Hide the filename when using continuous playback

New to this forum, so apologies if this isn’t helpful, but I’m just here to throw my hat in with the folks that would really like the option to turn the file name display off in playlists.

I do double-feature screenings for the neighbourhood and I put trailer packages before and between the films. It would be so nice to have it all play back seamlessly without the file name popping up on the transitions.

1 Like

Can the Infuse staff let us know where this is on roadmap?

This is the roadmap. Only shows the closest upcoming items, not everything.

One possible workaround I can suggest at the moment, given that you are assembling these clips in a specific order to be viewed straight thru, is to combine them all sequentially into one video file using a tool such as MKVToolNix. Definitely not as ideal as using a custom playlist in conjunction with a toggle title-display setting in the Infuse menu, but it might help you achieve the desired effect in the meantime (which might be a rather long time, honestly).

Would you happen to know if the linux/Unix version would work on a pre-Apple-silicone Mac?

And thanks for that. I’ve been considering doing the same but haven’t found a way to stitch together MKVs reliably. (Or at all, really)

1 Like

Why would you ask that? This app have been out for years before apple silicon Macs so the “macOS” version should work fine. Depending on your age and macOS version you may have to search for an older version to get it running.

One possible workaround I can suggest at the moment, given that you are assembling these clips in a specific order to be viewed straight thru, is to combine them all sequentially into one video file using a tool such as MKVToolNix. Definitely not as ideal as using a custom playlist in conjunction with a toggle title-display setting in the Infuse menu, but it might help you achieve the desired effect in the meantime (which might be a rather long time, honestly).

I find this is not a viable solution as the trailers/shorts/features I want to program into my double and triple feature presentations are usually in a mix of different frame sizes, frame rates, color spaces, and transfer functions. Therefore they cannot be combined into a single MKV without significant (and lossy) transcoding work.

I really hope this feature is not far off, as it seems that it would not require a large amount of Dev work and would really benefit those trying to get closer to the quality cinema experience in their homes.

2 Likes

Something that’s said by someone about nearly every feature or option requested here, and is perhaps even very close to true in some cases … and yet …….

1 Like

We use Infuse as a video player for a video that is played in a loop on an Apple TV at a trade show via the Infuse tvOS app. The video is streamed from the cloud. Given Infuse’s great picture quality and extensive configuration options, it’s frustrating that even at the end of April 2023, it’s apparently still not possible to turn off having the filename of the video being played briefly displayed on a black background after each loop. In our case, this means that the filename is briefly displayed more than 100 times throughout the day. We should have used a professional digital signage app after all.

3 Likes

We use Infuse as a video player for a video that is played in a loop on an Apple TV at a trade show via the Infuse tvOS app. The video is streamed from the cloud. Given Infuse’s great picture quality and extensive configuration options, it’s frustrating that even at the end of April 2023, it’s apparently still not possible to turn off having the filename of the video being played briefly displayed on a black background after each loop. In our case, this means that the filename is briefly displayed more than 100 times throughout the day. We should have used a professional digital signage app after all.

Thank you for sharing another use case that screams for this feature.

For me, this is really the only feature that is keeping Infuse from being the ultimate local video streaming platform. It’s so close!

1 Like

Is there any possibility of switching off the title name in a playlist when a new file starts?
I’m using Infuse on my AppleTV in a home cinema environment for pre-show clips and trailers before the main movie and displaying the names is ruining the cinema- like experience.

Maybe a sick workaround with invisible unicode characters as file names?

I moved your post to a currently running thread in the suggestions forum requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Is it possible to provide funds to the Infuse dev team in order to accelerate the development of this feature?

Some kind of success. I used an invisible character (⠀ ) and used copy and paste in the filename. More characters for each file. Filename doesn’t show up anymore.

Does it work? Yes.
Is it practical? With only a bunch of files… Maybe.
Is it a permanent solution? Hell no!