for all your hard work and a successful result. 

George

February 13, 2013 - 3:43pm

Anyone who can guide me with the: process failed with reason:filesystem patches failed!!! error

Thanks

February 13, 2013 - 4:17pm
Nickytayy's picture

im using mac os x version 10.6.8. 

February 13, 2013 - 5:32pm (Reply to #70)
deano72's picture
  woutervandenworm wrote:

Anyone who can guide me with the: process failed with reason:filesystem patches failed!!! error

Thanks

Hi, I am also getting this error on 10.7.5. Any advice would be great.

February 13, 2013 - 5:38pm
stazpo's picture

Why no support for air play in Media Player?

February 13, 2013 - 5:54pm (Reply to #72)
bagelman's picture
  deano72 wrote:

Hi, I am also getting this error on 10.7.5. Any advice would be great.

Same issue here, and 10.7.5 as well.  thx.

February 13, 2013 - 7:28pm
bagelman's picture

For anyone struggling with the "filesystem patches failed" error, follow arpena's advice below for a fix.

arpena wrote:

It's a bug in Seas0nPass. In Mac OS X 10.7 and up, tar changed its behavior not to follow symlinks when restoring files. Ironically, it is the same bug evasi0n exploits in iOS MobileBackup to make the jailbreak untethered.

See my previous post: http://forum.firecore.com/topic/9529?page=5#comment-58597

You can download the modified evasi0n.tgz from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72403274/evasi0n.tgz to solve the problem. Replace your Seas0nPass.app/Contents/Resources/bundles/AppleTV2\,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle/evasi0n.tgz with this file and post here the result. 

February 13, 2013 - 8:08pm (Reply to #74)
Toonces's picture

arpena,

Thanks for your fix. It allowed me to get around the "filesystem" errors I was encountering in OS X 10.6.8. Seasonpass worked in 10.8.2 until the iTunes restore part, where it would fail multiple times with 1601 errors (iTunes 11). Fortunately, with iTunes 10.7 in OS X 10.6.8, everything worked.

Thanks again.

February 13, 2013 - 9:31pm
Paik4Life's picture

I'm running into a problem with my ATV2 with iTunes 11.0.1 (12).

It gets stuck at the "Restoring in iTunes. Please wait while script is running..."

iTunes opens but it doesn't start the restore process. I believe I can manually do the restore with an option+click to restore, but when I search for .ipsw files only the stock 5.2 ipsw shows up.

Where are the modified .ipsw files stored for seas0npass or how what should I do to move past this step?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot to show the Library folder. I found it there under ~Library/Application Support/Seas0nPass/Firmware just in case people have the same issue as me.

To show your Library files open terminal and use this command chflags nohidden ~/Library/

~Paik

February 13, 2013 - 11:47pm

Thanks for the bug fix now updating Smile

February 14, 2013 - 3:12am
jayman16's picture

Thanks for the update guys.  Lifetime account bought.

February 14, 2013 - 9:54am (Reply to #78)
deano72's picture
  bagelman wrote:

For anyone struggling with the "filesystem patches failed" error, follow arpena's advice below for a fix.

arpena wrote:

It's a bug in Seas0nPass. In Mac OS X 10.7 and up, tar changed its behavior not to follow symlinks when restoring files. Ironically, it is the same bug evasi0n exploits in iOS MobileBackup to make the jailbreak untethered.

You can download the modified evasi0n.tgz from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72403274/evasi0n.tgz to solve the problem. Replace your Seas0nPass.app/Contents/Resources/bundles/AppleTV2\,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle/evasi0n.tgz with this file and post here the result. 

This worked for me too. Many thanks!

February 14, 2013 - 9:30pm
Eug's picture
Eug
Kudos: 2

Given the numerous errors, and the requirement by some to apply a patch to Seas0nPass to get it to work right, should the rest of us be waiting for a new version of Seas0nPass?

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day!

February 14, 2013 - 9:52pm
alrj's picture

arpena wrote:

having trouble figuring out where to use the evasi0n.tgz - could someone with more computer knowledge help out with step by step.

cheers

February 15, 2013 - 12:50am
Eug's picture
Eug

I went ahead and tried the jailbreak. Didn't work. So, I did the aforementioned patch, and then was able to jailbreak my Apple TV 2. It said I had a 1602 error or something but despite that it did actually work. I've installed ATV Flash 2.2 and it all works fine. However, the Seas0nPass app needs an update. Without the help of the people in this thread, I would never have been able to get it to work.

BTW, every time I tried to download the patch, it came out as a .tar file on my Mac. I presume it was automatically unzipping it each time. Finally I did an OPTION-click and it downloaded it as the original .tgz file.

P.S. How big are the apps? It turns out last.fm in Canada needs a subscription so I won't use the app. Is it worth removing it? Or should I just leave it there?

February 15, 2013 - 7:26am
losung's picture

I need some help please guys!

I have had a jailbroken ATV2 for nearly a year.  I have moved house, so I went to Boot-Tether the ATV2 as I had the internet re-connected.  The Boot-Tether option was greyed out.  So I created an ISPW and it went through the process.  I might add, I updated Seas0nPass to the latest version 0.8.9.  After I put it into DFU mode, the ISPW was successfully created, it didn't automatically select in iTunes but gave me the option to select it manually in finder.

