4 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  February 18, 2013 - 3:37am
dempsey's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 0

It would be good if there was a way to group together videos somehow, even if had to do it manually via XML files.

For example sometimes Films don't all have a simple Film 1, Film 2 etc naming scheme which would make them show together, an obvious example being the Fast & Furious movies:

1. The Fast & The Furious
  2. 2 Fast 2 Furios
  3. The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift
  4. Fast & Furious
  5. Fast Five

They would be quite annoying to try find in a large library, but if we had a way of viewing video groups they could be seen together.

Not sure of a good way to actually do it, but just a suggestion.

February 18, 2013 - 11:28am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,115

We've had a few requests for this, though we need to think about a good way to handle this. It looks like TheMovieDB has a collections option, which should make it quite a bit easier to implement.

http://www.themoviedb.org/collection/9485-the-...

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

February 18, 2013 - 1:15pm
TKMAXX's picture

I do this manually. So my library has several folders. Films, Kids, Sport, Music, Box Sets.

In Films, Kids, Sport & Music I simple enter my ripped DVDs.

In box sets I then go down another level, The Fast & Furious, Star Wars, James Bond etc etc.

In each of these folders I then have all the 'collections' for that title so the ripped DVDs.

It's manual but works.

Thanks for the help!

TKMAXX

March 8, 2013 - 2:18am
pauld.04517's picture

I've gone down the manual route of creating folders for collections and it seems to work well.

However, is there any way to sort the files in the share so its done alphabetically completely, rather then A-Z folders, then A-Z files so I don' have to scroll through the many collection folders to get to a single film?