Playback stops, spinning wheel

Your streaming from a mac, windows maschine or nas?

From my MacBook !

For what it’s worth, VLC seems to have no issue with SMB or mkv. I even see certain mkvs, which are not displayed in Infuse.
So while Infuse fixes this issue or you set up an FTP server, you can use VLC.

El Capitan? Because in El Capitan you cant activate the integrated FTP server that easy anymore. You have to start the ftp server (not sftp!) with a terminal command. I would recommend a dlna server (serviio, twonky, plex, universal media server) as long as the issue exists.

Switching from SMB to FTP seems to have solved my playback issues too.

Using a WD MyCloud w decent read speeds (>100mb/s). I don’t get any playback issues with MrMC, so for me at least there seems to be an issue w SMB implementation & Infuse. Thought I had solved this yesterday after a reinstall, but the problems remerged. Hoping this sticks!

Very happy to have found a solution!
Prefer Infuse by a factor of 20

Same issue but the ftp solution didn’t work, because my videos are on an external hard drive.

Found two other solutions (I did both for better results):

• Mac OS X uses a special inheritance method for groups that means many users (and admin users as a rule) will belong to more than 15 groups. Samba has a problem with this as the methods it uses to know how many groups a user belongs to don’t work properly since Lion. Then I created a custom users just for sharing:
  1. Preferences section click the “+” to add a new user and select, from the pop-up menu, “Sharing Only”:
  2. Add the sharing-only user to Samba issuing these commands in the terminal:

sudo /opt/local/bin/smbpasswd -a newuser
sudo /opt/local/bin/smbpasswd -e newuser

Paste each one separately. Keep in mind the first command will first ask for the administrator password and then for the password for the new user, twice. Replace “newuser” with the user you created in the previous step. If you have Samba installed in a different route replace “/opt/local/bin/” with the proper path.

1. Assign permissions to the folder you want to share. You can do this in the finder or in the “Sharing” preference pane

It fixed all my loading issues during playback

Enabling “Remote Login” in the Sharing window of El Capitan also enables SFTP, so no need to muck with the Terminal or 3rd party apps to enable this. It’s working for me.

Have the same problem. Switching to SFTP didn’t help. A bunch of movies (x264 about 8gb) stop every 4-7 minutes for loading about 1 minute long.
I thought the problem is in my wifi - 2.4 Ghz? Do I need 5 ghz - is it critical? Or may be some router settings? But than I’ve tried one more movie (x264 9gb) and it works fine. Just one loading (about a minute) after rewind.
P.S. Don’t have stuttering problem at all everything goes smooth but this pauses are driving me nuts

UPD: False alarm! I bought new router - Xiaomi. And all the problems were cured! Now its faster than Dominic Toretto!