I selected it, and again it went through the process.  iTunes suggested that the firmware 5.2 was successfully completed.  So I plugged the ATV into the TV and it was stock standard.  I have repeated this process I don't know how many times and I keep get the same thing.  Everything looks successful, but when plugged in it's not.

I have asked James for any help, and he advised to update the Seas0nPass, but this is already done.  I have spent countless hours in the past 72 hours to try and rectify the problem, but can't find any online help.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

February 15, 2013 - 2:39pm
oliver_in_germany's picture

Works great again. Thanks a lot from Germany.

Hope apple will tune up the box a bit. Wink

February 15, 2013 - 3:20pm
colmg.5925's picture

Hi I've downloaded the patch as suggested, but now I've no idea what to do with the folder when it's unzipped, I'd appreciated it greatly if someone could walk me through what to do. I'm using OSX 10.7.5

February 15, 2013 - 4:50pm (Reply to #85)
Greenish's picture
  james wrote:

Unfortunately it sounds like you may have an ATV3. Right now Seas0nPass will only support the ATV2. Sorry.

iChristoph wrote:
Hi James,

I was very happy to read that Seas0nPass now should be able to update also aTV running version 5.2 BUT in my case it doesn't work.

I just downloaded Seas0nPass 0.8.9, downloaded aTV FW 5.2 and so on and then this message was prompt: "Sorry. Frown This device is not supported by Seas0nPass"

Then I hold down option key, selected the downloaded aTV FW and then "Unsupported Firmware! The firmware AppleTV2,1_5.2_10B144b_SP_Restore.ipsw is not ompatible with this version of Seas0nPass."

I'm using MacBookPro, Summer 2009, OS X 10.8.2, iTunes 11.0.1.

I will test the same procedure now with Win 7 and keep you up to date. If there are any log files which could help, please let me know !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the same error!!! this is really annoying!!

and i think this is the apple tv 2 cause only support 720p.

So, i run seasonpass and when i plug usb cable no flash light so i must plug power cable to try DFU mode.

when i release the menu and play/pause button... "plinc" i got the error message from seasonpass not support this version. 

this is because i send diagnostics to apple?

or this is apple tv 3?

but in formation says 720p

(sorry about my english)

February 16, 2013 - 12:00am (Reply to #86)
Jailbreak_noob's picture
  MightyJew wrote:

sn0wbreeze-v2.9.8 injects NitoTV. You can use NitoTV to install all the Firecore appliances if you like. Maintenance does not work at the moment, but since you can install manually it makes no difference,

The issue at the moment is XBMC. The current version will not install properly on this version of iOS. This is the same issue XBMC had when the 5.X version of iOS was released. It took them a week or two to get that resolved. XBMC is working on a newer version which is not yet completed. So whether Firecore updates ATV Flash or not, there is not a working version of XBMC. I am sure once the XBMC version is made available then ATV Flash will be updated as well.

FYI: Bluetooth keyboard is native to the iOS so it will function in XBMC as it does on a PC or Mac.  

So that is where I'm currently at. I jailbroke with snowbreeze and I need an app like xbmc to access my nas. Is there a different app that will work since xbmc is having issues?

Dan

February 16, 2013 - 12:19am (Reply to #87)
cookdj1's picture

Hi All,

Could someone please clarify how to replace this file, the file in this location is Appletv2,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle, How do i replace it (Delete and Replace???) and do i replace with the Zip file or unzipped and what file name and extension will it end up with when i replace.

Thanks in advance

alrj wrote:

arpena wrote:

having trouble figuring out where to use the evasi0n.tgz - could someone with more computer knowledge help out with step by step.

cheers

February 16, 2013 - 3:40am (Reply to #88)
Toonces's picture
  cookdj1 wrote:

Hi All,

Could someone please clarify how to replace this file, the file in this location is Appletv2,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle, How do i replace it (Delete and Replace???) and do i replace with the Zip file or unzipped and what file name and extension will it end up with when i replace.

Thanks in advance

First, make sure you have the file called "evasion.tgz" from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72403274/evasi0n.tgz

If your OS automatically decompressed it so the file suffix is something else, download it again by right-clicking the above link and selecting "Download Linked File As." The file has to remain named as "evasion.tgz". It should not be unzipped.

Locate the SeasonPass app and right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents." This will open a new window containing a folder called "Contents." Tunnel down through the folders "Resources" and "Bundles" until you locate the file "Appletv2,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle." Right-click on this and select "Show Package Contents." You should see a file called "evasion.tgz." Replace this file with the one you downloaded from the link provided above.

Now run SeasonPass and jailbreak your Apple TV.

February 16, 2013 - 7:12am
Eug's picture
Eug

If I've already backed up my SHSH blobs, is there any point in backing up the patched IPSW files for future restores?

If I do backup, do I just need the AppleTV2,1_5.2_10B144b_SP_Restore.ipsw file or do I also backup the AppleTV2,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle file?

Is it possible to create a patched 5.0.2 IPSW and not have the install occur automatically?

February 16, 2013 - 11:38am
thesarge1974's picture

ok im confused!!!! can someone tell me if upgrading to 5.2 using seasonpass, xbmc will still work or is it incompatible at the moment?

Thanks

graham

jailbrokenatv.co.uk